Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[POLL] Regarding recent changes to the RPG Forum

I am very upset about RPG Forums

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Keep Bethesda, Bioware, and Obsidian separate so I don't have to see that shit and just combine the rest.

hiver

Megathreads are great for keeping stupid shit contained into something that can easily be locked once the game comes out for fuck sake!

You want that spilling over fifteen different threads?

kazgar

Arcane
Oh, wait they're all gone.

Maybe it should be a random script that'll give you a different number of sub forums depending on when you load the page, can call it roguelike.

Murk

Arcane
Huh, now it says who is rating what.

The mad under-doctor is at work even as we blahblah.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I like how when the masses decide against something DU wants he just fucks with us. You don't get that kind of service at fly-by-night sites like the watch.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
On the assumption that you're actually serious this time (I know I know), I voted for Excom's idea, just because I think it's neat, at least on paper. It's definitely worth a try.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
As I am the initial requester of the "Ignore from New Posts" feature, I am happy with anything that makes this feature work as intended (and stops the administration from purging it every second month or so :x :x :x you think I didn't notice?)

keep as is right now

Regvard

Arcane
Further seperate those into title forums and add properly formatted and sticikied threads.

Such as:

Bethesda > Morrowind >

Sticky: Mods (Properly formatted, no dumbfuckery, listed in first post)
Sticky: Links to relevant LPS/Videos/Wikis/Reviews/Resources (Properly formatted, no dumbfuckery, listed in first post)
Dicussion about butthurt 1
Dicussion about butthurt 2
Dicussion about butthurt 3
Dicussion about butthurt 4

waywardOne

Arcane
ARPG and "normal" RPG should be enough. Old titles (pre-1990) wouldn't get enough action to justify their own space, and would probably give some incline since they're likely to be closer to the ideal of pcrpg.

I immensely dislike tags. I use an extension to block them from showing at all.

crufty

Arcane
i am very upset that there are no new rpgs for me to not play and not talk about in rpg sub forums that i don't visit

mondblut

Arcane
ARPG and "normal" RPG should be enough. Old titles (pre-1990) wouldn't get enough action to justify their own space, and would probably give some incline since they're likely to be closer to the ideal of pcrpg.

I immensely dislike tags. I use an extension to block them from showing at all.

:bro:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It was fine before with Classic and AAA/Derp. Horrible idea to break it down by developer/publisher. Far too tedious to navigate and browse.

Alchemist

Arcane
Yeah the cRPG / AAA popamole divide was quite clear to most Codexers I think, and that worked fine for me. Mostly I'm interested in monocled cRPGs and would mainly browse the cRPG forum. Sometimes, I admit, in my weaker moments, when drunk or very tired I might look into mainstream RPGs, and at those dark times I might read the AAA forum for support. It's good to have the two separate. But any further sub-categories are completely unnecessary and unwieldy.

The tag system, while theoretically having some potential, is a mess as currently implemented.

rafaninja888

Novice
I was surprised by the change. I mainly read up on the classic and Kicktstarter/new indie rpgs and the merging makes everything too messy (not interested in the AAA talk).
Please revert it back to the way it was ( subforums)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom