Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[POLL] Something wrong with the forums? (everything goes white / CSS not loading)

Do you get this problem?

• Fairly regularly, 1 or more times a day (I use Chrome)

Votes: 42 43.3%
  • Fairly regularly, 1 or more times a day (I use some other browser)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Occassionally, a few times a week (Chrome)

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Occassionally, a few times a week (some other browser)

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I used to but haven't had it in a while (Chrome).

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • I used to but haven't had it in a while (other browser).

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Never had it (Chrome)

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Never had it (Chrome-free)

Votes: 38 39.2%

• Total voters

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Anyone else?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I was getting it when I hit the refresh button, but haven't since you posted.

gromit

Arcane
I've had different permutations of this problem... it's always different chunks of the stylesheet which appear to go missing. For instance, I just had a page load where the header /footer blocks looked fine, and the background appeared, but the floats, margin tricks, and backgrounds responsible for post display were absent.

The styles appear to be linked directly via php, complete with URL parameters, rather than being constructed and then baked down into a CSS file. Is it possible there's an inconsistent hiccup in this process, and the odds of seeing it in a chromium / webkit browser are increased due to some peculiarity in how it caches / detects modification?

HTML:
<meta name="description" content="Stop using shit browsers (Chrome), guys.">
This is officially "weird" and not something anyone should pretend couldn't be broken into a million pieces by otherwise innocuous -- in fact, desirable -- client-side behaviors.
HTML:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="css.php?css=xenforo,form,public&style=4&dir=LTR&d=1371781410">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="css.php?css=bb_code,cz_dice,dark_minorin,editor_ui,message,message_user_info,polls,quick_reply,quick_reply_preview,thread_view,useress&style=4&dir=LTR&d=1371781410">

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Haven't had the problem today (yet). Whatever Taluntain did it seems to have worked.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
It's nice to be able to say I worked really hard on solving this problem and it's great to have come up with a solution which was all the result of my hard work.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom