Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Post Scriptum

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
It's time for WW2 FPSes again eh

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hell yes, looking forward to this. For those of you that don't know, this is based of SQUAD, and published by the makers of SQUAD. It's a spin-off of some sorts, so If you like SQUAD you will probably like this. I think this (well I hope) will be my new go to WW2 shooter. I really do miss the RO days!

mbv123

Arbiter
Oh great, another WW2 FPS set in Normandy. Nevermind, it looks like it's set in Market Garden. Still bored.

Plisken

Learned
hopefully it doesnt have squad's problem of muddy textures and everything being a blurry mess past 25 meters.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Played a match on the test server and it seems really good. It's basically the game SQUAD but WW2. I prefer WW2 over modern combat so this is all good for me. The weapons feel nice to fire, and they are deadly as hell. Got one British paratrooper with one rifle round at 100 meters. Felt really satisfying. The firefights last much longer since not everyone and their mum has a fully automatic rifle.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Played a match on the test server and it seems really good. It's basically the game SQUAD but WW2. I prefer WW2 over modern combat so this is all good for me. The weapons feel nice to fire, and they are deadly as hell. Got one British paratrooper with one rifle round at 100 meters. Felt really satisfying. The firefights last much longer since not everyone and their mum has a fully automatic rifle.
How will it run on a 560ti? What factions does it have?

Modron

Arcane
Do the tanks have specific hitboxes like Red Orchestra 2 where you can target ammo/operators/treads/et cetera? I was always disappointed big tank battle maps were never that popular memorizing where to hit tanks for maximum pain was rewarding.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
How will it run on a 560ti? What factions does it have?

Not sure. It does not run super great on my 1060. But it is early days.
The game is set around operation market garden. Right now it is British versus Germans. Only seen British paratroopers so far, but the Germans have SS and Wehrmacht.

Do the tanks have specific hitboxes like Red Orchestra 2 where you can target ammo/operators/treads/et cetera? I was always disappointed big tank battle maps were never that popular memorizing where to hit tanks for maximum pain was rewarding.

I think so, I think the tank haves penetration values and such. I watched their live stream and saw that low caliber tank rounds just bounced off from a Panther.

Wolfe

Arbiter
It's pretty much Squad in WW2, with some additions such as more in depth vehicles. I was super surprised to get a free key for it as an early backer of Squad. I played a bit today on a UK server, the "sections" (squads) were doing a good job of communicating, I like the twist with a mobile rally point in the form of a truck that obviously needs to be well defended. The performance isn't great though, and for some reason my eyes feel tired after a while, there's something about the graphics that makes enemies difficult to spot. Regardless, I'll play some more tomorrow, it's off to a good start!

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
gvofcd.png

Yeah I think I'm sitting this one out.

zaper

Yes.
Developer
I have an uncle who knows next to nothing about computers, but is a big fan of ww1 & 2. He's like a war autistic, knows all the facts and reads all the books, sees all the movies and watches all the documentaries as well.

So, anyway, he often asks me to download games in that setting for him to play. He loved Battlefield 1 and that latest WW2 CoD. Might buy this as a gift for him, the problem is that he's really bad at the games despise playing so much.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
This requires a bit more than CoD and Battlefield 1. You actually have to work as a team to win, and 90% of your deaths you will have no idea what killed you and how. That can be a bit frustrating I guess, especially for someone that is not that good at games. But If he loves WW2 stuff, I guess you can't go wrong since this game is very authentic - weapons, uniforms, vehicles and such.

zaper

Yes.
Developer
This requires a bit more than CoD and Battlefield 1. You actually have to work as a team to win, and 90% of your deaths you will have no idea what killed you and how. That can be a bit frustrating I guess, especially for someone that is not that good at games. But If he loves WW2 stuff, I guess you can't go wrong since this game is very authentic - weapons, uniforms, vehicles and such.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I think he's going to have a hard time learning to play the game, but he'll do some LARPER shit with it. Think it might be an amazing experience for him.

Cholo

Arcane
Got a few hours today, this game rules.

snuck up on a jagdpanzer iv with a dalmer scout car, first shot killed the engine and then we plinked it to death:
sCXb7I7.jpg

Found another and got it with a PIAT
ee9PNKS.jpg

Our Firefly stumbled on to a panzer mkiii, I frantically looked for a good spot to shoot with weak armor and then remembered I had a 17 pounder. Front hull penetration- no problem
g7IV9nh.jpg

Overall I'm really impressed with the amount of communication it requires to use tanks around infantry. Tank hunting is extremely fun because of this.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I'll wait and see how Hell let loose and Battlefield V turn out...... i don't have time to play 3 same games no more.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Oh dude, I think you might be confusing a couple of games that aim for historical accuracy and closer to simulation with an SJW arcade shooter.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron

Hard to believe that a game that has you crawling around on your stomach for 20 minutes can be this much fun. But fun's over for now though, the "weekend beta test" should end today. Hoping it gets released soon, but talk is they said end of spring, so that should be just around the corner.
Anyway, great game so far. It feels like a combination of Red Orchestra and Forgotten Hope 2 (Fantastic Battlefield 2 mod).

Jinn

Arcane
So this was supposed to release a couple days from now (July 18th), but the developers decided they needed more time to polish it up, which is commendable that they would just admit it and postpone. However, if you pre-purchase it they are opening a beta to those who own it until the actual release day on August 9th. Finding myself very tempted to grab it, as I've been itching for some squad-based FPS action lately.

Just thought I would post this to let anyone who was interested in it know what the situation for launch is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom