Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Princess Maker series on Steam

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://techraptor.net/content/princess-maker-2-refine-remaster

Princess Maker 2 Refine Getting First English Release on PC

Princess-Maker-2-Refine-head-676x507.png

In 1993, Gainax, the studio better known for its animation work such as Neon Genesis Evangelion, released the second in their Princess Maker series. Originally planned to have an English release, that ran into some issues and was cancelled, condemning it and the rest of the series to follow to never get an official translation. While some fan translations were done, the series never officially made it to the West, not even when the title got a remaster in 2004 with Princess Maker 2 Refine. However, this is 2016, and that means that this classic game is getting an updated release on PC and an official English translation.

In Princess Maker 2 Refine you play the role of a father who has to raise a princess who was bestowed on him from heaven. You were chosen because your previous actions had led to the defeat of an army of devils that had invaded the land, and now for the next eight years, you will raise the princess from the age of 10 to the age of 18. Each month in the game you set up a schedule for her, which will impact what skills she trains from things like etiquette classes to part-time jobs to learn about the real world, all the way to swordsmanship. You must also be careful of her status and make sure she isn’t overworked or ends up sick, because when you anger a deity about how their child is treated they may just decide on some divine punishment.

There are over 70 different endings in Princess Maker 2 Refine, and while your goal is to end up with a princess, that isn’t the only place she could end up going. As this is the Refine version of Princess Maker 2, the game will feature full Japanese voice overs. Beyond English and Japanese, it will also be out in Korean, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese.

The Steam version will support modern resolutions and will have your usual Steam conveniences such as trading cards and achievements. Princess Maker 2 Refine comes out on PC in October and will be $19.99 on launch with a discount for pre-orders bringing it down to $14.99.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
October 3rd, it is.

Korean publisher CFK is bringing Princess Maker 2 Refine, n updated version of the life simulation game first released in 1993 by Japanese developer Gainax, to PC via Steam in English on October 3 for $19.99, the company announced. Pre-orders will begin on September 26 and include a 20 percent discount.

The Refine edition includes full color graphics and art design, compared to the 16 colors of the original game, and full Japanese voice overs for all in-game characters, including not just the princess, but the butler Cube, too. Steam Achievements and Trading Cards have also been implemented.

http://gematsu.com/2016/09/princess-maker-2-refine-coming-pc-via-steam-english-october-3

kris

Arcane
Can you marry your own princess?
IIRC you can, but that's kinda like slacker mode, when your adopted daughter can't succeed at anything else. I can remember wrong though, I've played it ages ago.

I believe you needed quite a bit in charm and her morals should be high. It would also be superceeded by the more presitigious marriages, like prince/king/dragon.

Tick Tock Crocodile

Can you marry your own princess?

I never played the Refine version (prefer the art in the original), but assuming not too much has changed: in PM2 you basically just have to raise her love for you to max and take care of her when she's sick. Stats don't come into it much -- you need a tiny bit of CHA (like 100+) and not too much sin in order for any marriage candidate to accept her (with the exception of Lucifon on the latter bit). Because players who know what they're doing won't let her get sick and people who don't know what they're doing generally won't raise affection to max, and also because the marriage is superseded by marrying the Prince, Dragon Youth and probably also Cube, it's pretty difficult to get that kind of ending unless you're aiming specifically for it.

deuxhero

Arcane
We can embed Steam store pages now?

trientic
Interesting. How are the later games in the series on nudity (as the publisher said they wanted to do them all)?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
So they ditched the pre-order plan, and moved up the release date from October to tomorrow.

I guess they didn't know that Valve doesn't allow pre-order for a publisher's first Steam release.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Fucketh me!

Refine version still has some bits of nudity here and there, like the wood sprite or Olive swimming naked inthe sea, but those are very rare and tame. I wonder if the Steam version kept those.

Last edited:

Deitti

Augur
To those of you who care, Steam version is pretty much the same as the Refine version from 2004 so whatever was removed from that is removed from this one aswell.

Basically mad eddy and debug mode are gone so no more cheating or stuff like undress and endless breast pills.

All the endings are still there.

The only nudity removed from the game vs the original japanese version is couple of vacation pictures that had see through(or rather wet) dresses. Rest of them are still there like rest of the vacation pictures and the nude ending scenes.

adrix89

Cipher
Why are there so many of my country here?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:necro:

Refine edition of the first game is coming this month: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/02/08/princess-maker-refine-february-release/

Publishers CFK say that Princess Maker Refine will arrive “mid-February”, which is quite vague for a period so close. It’ll cost $9.99. I believe this is an updated version of the Princess Maker Refine released in 2004, coming with an official translation (not 100% on that, mind). While many games in the series have fan translations, I’m glad we’re getting proper updated re-releases.

[...]

CFK have also announced on Facebook that “there are some additional contents coming to PM2 Refine as well.”

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom