Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Possible Obsidian Pathfinder RPG Survey

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/89780-survey-for-the-future/

It appears to be survey season. First off, thank you guys very much for helping us out with the survey that was sent out with the last backer update. Secondly, one of our partners is running a survey, and they would also love your feedback. This isn’t affiliated with Pillars of Eternity but helps them learn more about what kind of games you’d like to see. If you would like to participate in this survey as well, you can find it here: (Survey Link)

- Sking

[Edit] This is a long one. Make sure you have at least 15 minutes before you start.

EDIT: New survey, answer this one instead: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/89993-survey-for-the-future-part-2/

Hey you (bunch of forgiving gamers),

Our partners had a few issues in their last survey and have made corrections. We'd really appreciate you have another go at it. Thanks for all your past surveying and we hope we haven't burnt you out. New (Survey Link).

Use that voice

- Sking

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

It appears to be survey season. First off, thank you guys very much for helping us out with the survey that was sent out with the last backer update. Secondly, one of our partners is running a survey, and they would also love your feedback. This isn’t affiliated with Pillars of Eternity but helps them learn more about what kind of games you’d like to see. If you would like to participate in this survey as well, you can find it here: (Survey Link)

- Sking

[Edit] This is a long one. Make sure you have at least 15 minutes before you start.

:hmmm:
Fuck, it takes almost 20 minutes? Fucking marketing drones.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I

- Sking

I'll just do whike working. Sure beats whatever menial task i am doing. Entry corporate job

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I

- Sking

I'll just do whike working. Sure beats whatever menial task i am doing. Entry corporate job
I started it now during the job as well, but I got bored after 4 minutes and quit.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
This is bloody long and quite specific, huh.

9sCLpx2.jpg

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
So the survey asks you about your...

- gameplay experience (leaning towards PC games) in general
- experience of isometric RPGs (from IE games to new wave of iso RPGs)
- opinion on aspects of PoE
- pnp RPG experience
- interest and expectations on a potential isometric RPG based on Pathfidner

Interesting, eh.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
It asks a ton of questions about a potential pathfinder RPG. I guess that could be okay but I'm getting bored just trying to imagine it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No, dude, the problem is that they call it "streamlining" (aka Bethspeak), that's the fucking red flag.

They immediately explain that "streamlining" means "less systems and less depth". They're not trying to hide anything, it is what it is.

Latelistener

Arcane
RPGs (like Skyrim)

None of the above.

RPGs (like Skyrim)

None of the above.

Thank you for your time in filling out the survey! If you reached this page quickly it means you likely didn't qualify for the full survey, but we greatly appreciate you taking the time.

Survey Termed
Sorry, you do not qualify for this survey...

:hero:

mitochondritom

Educated
It took me 25 mins but I filled it in. Seemed really detailed for a survey, I hope they get a decent response. I hope we all did our duty to mark massive disinterest for anything Bioware develop :lol:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Picked Other for gaming sites I visit on a weekly basis. Shocked that an almost tier 1 site like the Codex wasn't included :(

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
For those don't want to bother with the survey, these are the queries regarding the features of a potential CRPG and Pathfinder from the survey:

The next exercise will use something many RPG players are familiar with sliders. This is all about your preferences, so please feel free to place the below sliders wherever you would like. You do need to at least click the slide for your answer to register, but leaving it in the middle is perfectly fine!
  • Less voice acting (0) vs. More voice acting (100)
  • Hidden lore you need to reconstruct yourself like Dark Souls (0) vs Deep lore that is provided clearly (100)
  • Many Choices in the outcome of the story (0) vs. A more planned and determined narrative (100)
  • Dice roles and Probability based outcomes (0) vs. Purely skill based outcomes (100)
  • More written text to tell the story (0) vs. Less written text to tell the story (100)
  • Lots of depth and subsystems to manage (0) vs. A more streamlined experience with less systems and less depth (100)
  • Dialogue Trees (0) vs. Scripted Sequences (100)
  • Open world (0) vs Predetermined sequence of locations (100)
There are different ways that Isometric RPGs deal with combat. Which of the following types of combat are most appealing to you in an Isometric RPG?
  • Real-time Combat like Baldur's Gate: Combat happens in real time, but player can pause the game, assign actions that will be performed after the unpausing
  • Phase-based Combat like Wizardry: all commands are assigned at the beginning of the round and performed simultaneously with the opponents
  • Turn-based Combat like XCOM: commands are distributed turn by turn according to the rules
How much impact do you want to have in an Isometric RPG over the 'world'? How epic of a scale do you want in terms of how can you affect the game universe?
  • Low impact/Less epic and more personal (Bioshock, Dishonored): "Save the person" - you're saving only one person/place, the rest remains unchanged
  • Average impact/Average-epic (Fallout, Elder scroll): "Save the city" - you're changing a limited part of the game world
  • High impact/Epic (Mass Effect, Star Wars, Warhammer): "Save the world" - you're modifying the whole game universe radically
Which of the above 'tones' would you be most excited about seeing in a new Isometric RPG?
  • A Dark Tone: Like Game Of Thrones, The Dark Knight or Daredevil (Netflix)
  • A Grey Tone: Like Harry Potter, Gotham or Suicide Squad
  • A Light Tone: Like Narnia, The Flash (CW) or Batman from 1989
Which of the above art styles would you be most excited about seeing in a new Isometric RPG?

Realism

1so26Xy.jpg

Moderate Stylization

l77xlhW.jpg

Stylization

tVL196x.jpg

You mentioned that you are familiar with Pathfinder. Which of the following is your preferred 'rule book' to use?
  • The Core Pathfinder Rulebook
  • Other Official Pathfinder Rulebooks
  • Third Party Rulebooks (created for Pathfinder by a different company)
  • A Custom Rulebook or 'House Rules' (created by you and players)
  • Not Sure / Don't Know
Please choose the top 3 of your favorite adventure sets?
  • Hell's Vengeance
  • Hell's Rebels
  • Giantslayer
  • Iron Gods
  • Mummy's Mask
  • Wrath of the Righteous
  • Reign of Winter
  • Shattered Star
  • Skull & Shackles
  • Jade Regent
  • Carrion Crown
  • Serpent's Skull
  • Kingmaker
  • Council of Thieves
  • Legacy of Fire
  • Second Darkness
  • Curse of the Crimson Throne
  • Rise of the Runelords
  • None of the above
Which of the following adventure sets would you most like to see as an Isometric RPG?

(ditto)

How much do you think the mechanics in the game based on Pathfinder universe can differ from the official?
  • Almost not at all, like Baldur's Gate was different from D&D 2.5
  • Not very much, but enough to provide gameplay usability
  • Based on Pathfinder, but differs significantly, like Pillars of Eternity was different from D&D
  • Whatever, it can be radically different, the game being good is what matters
Based on this information and what you may already know about Pathfinder, how interested are you in purchasing or playing an Isometric RPG based on Pathfinder?

Which of the following Pathfinder styles would you be most excited about seeing in a Pathfinder Isometric RPG?

FaCtflU.jpg

NP3LUS9.jpg

What if I told you that a Pathfinder game was being made by the company below. Would that increase your interest, decrease your interest or not impact your interest either way?
  • Paizo
  • Obsidian
  • Bethesda Games
  • My.com
  • Tencent
  • Wizards Of The Coast
  • Blizzard
  • BioWare
  • Cryptic

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom