Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prey 2 by Arkane - not cancelled after all?

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Yes. It is not like Prey 2 had anything to do with Prey in its concept, this is hardly a loss.

Except, of course, for anyone who got fired in that mess.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Not surprising news, after The Evil Within, Elder Scrolls Online and Wolfenstein Bethesda must be licking the wounds.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thread title is misleading. It's no longer Prey 2, but the game itself is quite possibly NOT cancelled.

Last edited:

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Human Head's Prey 2 is cancelled. This bears no importance to whatever Arkane is working on.

From what I've seen of HH's Prey 2: It looked promising. Emphasize on "look". Could have still turned out to be underwhelming uninspired shooter garbage.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Thread is kind of pointless -- vague rumors of a developer working on something and the only thing we know is that it's not Prey 2.

Machocruz

Arcane
Not surprising news, after The Evil Within, Elder Scrolls Online and Wolfenstein Bethesda must be licking the wounds.
TEW and Wolfenstein flopped? INCONCEIVABLE! All the game sites told me these were going to be a big deal. I hope they follow up with articles blaming the consumer for this.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:necro:

Jason Schreier (who broke the Prey 2 story) heard Arkane's Prey 2 will be announced at E3: http://kotaku.com/all-i-ve-heard-is-that-they-re-announcing-it-at-e3-i-m-1775800079

All I’ve heard is that they’re announcing it at E3! I’m not 100% sure, though. I do know it’s codenamed Danielle and under development at Arkane Austin. And this is a totally new Prey 2 (it might even be called something else now), not the one we saw in 2011 from Human Head. More here: http://kotaku.com/leaked-e-mails...

Last edited:

Siel

Arcane
Patron
:necro:

Jason Schreier (who broke the Prey 2 story) heard Arkane's Prey 2 will be announced at E3: http://kotaku.com/all-i-ve-heard-is-that-they-re-announcing-it-at-e3-i-m-1775800079

All I’ve heard is that they’re announcing it at E3! I’m not 100% sure, though. I do know it’s codenamed Danielle and under development at Arkane Austin. And this is a totally new Prey 2 (it might even be called something else now), not the one we saw in 2011 from Human Head. More here: http://kotaku.com/leaked-e-mails...

Also :

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Not interested unless it's the one from Human Head. That one looked pretty interesting.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Yeah I'm pretty certain it's a spiritual successor to Shock 3. Raph/Arkane have been rumored to work on a real Shock 3 between 2007-2009 until EA pulled the plug. Wouldn't be surprised if many of his ideas went into this new project.

Warren Spector will shit his diapers when this gets announced.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If the reports about "Prey 2" are correct, both games are being developed in Austin, too. That could get awkward.

But I can't imagine Spector didn't know about this beforehand.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Knowing Arkane, it's gonna be an action game in essence, with System Shock-esque customization mechanics integrated into it tightly. Retards are gonna cry "But thius ain't system sHock!!11" and Raf will just have to shrug and watch how Prey 2 sells millions of copies.

Increasing

Plant
Advertising plant
PC gamers already whined due to Dishonored not being enough like original Thief games, so that honestly wouldn't surprise me. If there is no previous game (or if that game is mostly forgotten as is the case with first Prey) to compare to and claim its superiority over the new one, usual suspects will switch to overblown comparisons with game or games that presented a major inspiration.

We still don't know what degree of RPG elements and customization this game will offer, but it will be funny to point out existence of first System Shock to those that might whine about Prey 2's RPG elements being less complex than those from System Shock 2.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I think you may have missed the loads of people on here who say Dishonored is a crappy Thief clone for some reason.

Oh yeah, those people. Complaining that action/stealth hybrid Deus Ex-like with superpowers is too much unlike Thief. Always made sense.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom