Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wadjet Eye Primordia - A Point and Click Adventure - Now Available

Beastro

Arcane
I don't know that BASS was really the inspiration for that; almost all of its inspiration was on the art side, though I'm sure I subconsciously pilfered stuff, too.

The general plot of both are: Protagonist and his snarky side kick live in something of a wasteland enjoying their isolated lives until an outside hostile figure enters their world and wrecks it. This forces them to journey to the technologically sophisticated city from whence that secondary antagonist came from that is close to, but still far enough away from their home to be be unknown to them. Said city slowly falling to pieces and the protagonist finds themselves fighting the overruling AI that controls it with an iron grip which is the entire reason for why things are going to hell.

Not that the parallels are bad, they show how different in quality anything can be while retaining the same premise. Primodia does a wonderful job of presenting a interesting story and conflict while remaining both dark and light hearted and full of humour, while BASS is you're typical freedom fighters struggling against a Fascist state. The games British humour is what makes it endearing and enjoyable and only that, at least to me.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I dont really want a sequel to primordia. The gaem is great, near perfect and inclusive. It should stay like that. I could alwats replay it (the length is really replay friendly)

but a new adventure WEG style from mark and team woukd be most welcome.

After fallen gods maybe ;)

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Beastro Yeah, there are definitely similarities with BASS (most of which came from the basic premise that Vic supplied). Machinarium has a similar structure, and it's more likely I was mimicking Machinarium than BASS (whereas Vic was probably mimicking BASS, although his initial outline of the story involved rescuing a kidnapped robo-princess, and isn't that how Machinarium starts?).

HoboForEternity If we make another adventure, I promise it won't be a Primordia sequel. :)

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Machinarium starts by the protagonist being thrown out of the robot city, into a dumpster, so not exactly the same, but the themes of entering the city and getting to know it and its denizens are similar.

Beastro

Arcane
I dont really want a sequel to primordia. The gaem is great, near perfect and inclusive. It should stay like that. I could alwats replay it (the length is really replay friendly)

but a new adventure WEG style from mark and team woukd be most welcome.

After fallen gods maybe ;)

Same.

As much as I'd want to see more of the world its in, and the humour, there are very real reasons why it's best leaving people wanting more and one of them is that longing for more going unfufilled makes good games appreciated all the more.

To keep good games good and not wear the premise out, and so retroactively spoil the older games, is something both fans and the developer need to do more, and is very rare nowadays. I think one of the silver linings of many brilliant, but unsuccessful companies like Troika, is that their failures enforces that situation and their games are treasures because circumstance prevents more from being made despite both fans and devs wanting them to be.

Something many don't realize is that the areas left untouched in games (and all function really), that tease our curiosity and drive us nuts wanting to know more should be left unknown, because exploring them 99% of the time results in things either being ruined over very underwhelming.

I recall my older brother renting the Star Wars movies to show me and seeing how fascinated he was, him and his friends speculating about the Republic as Obi Wan tells Luke about it in the beginning of ANH and how full of expectation he was to finally see a glimpse of that state in a Phantom Menace when he later took me to see it. None of that emotive quality exists in Star Wars anymore. Everything is all laid out bare for you to read on Wookpedia nowadays, how the only way the premise can create mystery and wonder is to dump whole sections of established story and create anew with a different canvas, as we've seen with TFA. Lore which is itself becoming a letdown because it's presented by people wanting to milk others for money and leave their expectations run dry as a result.

I think it's telling how much people eat up TFA trailer because of all the mystery is conjured up, something the movie couldn't deliver on and failed miserably to given who is in control of the franchises creative processes, both Disney and people like Abrams.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Has it really been six years since Primordia first went public?

Yeesh.

There have been quite a few decent-to-good adventure games released this century, but Primordia still holds the crown for feeling like a genuine classic adventure from the 1990s while still being a fresh concept.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Greatest Primordia review of all time just went up on Steam:
This was a difficult game to get into, but the story line made it worth it to keep going. It's a similar playstyle to games such as Spy Fox/Freddie Fish/Putt Putt but harder. This is not a game that you play for the graphics. Don't be afraid to google hints for when you're stuck.
o.O

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
For sure it's closer to Putt Putt than to Gone Home or The Walking Dead.
These ones were better, though :
jardinmaxmagique_04.jpg
dragordragon_07.jpg

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Two bucks on Steam! Experience the long-awaited spiritual successor to Freddie Fish! Try it with an X-Box controller to transform it into a spiritual successor to Planescape: Torment! Squint slightly and transform it into a direct recreation of Beneath a Steel Sky! There's something here for everyone!

And, while there, consider nominating us for the Steam Awards, whatever they are. Putin demands your vote!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/227000/

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Two bucks on Steam! Experience the long-awaited spiritual successor to Freddie Fish! Try it with an X-Box controller to transform it into a spiritual successor to Planescape: Torment! Squint slightly and transform it into a direct recreation of Beneath a Steel Sky! There's something here for everyone!

And, while there, consider nominating us for the Steam Awards, whatever they are. Putin demands your vote!

:russia:

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
While I am willing to electioneer to the point of telling people to vote, I can't bring myself to propose a particular category. :/

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Primordia won the AdventureDex head-to-head against Tormentum. What greater prize could any developer seek?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

nominated it for "i thin the game was cool before it won an award" category

i would say best use of farm animals, but crispin isn't exactly your average farm animal

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I want to help out, but these categories are stupid and make me angry.

2bGd01p.png

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I did the same thing. My other choice for this category was Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death, but I nominated that one to the "Whoa dude!" category instead.

I also gifted the game to Matt Barton (during previous sale), but he did not get around to play and review it yet.

Last edited:

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I did the same thing. My other choice for this category was Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death, but I nominated that one to the "Whoa dude!" category instead.

I also gifted the game to Matt Barton (during previous sale), but he did not get around to play and review it yet.
I nominated it for the same category before you losers even started posting about it. Clearly I am the most hip.

Finally got around to playing this (great game!), just went through the legal problem in Metropol.

Question 2 is a little strange; how can we from the premises arrive to the 'right' answer (I bruteforced through)? If the premises are:

- seven robots in total
- each robot has one of two suits - factorbuilt or sturnweilerbuilt (F, S)
- each robot has either a quad core, a linear-type or a multiplex processor (Q, L, M)
- there are more factorbuilt than sturnweilerbuilts (or F>S)
possible proportions are:
6 to 1
5 to 2
4 to 3

every linear robot was built by factor - there can't be linear sturnweiler bots
sturnweilerbuilts are never quad-cores

- from which follows, sturnweiler bots always have multiplex processors

the formal question, as stated in the game is:

if exactly two factorbuilt robots have the same type of processor architecture, which of the following must be true?

1. one of seven robots has a quad-core processor
2. two of the seven robots have linear-type processor
3. three of the seven robots were built by sturnweiler
4. four of the seven robots have multiplex processors
5. five of the seven robots were built by factor

How can you falsify the following distributions from the initial premises (which would all contradict the statement):

MMQQQ
MM

or

QQMMM
MM

or

LLQQQ
MM

or indeed

LLQQQQ
M

QQLLLL
M

etc.

What am I missing?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom