Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pretty?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
tower04gp7.jpg

oltronix

Novice
Your light is to white! The pentagram is in large parts orange even red, reflect this in the lumination of the room and it will look much more natural.

Micmu

Magister
Very nice, love the darkness.

Too bad that christian gaming sites will now tear your game apart. :lol:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Yes.

Now work on things that matter, like the writing. :) It looks pretty enough not to give eye-cancer. Even better, actually. I am happy.

Can we get more sample music and maybe SFX?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I wouldn't say that. BG2 had stunning visuals, lovingly hand-drawn, something AoD will never attain simply because 3D is inherently uglier than 2D, sprites be praised.

That said, it still looks rather good.

Morbus

Scholar
Nice. Shadows are all, everybody should remember that. Oblivion's Engine would make it look MUCH worse. But because this one has shadows, it's awesome :)

NWN had some great shadow work too, and that's why it still looks so good, even now.

Naked Ninja

Arbiter
Hmmm, ok, a few negative comments :

- Why the pentagram? I don't have a problem with pentagrams, it just pulls away from the ancient rome feel into more of a gothic feel, for me. Is diablo about to be summoned? ;) I'd mix circles with greek symbols, like the omega symbol. Or make it up completely.

- The bulb looks like a big orange lightbulb to me. I don't really like it. A conical tube, indicating power being funnelled downwards is my personal suggestion.

- The plugged in wires makes me think this is going to be one of those "you thought it was a fantasy game but really it's lost technology, surprise!" stories. Even if it is, I still wouldn't make it look so obviously "techy". Instead of plugs, maybe glowing inlays in the floor leading to the circle (could be magic, could be a circuit board.). Or light beams focused through crystals. If you have to go plugs, make them plug into something. It looks kinda weird for them just to be attached to the floor like that.

The shadows look good though :)

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Naked Ninja said:
Hmmm, ok, a few negative comments :

- Why the pentagram? I don't have a problem with pentagrams, it just pulls away from the ancient rome feel into more of a gothic feel, for me. Is diablo about to be summoned? ;) I'd mix circles with greek symbols, like the omega symbol. Or make it up completely.
Pentagram is as old as the mankind. It was found in Sumer writings dating back to 3000 BC. It was used in ancient Greece and Rome, and it was known as Solomon's (who was known for his interest in "magic", for the lack of a better word) seal in Judea.

- The plugged in wires makes me think this is going to be one of those "you thought it was a fantasy game but really it's lost technology, surprise!" stories.
Technomagic. The setting's magic isn't "I cast fireball because I'm a wizard!". The "magic" was more of a source of energy, and that energy was used in different ways, including powering up crude machinery.

Naked Ninja

Arbiter
Pentagram is as old as the mankind. It was found in Sumer writings dating back to 3000 BC. It was used in ancient Greece and Rome, and it was known as Solomon's (who was known for his interest in "magic", for the lack of a better word) seal in Judea.

Fair enough. But everyone playing the game is viewing it from todays modern (distorted) viewpoint, and that's just the mental impression it creates for me. Gothic. It doesn't seem to fit. Just my opinion, and not really a deal breaker.

Technomagic. The setting's magic isn't "I cast fireball because I'm a wizard!". The "magic" was more of a source of energy, and that energy was used in different ways, including powering up crude machinery.

Also fair enough. But, and again it's just my person opinion, I'd still prefer beams of light bouncing through lenses or something. Wires and plugs just say conducting electricity to me.

Koby

Scholar
Vault Dweller said:

Yeah but still... just 10 seconds in google gave me these:

http://www.ancient-symbols.com/roman_symbols.html
http://altreligion.about.com/library/gl ... ymbols.htm

Besides, if everybody else uses it doesnt mean you have to too. [/nitpicking]

MetalCraze

Arcane
I like the screenie. First my thought was 3d BG2 dungeon. Yes, I know, Jasede, you can sit down and relax.

but still graphics does not interest me here mostly. I want demo.

Monolith

Prophet
Looks great. But get rid of the pentagram. Don't blame us, blame the satanists and goth tards. You can't use the swastika nowadays despite it being used some thousands of years ago in a different context than Nazis used it.

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
Vault Dweller said:

Reminds me of Secret of Mana's flying fortress (SOM is pwn btw). So where does one gather this magic? What is the magic anyway? Can it be stored like batteries hold energy, how does one produce it etc.

Pretty grafix. Kinda looks like diablo 2, only in 3d.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom