Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pretti! Interface-graphics

Durwyn

Prophet
I recall from my memory, how i liked paperdolls from Might&magic VII or VIII. Maybe it sounds gay, but i really loved to equip them with things and watch how they look. Maybe some paperdoll, like the one from Ultima VII or M&M would fit. Vd you told us that item art is one of the best graphic features in AoD, so maybe use them on paperdoll?

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Elhoim said:
Yeah, the toga guy is the only Roman reference I REALLY made, and it was just a placeholder. If you see my GUIs, they are just ruined bricks, wood and marble. I don´t think that´s TOO roman.
So how is the work coming along?

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Claw said:
Elhoim said:
Yeah, the toga guy is the only Roman reference I REALLY made, and it was just a placeholder. If you see my GUIs, they are just ruined bricks, wood and marble. I don´t think that´s TOO roman.
So how is the work coming along?

Not bad. It entered a "private" fase for now. ;)

I´ll post something soon. :)

denizsi

Arcane
Where's Android, is he working under the hood as well?

I remember the time when we criticized Oblivion's inventory for having only six items visible at once, and I really find it impractical unless there will be just a few items in the game.

For a junk-collecting game that is Oblivion, it was something to be criticized indeed, for browsing through inventory items on a limited interface could become nauseating or tiresome fast, but I imagine there won't be that degree of need in AoD due to nature of the game. I don't think you'll be carrying 100+ items in it, and in such a game, such a limit on interface is perfectly comfortable in my opinion, provided that there are also sorting buttons. You probably won't be carrying 6 sets of armor, 12 sets of weapons, 70+ potions, ingredients and more useless junk.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
That´s right. I don´t think there would be fat loot in this game. This coupled with the tabs (weapons, armor, etc), in many cases the 6 slots won´t even be used.

android

Novice
denizsi said:
Where's Android, is he working under the hood as well?
I wish i was working on the UI, but I have a new freelance job from the 1st January and I barely have time to do anything else :( I hope the situation will cool down in a few weeks, but right now I can't promise anything unfortunately. I'm glad that VD chose both designs, I would really love to finish and polish the interface I did before. Btw the head that appered in the UI is mine, so I can't really pass such opportunity to have it in the game :lol:

Nedrah

Erudite
No offense to anyone, but I'd hate to see eta being pushed back because of 3rd partys.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I meant the game won't be delayed if android's interfaces are not ready.

John Yossarian

Magister
Elhoim, what's with your apostrophes? Why are they tilted like tildes and take up 3 times the space? You're driving me crazy che!

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
John Yossarian said:
Elhoim, what's with your apostrophes? Why are they tilted like tildes and take up 3 times the space? You're driving me crazy che!

:lol:

It's the spanish keyboard, those ones are easier to reach :P

There you have the smaller one ;)

Nedrah

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:

Now it sure was hard to guess that was what I meant, wasn't it?

Oh, wait, you just wanted to post something

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Nedrah said:
Vault Dweller said:

You are very perceptive. I thought that my post count was a bit on the low side.

Nedrah

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
Nedrah said:
Vault Dweller said:

You are very perceptive. I thought that my post count was a bit on the low side.

What the...

I wasn't even talking to you, but to Captain "How can it be delayed" Obvious.

I suppose I should have been more careful with making sure my quoting wouldn't be misunderstood.

VD, I'm not going to even try and flame you in what has by now basically become your living room - especially not if it's about AoD, a game I'm awaiting impatiently that coincidentally would be your work.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
On the original topic, and since we were talking in the Elhoim's character screen topic about consistency, marble, bricks, and how those came together in the main GUI, I had some ideas.

One thing that has bothered me since the begining about the main GUI is that the icons are just pasted on the brick background. So I took some ideas from the inventory/trade screens, and turned brick into marble...

Elhoim's original GUI (lacking some minor updates)
mainguioriginaltz4.jpg

My edit in the game world
mainguireduxgamegq3.jpg

How it's consistent with the trade screen
mainguireduxinventorymu2.jpg

Fez

Erudite
The caduceus needs to be in gold or something to stand out from the background a bit more.

suibhne

Erudite
I like Ismaul's icons, actually, but the weapon in hand vanishes almost completely into the dark background. It's the exact same problem with the inventory screen.

Castanova

Prophet
Why are the item icons so enormous? I can feel the carpal tunnel coming on as we speak from having to click the scroll bars so many times just to navigate through a couple items. Unfortunately, I'm assuming nothing can be done about that at this point...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom