Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Predict the release state of Deadfire

How will the gameplay be on release?

• Wow! Gee, POE2 sure is fun! Josh really nailed it this time! <3

Votes: 36 27.5%
  • UNPLAYABLE TRASH

Votes: 20 15.3%
  • at least story mode is b a l a n c e d

Votes: 32 24.4%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 43 32.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
People whose only criticism is to whine about "the show-don't-tell rule" have no idea about what good writing looks like.

Project: Eternity
Portrait_Ydwin_lg.png

Looks like a grandmother asked to smile seductively.
Am i the only degenerate pervert that likes this one and would like to fuck her?!:negative:
Are you sure this is female?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
game full of ugly people
Portrait_xoti_lg.png
Portrait_Ydwin_lg.png
Portrait_pallegina_lg_PoE2.png
Portrait_Mirke_lg.png
Portrait_Fessina_lg.png
Please tell me these are not the player character options. I don't want to play any of these disgusting creatures.

Companion Relationships
Skyrim

Oh boy, this is gonna be an interesting carcrash.

Looks like a grandmother asked to smile seductively.
Am i the only degenerate pervert that likes this one and would like to fuck her?!:negative:

"Her".

Quillon

Arcane
Please tell me these are not the player character options. I don't want to play any of these disgusting creatures.

What do you mean? Ofc you'll have to choose one and be her for 100+ hours cos women are the "pillars" of eternity, that's what this series was always about.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Deadfire comes out in a month and Josh is still tweaking values and putting game systems on lock.. Will they get everything sorted in time or will we have another POE1.0 on our hands? Will it be prudent to wait a year before diving in? Will multiclassing be too OP? Will wizards and ciphers suck ass?

I'm sure there will be bugs and glitches which can be fixed relatively soon after launch, but I'm more concern with the :balance: of the game at launch.. are you guys hopeful or full of despair?

The expansions will be very nice.

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Based on playing the backer beta, I think the gameplay is pretty different from the original Pillars. Based on my time playing with it it seems they're using far fewer fights, the fights are longer and more interesting and they're using the scripted events thing a lot more often, just like in the White March. Having full voice acting is going to be a bit weird too (that's not in the beta).

Despite being a backer, I'm probably going to leave it at least a month or two before trying it out properly because I just think it's not a good use of time to try playing anything on day 1 right now. Even good games can be a mess on day 1: BattleTech is a good recent example.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom