Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wadjet Eye Primordia - A Point and Click Adventure - Now Available

Victor Pflug

Wormwood Studios
Developer
https://www.primordia-game.com

https://af.gog.com/game/primordia?as=1649904300

This has been in production for some time now, I thought it was about time to formally announce it.
After my first attempt at making a proper adventure game (Homunculi) failed miserably due to a lack of planning (And my utter suckage at writing), I decided to get a team together and start again from scratch. The result is;

PRIMORDIA
A Point and Click Adventure

Ages have passed since legendary Man walked the planet. Now, in the desolate wastelands beyond the city of Metropol, an android named Horatio jealousy guards his freedom, independence and of course his only companion, a small floater robot. The duo's only means of survival are lost when a marauding foe steals his power source, forcing Horatio to leave the safety of his home and set out on a perilous journey into the wastes- and into his own mysterious past.

67339113.jpg

Horatio: You know, I always wanted to be able to fly. It just felt . . . right. That’s why I built you with a mag-lev unit.

Crispin: Not so that you could store tools on hard-to-reach ledges?

Horatio: Well, that too.

Primordia is a traditional Point and Click adventure, to be released sometime before april 2011 as freeware.

Features include;

• Immersive storyline
    Beautifully scored
    Lushly illustrated graphics
    Fully voiced, engaging characters
    Fluid animations
    Intricate game world filled with curiosities

Production has been moving at quite a pace for the past few months. Working with writer Mark Yohalem (Writer for commercial titles such as Heroes of Newerth, Savage 2, Kohan II, and Axis & Allies, along with numerous other things.) and composer m0ds (Scored more games than one might think possible, Trilby's Notes, Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth, Murphy's Salvage just to name a few) continues to be totally awesome, it's been really great to bounce the creativity back and forth, these guys just keep amazing me with thier incredible work- I've really had to change gears graphics wise to try and make the visuals match coolness with everything else.
A stable of fantastic voice actors is icing on the cake, although this is the one aspect of Primordia that is still in the early stages of development, everything else- story, script, puzzles, music, graphics, programming is all at around the 50% - 60% completed mark, with an exhaustive design document and concept art ready to direct the remaining portion.

For more info, concept art, or to pre-order a hard copy and donate, check out our website

http://www.primordia-game.com/

"First, in thy infancy, in a mad confusion, denouncing the shrine as a weapon once turned against thee. Later, thou returnedst, penitent, and I taught thee the mysteries of Humanism." - E.F.L

Last edited by a moderator:

lightbane

Arcane
Looks good, will it feature tasteful tentacle-rape some sort of unique gimmick/s?i

Victor Pflug

Wormwood Studios
Developer
lightbane said:
Looks good, will it feature tasteful tentacle-rape some sort of unique gimmick/s?i

No gimmicks, just solid adventure gaming with a strong emphasis on fundamentals like story, music, graphics and puzzles etc. I'd also like to think the setting, characters and atmosphere are somewhat more unique and elaborate than the usual point and click fare.

Me inglish not good, but want to give you many props. The back of the ground is are fantastical. Robots is cool when sad and when heros of the game.

RatFink

Educated
beautiful!

it does sound interesting! and i like that tidbit about the flying engine he built into his robot :salute:

Victor Pflug

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Thanks Jaesun and Shagnak, I have and I will do respectively! (Fucking webites, paint I can but site design I cannot)

Victor Pflug

Wormwood Studios
Developer
clockradiospeakers said:
Looks damned good. Any idea on the length of the game at this point?

It's a relatively medium length game, somewhere between 30 - 60 screens to explore. I guess didn't mention this as we're considering having multiple endings and adding a bunch of extra puzzles, so in a way it's still up in the air.

Seolas

Liturgist
Looks great, always up for a good point 'n' click adventure and can't wait to play it. Keep us updated. :)

FaChoi

Educated
Victor Pflug said:
clockradiospeakers said:
Looks damned good. Any idea on the length of the game at this point?

It's a relatively medium length game, somewhere between 30 - 60 screens to explore. I guess didn't mention this as we're considering having multiple endings and adding a bunch of extra puzzles, so in a way it's still up in the air.

Victor Pflug said:
before 2011

3 months to go and havent decided on endings? I'd hate to see the awesome artwork be wasted on a story with a rushed ending. Or is the writing pretty solid with just some flavour to add if you go the multiple ended route?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Looks fucking fantastic.

In the top-right part of the interface (load/save etc) I'd personally go with just icons (with eventual tooltip text explaining what each button does) because it looks a little cluttered now.

Victor Pflug

Wormwood Studios
Developer
FaChoi said:
3 months to go and havent decided on endings? I'd hate to see the awesome artwork be wasted on a story with a rushed ending. Or is the writing pretty solid with just some flavour to add if you go the multiple ended route?

The writing is all solid, and an ending is decided, it's just that we may add extra stuff.

@Zed When you hit the options button a UI appears with clearer buttons for save, load, quit etc. The buttons pictured are just for convenience(Although I guess hotkeys would be better), plus they highlight when you hover with the cursor- making them easier to read.

soggie

Educated
I don't mind paying for this. Stop teasing and release it already!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
soggie said:
I don't mind paying for this. Stop teasing and release it already!

I wouldn't mind paying for it as well (if that is what they intend to do). But don't rush it.

Quilty

Magister
The artwork is really impressive. However, I think the black circle on one of the pictures (a shadow?) is a little too stark. Maybe make it somewhat transparent, in case that's a shadow.

Care to share some details on your painting process, the tools you use, the software? It reminds me a lot of those Discworld covers, I can't remember the name of the artist...

It'd be great if you could turn this into a developer diary, maybe even include some notes (in written or spoken form) like they did with the Blackwell games.

Also, what engine are you using? AGS?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom