Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Poll - What Settings would you like to see more represented in RPG's?

Next codex approved™ RPG should be set in:

• High Fantasy

Votes: 24 8.0%
  • Low Fantasy

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Dark Fantasy

Votes: 82 27.3%
  • Urban Fantasy

Votes: 75 25.0%
  • Steampunk

Votes: 92 30.7%
  • Scifi - Space Opera

Votes: 113 37.7%
  • Scifi - Future Earth

Votes: 95 31.7%
  • Hard Scifi

Votes: 141 47.0%
  • Cyberpunk

Votes: 123 41.0%
  • Time-Travel

Votes: 71 23.7%
  • Alternate History

Votes: 108 36.0%
  • Science Fantasy

Votes: 69 23.0%
  • Pre-Historic

Votes: 73 24.3%
  • Ethnic - (ex: Oriental)

Votes: 83 27.7%
  • Horror

Votes: 104 34.7%
  • Super-Hero

Votes: 31 10.3%
  • Western

Votes: 82 27.3%
  • Modern Day

Votes: 92 30.7%
  • Mythological

Votes: 49 16.3%
  • Historical Fantasy

Votes: 42 14.0%

• Total voters

rado907

Savant
Voted for "low fantasy." I'd like games where magic is either non-existent or weak-sauce and limited, and the world resembles medieval Europe. Battle Brothers is a good example. (Orcs, undead and goblins are somewhat tolerable.)
I'm willing to play almost anything as long as it's good. One exception is the superheroes genre. I don't understand the appeal of superheroes. What's wrong with ordinary heroes?
But by and large I'm getting tired of games whose characters resemble a zoo or a circus freak show. Enough with the manga and anime crap.

Telengard

Arcane
I've always wanted to see a computerized version of Millennium's End (which is Modern Day-ish), with full implementation of the body hit locations, transparency attack overlays, damage by ammo type, and multiple wound effects. People would probably hate the density of it all, but it would be one of the most interesting things to come down the pike in a long time.

mondblut

Arcane
Anything with enough magic (or technology sufficiently advanced to be indistinguishable from it) to involve stuff that is actually cool to do, gets a pass from me.

likaq

Arcane
Polls where you can't see who voted how should be removed.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I voted everything except high fantasy (because it's overdone in CRPGs), Steampunk (Because it's totally impossible to avoid top hat, goggles and gears dumbfuckery) and Superhero (Because it can't really be done well in CRPGs)

Delbaeth

Learned
Not enough non-fantasy historical RPGs. Would like to see a Renaissance RPG, antiquity RPG, Roman or Greek but other than them: Gallia ? Carthago ? AEgyptus ? Hittite empire ? Nordmen (no, not Vikings) ? Pre-Colombus Americas ? African antiquity ? Mogol ? Angkor ?, and so on.

Stop with elves, dragons, zombies. We already have games for billion lifetimes.

Spaghetti Western with Ennio Morricone doing the music.

Arrakis/Dune: Probably has enormous potential for C&C and backstabbing and violent/non violent playthroughs. CD Projekt could pull it off.

Last edited:

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Good high fantasy > everything else. Shame that most high fantasy games are shit. Western is the one setting we desperately need more.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
Modern Setting Spy RPG like Alpha Protocol would be nice.

Which makes me sad, that kind RPG will not be make again for foreseeable future :cry:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom