Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prelude Rune

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ole-playing-ip-project-prelude-rune-announced

Square Enix has announced a new role-playing IP codenamed Project Prelude Rune. It's the first game by new Japanese team Studio Istolia, where Hideo Baba, who was producer of the Tales series of games for Namco Bandai, is in charge.

What little information there is on Project Prelude Rune comes from a Google translation of a new Studio Istolia website via Kotaku. Concept art shows a fantasy world of dragons and nature, so what looks to be a classic, magical tale. An extra piece of art from a press release, shared on Japanese site Gamer, shows a sketch of a typical battle. There are lots of wings.
Concept

jpg

jpg

My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Not a big fan of the Tales games, and that art looks very generic Square Enix concept art. I predict a dull action RPG with some polish.

Red Rogue

Learned
The second picture looks like Lunafreya from FFXV took a trip to the recently cancelled Scalebound.

It's great that new IPs are getting announced and all, but let's be real here. FFVII remake is likely coming out in 2023 at this rate, Kingdom Hearts 3 is almost certainly pushed to 2018, I'd even bet late 18.

I'd be surprised if we saw this game in the next decade.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom