Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline POLL: Tags

The tag system makes it look like a clown threw up in the topic list (like the "News" forum)

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • No

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Crispy

Votes: 29 47.5%

• Total voters

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Tags are dumb like "cloud computing" and whatnot . Vote and Discuss.

Zep--

mondblut

Arcane
If they were actually limited to being functional (i.e. stated the name of the game a thread is about), they could have a point. Since half of them consists of retarded GD crap like "crispy" and "left-wing" and whatever, they entirely miss the mark.

Looking for a name of a game in between "prosper" and "jews"? Won't bother.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
They should be toggeable or something on the user preferences, but it's much better than having to deal with a thousand subforums.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
The thing I don't like about the tags, besides all the different "clown" colors, is that they are different lengths, so trying to read down the topics with the helter skelter sizes is , i dunno for a better word(s), hard, not easy, unbalanced?

Zep--

mondblut

Arcane
The thing I don't like about the tags, besides all the different "clown" colors, is that they are different lengths, so trying to read down the topics with the helter skelter sizes is , i dunno for a better word(s), hard, not easy, unbalanced?

Zep--

Then you'll have a hard time if gamename-tags will be implemented. I'll make sure to discuss Challenge of the Five Realms and Secret of the Silver Blades extensively :lol:

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer

Zep--

Then you'll have a hard time if gamename-tags will be implemented. I'll make sure to discuss Challenge of the Five Realms and Secret of the Silver Blades extensively :lol:

I see your 2 long name tags and raise with "Don't Take it Personally, Babe, It Just Ain't Your Story"

Zep--

made

Arcane
We went from being RPGWatch to being Something Awful - which is worse and why?

No biggie though; you could just adblock the tags if it's a bother.

I could actually live with the current state of affairs (if the tags were designed to look a bit more consistent with the style of the website) which is why I guess it will be dumped in favor of yet another dumb system soon.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
The new tags are by far the best idea that we've had lately.

It would make sense to have all GAME NAMES in the SAME COLOR though. That way, it is easier to distinguish the game tags from the other stuff.

Captain Shrek

I really feel that the tags are unnecessary. We can all do without that specific ornamentation. Just like we could do without all the horrendous sub-forums.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Someone added this :obviously: tag to my avatar sidebar and I just wanted to say thanks to whoever did it. It's pretty sweet.

As for the thread tags, I don't even really notice them. There are only a few threads I might be actively engaged in at any given time, and a lot of the subforums I don't even bother with.

Last edited:

zwanzig_zwoelf

#we #want #rpgcodex #to #suck #donkey #dick #yolo

Shadenuat

Arcane
Is it really necessary to have "game news" tag on every thread in "game news" forum?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Someone added this :obviously: tag to my avatar sidebar and I just wanted to say thanks to whoever did it. It's pretty sweet.

As for the thread tags, I don't even really notice them. There are only a few threads I might be actively engaged in at any given time, and a lot of the subforums I don't even bother with.
I have one too and I have no idea why.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think you just have to have a certain majority threshold of your posts in the cRPG forums, and a certain minimum # of posts?

Guess I'm a more prestigious swindler now. I feel like he should have a tophat.

Tags are dumb like "cloud computing" and whatnot . Vote and Discuss.

Zep--

The current tag system is dumb. But that's because it's a half implemented, barely-functional system that doesn't serve a purpose yet. I was under the impression that it was being worked on (slowly) behind the scenes.

Zep--

This is why tags should not be put before the thread title but after or below it. Thread title is the most important piece of information; you rank information from most to least important from left to right

And for the record, I don't like the clown colours either and they aren't much use for us. Colours would only be necessary if you had to look through a list of dozens upon dozens of tags and find things quickly and in that situation they would be for classification not differentiation, i.e. green for companies, yellow for series', red for mechanics etc.

They look alright now.

inv7oj.jpg

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Much Better! Thanks, DU (I'm sure someone will disagree of course! :))

Zep--

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom