Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pretty?

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
I think this version does, though... But it doesn't look very good, IIRC.

Zetor

Arcane
zomg more bloom!!11

It (the original picture in this thread) reminded me of Irenicus' dungeon in BG2, actually... the machine that spits out all those mephits in the first room.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? You decide. :P
(good to see the game progressing, though!)

-- Z.

Nick

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Naked Ninja said:
Quick question, I'm curious. You guys do all your interior environments in Max don't you? As in, dts models, not difs?
Yep.

How you you handle the collision surfaces, I thought torque was limited to about 8 or so convex collision shapes? Have you modified the engine or have they upped that limit since last I checked?
I've heard that there is no limit for collision meshes now. Don't remember when did they implement this, in version 1.4 or 1.5. Well, I'm going to use that feature, mostly to draw dynamic shadows on all DTS objects. Since it's a g-whoring in my book, I've put it near the end of my TODO list.

For the rest of cases, like LOS checks, I use custom collision-detection code.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I have forgotten to mention that the original picture looks the best, please keep the red/orange colour theme, the blue one simply doesn't fit...

GiordanoWC

Novice
Vault Dweller said:

It's the world's most diabolic Hookah Pipe!

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
These targeted ads are freaking me out.

We're all hoping that AoD lives up to the expectations, and there is a kid and a dog praying for it at the bottom of the page.

Lumpy

Arcane
kingcomrade said:
Technomancy! So are you going to have techpriest engineers in your game?

40kTechpriest_by_IronShrineMaiden.jpg
Is that the type of Halberd that you bludgeon your enemies with? I suppose it counts as a blunt weapon.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Lumpy said:
Is that the type of Halberd that you bludgeon your enemies with? I suppose it counts as a blunt weapon.

It's obviously a chainsaw halberd!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
kingcomrade said:
That's what loremasters are for. While the understanding of the machinery is lost, the knowledge of how to operate it remained (in somewhat fucked up form).

axedice

Cipher
A little bit offtopic but how does the lore skill work? Do we get to operate machinery like that elevator or old mechanical items that we can carry?
Maybe both? Weapons like flame throwes that require lore skill to use could be intresting. With limited ammunition ofcourse.
Also can we use the skill to operate the magic channeling thing in the first picture?

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Actually we are designing a weapon that can throw ancient artifacts you find scattered around. We are thinking of calling it "The Arti-Facter".

Vault Dweller

Developer
Lore represents your "academical" knowledge: other languages, history, general literacy, theoretical knowledge of old gadgets and devices, etc.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Vault Dweller said:
kingcomrade said:
That's what loremasters are for. While the understanding of the machinery is lost, the knowledge of how to operate it remained (in somewhat fucked up form).
omg ur leik Blizzard ripping off 40k

Vault Dweller

Developer
Wait till you see our power armor. Power, of course, means arcane power.
:space marine:

Ratatosk

Educated
Divinity: Original Sin 2
It is already very nice looking scene (temple), but one extra touch could be to put some sand on the ground. Amount depending how "lost" this place might be.
Temple with sand.

Elholm said:
Here is an updated shot of the elevator:
Have you considered making some decorations on the handrails (throughout the game) ? Could be a good place for symbols and such.
Simple decorations.

Globbi

Augur
Ratatosk's work is very nice, he has a sense of bueaty. It's a proof that there is no need for next gen technology to make pretty graphics. It's even better than next gen if there is some effort put in it.
I like the new inside pic but the stairs could be a bit less simple, maybe add some handrails to the stairs also?

Vault Dweller

Developer
Ratatosk, your tweaks are amazing and add a lot to each "scene". Just want you to know that we appreciate your help and will be grateful for more suggestions.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Ratatosk said:
It is already very nice looking scene (temple), but one extra touch could be to put some sand on the ground. Amount depending how "lost" this place might be.
Temple with sand.

Elholm said:
Here is an updated shot of the elevator:
Have you considered making some decorations on the handrails (throughout the game) ? Could be a good place for symbols and such.
Simple decorations.

Good ideas for our modeler.

Alex

Arcane
About what symbol to use, I think you (obviously) should use something connected to what the pentagram does. If I understand what is happening, that pentagram is actually magically producing electricity. In this case, Jupiter's Symbol (link) could be used.

Also, I am curious. How exactly does the magic circle generates electricity? Is it conveying some kind of external energy (ley lines or what not) or is it actually creating energy out of nothing?

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Elhoim said:
What about this? :P

Hilarious! :D Please allow me to give You one piece of advice, though - retain the pentagram. :wink:
As far as Ratatosk's tweaks are concerned, such seemingly unimportant details (sand in particular) really do improve the visuals and help set the mood.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Will there be some easter eggs with radiance symbols or some guy named KC?...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom