Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pretty?

Discussion in 'Age of Decadence' started by Vault Dweller, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Claw Erudite

Claw
    Project: Eternity
    Click here and disable ads!
    Are you desperate to change the pentagram?

That new symbol is cool, Elhoim. But what's been bugging me from the start was that the number of corners doesn't correlate with four.
    denizsi's original image kinda reminds me of an octagram in the core, so I wondered if you might try something like this lame sketch of mine, but maybe with the lines intersecting rather than meeting perfectly at the corners:

[​IMG]
    ^ Top  
  2. Elhoim Developer

Elhoim
    I'll try something with the machines "plug". I don't like how they are randomly touching the symbol. I'll do something more like a "circuit" of energy...
    ^ Top  
  3. denizsi Magister

denizsi
    Here is a little something to give ideas:

[​IMG]

Diagonal lines with the "V" or "M" at the bottom is a Lucifer's sign. I made up the rest. Apart from the "V" (or "M"), I completely made up the following (complete with plug-in holes at four corners!):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ^ Top  
  4. Elhoim Developer

Elhoim
    I really like it! Do you have a high-res version?
    ^ Top  
  5. denizsi Magister

denizsi
    No. I just fired up MS Paint to make these. Should be easy to replicate though, however note that the quadrangle isn't a square but a rectangular by a little margin. I tried perfect square and it looked bad.
    ^ Top  
  6. Elhoim Developer

Elhoim
    OK, I'll finish texturing some stuff and I'll replicate it.
    ^ Top  
  7. Elhoim Developer

Elhoim
    Here it is:

[​IMG]
    ^ Top  
  8. MetalCraze Arcane

MetalCraze
    Nice.
    Your dungeons remind me of ToEE ones. Which is good.
    ^ Top  
  9. Amasius Scholar

Amasius
    Excellent work.
    ^ Top  
  10. cardtrick Arbiter

cardtrick
    That's a beautiful screenshot. Time to move on, I'd say.

EDIT: I take that back. Why is the plug in the upper left not plugged into a corner like the other three? That just looks weird.

EDIT AGAIN: Just realized that I was being dumb, and that's probably a modeling thing that you're not responsible for. I say, have the modeler change the location of that plug to match the others and then call it good for that room.
    ^ Top  
  11. Elhoim Developer

Elhoim
    Look again, there are 5 plugs. The upper left one is plugged into the corner. The one you see is the one that comes from the plasma ball in the middle. Perhaps I should give it a "plug" too.
    ^ Top  
  12. Elhoim Developer

Elhoim
    I gave the 5th plug a place to fit. I think it looks perfect now. All hail denizsi, the great symbol maker!

[​IMG]
    ^ Top  
  13. Jedi_Learner Scholar

Jedi_Learner
    [​IMG]

I'm sorry, but I don't think much of the new pentagram. I don't find the art in the middle as interesting and I don't like how the new lines block the symbols (blue arrows). If you're keeping the new design, have you thought about putting the symbols above the new lines, or making the lines thinner or lighter? I like what you did with the connectors though, so please don't think I'm nit-picking.

Edit: I still think the original is better!
    ^ Top  
  14. Lumpy Arcane

Lumpy
    Oh, for fuck's sake. Probably nobody outside of this thread is even going to notice the pattern of the symbol. The latest version is awesome, and there's no need to spend another 5 pages improving it.
    ^ Top  
  15. denizsi Magister

denizsi
    It doesn't look quite like what I imagined though. You certainly picked the most intricate version with the most lines. Excellent work nonetheless! The middle looks blank. I knew that before posting the images here, but couldn't come up with something nice myself. A five leaf rose motif perhaps, to break the angularity? Thinking again, does it have to be filled?

Let's just call it sign; neither are pentagrams. Smaller symbols in the rim are indeed actually clear in the older one, but the unclear and somewhat intricate look in the new one adds to the "circuitry" feeling, in my opinion. The old one feels "mystic" to my 20th century eyes, while the other more like devised with certainties. I don't know if that makes sense. That doesn't mean either are better, though.

How about 3, just 3 more pages?
    ^ Top  
  16. Jedi_Learner Scholar

Jedi_Learner
    Come on Lumpy, we can discuss this without resorting to foul and unnecessary language, yes?
    ^ Top  
  17. cardtrick Arbiter

cardtrick
    Oh, I feel dumb. Now that you point it out, I can definitely see the fifth plug. Still, I like the newest revision better. It's great! Seriously, now's the time to smile at a job well done and move on to something else.
    ^ Top  
  18. John Yossarian Savant

John Yossarian
    No les hagas caso che. Sigue con las texturas y acaben el puto juego.
    ^ Top  
  19. Elhoim Developer

Elhoim
    :lol:

Almost perfect argentine! Change "sigue" with "seguí" and you are a complete "argento"!
    ^ Top  
  20. Elhoim Developer

Elhoim
    @denizsi: The center looks fine as it is, IMHO.

@Jedi_Learner: Yeah, I agree the runes where nice to see, but I like the added complexity of the new design. It makes it look more mysterious. I think it looks good enough, and I really don't want to play more with it. :)
    ^ Top  
  21. axedice Educated

axedice
    Denizsi hocam çok güzel olmuş son koyduğun resimler. Rünlerden iyidir her türlü hehe ;)

Anyway, nice work Elhoim. The nordic runes just didnt fit, and I think small details such as these create a lot of diffrence for those who notice them in game. But I tend to agree, lets move on to another pretty. Show us what you have been up to lately :)
    ^ Top  
  22. Elhoim Developer

Elhoim
    Well, it's a surprise. I think I can't show it. :)
    ^ Top  
  23. aweigh Cipher Queued

aweigh
    is it true argentines don't consider themselves latinos
    ^ Top  
  24. Starwars Savant

Starwars
    Just get the HIM heartagram in there and be done with it. :P
    ^ Top  
  25. Elhoim Developer

Elhoim
    Well, we are not very similar to your common "latino", which usually evokes the image of a more central american person. Argentines have more in common with europeans, since the 90% of the country at the beggining of the century was composed by recently arrived inmigrants from Spain and Italy.

According to many argentines, this is the real position of the country :P

[​IMG]
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above links helps us pay the hosting bills)