Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prelude Bugs

spork

Novice
I just downloaded P to D, and got th 1.8 and 1.9 patches, but still get the blanked out numbers on the character screen. Maybe I'm not installing the patch right, I just figured that it intalled itself. Any help would be appreciated.

spork

Novice
I did look through the rest of the forum for a similar

problem but couldn't find it. I had a problem with the megamod for FO2 as well, too ignorant to know where the folder is to save the mod, or where the lines of script to correct are...

spork

Novice
nevermind!

It seems to going now. If someone wants to delete this thread, it's probably just clutter now.

spork

Novice
Wrong number I put, probably. 1.8 then? Can't tell if I'm going to like this game. I liked the character creation, and peoples opinions seemed favorable, but the game is a little clunky. I'm liking Eschalon a little better, but it might be that I just feel claustraphobic with the camera angle in P t D, feels a little close.

Fez

Erudite
Remember the autosave is a big help when it comes to the game's frequent crashes. Persevere and you'll find a gem of a game.

Zyrxil

Scholar
Is there a way to get Mairo in Land's End to give you a second meal to deliver to the priest in the Temple, if you've already delivered the meal before starting the Rebellion quests, or is that just a known bug with no workaround?

Slylandro

Scholar
I'm pretty sure that's a bug, I think I ran into it at some point but I don't remember completely. There was another one that nabbed me-- there's some jeweler in one of the cities (the Barrier iirc) who you shouldn't help early on because he has a plot critical dialog later and if you help him, he'll always thank you when you meet him and he'll never get to the dialog.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Zyrxil said:
Is there a way to get Mairo in Land's End to give you a second meal to deliver to the priest in the Temple, if you've already delivered the meal before starting the Rebellion quests, or is that just a known bug with no workaround?

It is bug. Mention Watcher to Kalliope or use this quick and dirty fix:

open \people.txt

Edit

(!Do you need us to deliver another meal?!
(if (not (flag ^DeliveryTime^))
(sflag ^DeliveryTime^ (gettotaltime))
()
)

to

(!Do you need us to deliver another meal?!
(give ^PARTY^ ^Temple Meal^)
(if (not (flag ^DeliveryTime^))
(sflag ^DeliveryTime^ (gettotaltime))
()
)

I'm too tired to think about more correct solution.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom