Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prisonscape - a prison RPG

PekkaK

Heaviest Matter
Developer
Whats with the monsters at the end? Is the main character Jackie Estacado? is this the darkness rpg i have been promised by the voices under my bed?

Seeing monsters while being shot isn't normal. But on meth it is.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Whats with the monsters at the end? Is the main character Jackie Estacado? is this the darkness rpg i have been promised by the voices under my bed?

13238.jpg

Also backed. :salute: Good luck!

PekkaK

Heaviest Matter
Developer

GlutenBurger

Cipher

I hope the developers try out meth for themselves, to test new gameplay possibilities.

I'm more of a shroom person myself, but never say never!

Sounds like you found your $55000 stretch goal.

Promise to have your PR guy spring for a comb at $60000 and I'll increase my pledge.

PekkaK

Heaviest Matter
Developer

I hope the developers try out meth for themselves, to test new gameplay possibilities.

Promise to have your PR guy spring for a comb at $60000 and I'll increase my pledge.

That's one expensive comb...

Then for $100 000 one of us has to actually commit a crime and go to prison? You know, for research.

anus_pounder

Arcane

That's one expensive comb...

Then for $100 000 one of us has to actually commit a crime and go to prison? You know, for research.

:thumbsup: I'm ok with this.

PekkaK

Heaviest Matter
Developer
Gameplay vids have been requested many times, so here's a little video we did about crafting:

Will there be tattoos? I was just reading about symbolism of prison tattoos. Interesting stuff.

PekkaK

Heaviest Matter
Developer
Interesting project, hope you guys will make it !

As a side note, have you watched the series Oz ? Might provide some extra inspiration if needed.

I've seen Oz like... 3 times. It's one of my favorite shows with The Wire.

Sodomy should feature heavily

There will be some. It's a prison, after all.

Will there be tattoos? I was just reading about symbolism of prison tattoos. Interesting stuff.

We talked about tattoos long time ago. I think it would be kinda cool if the character could get some gang tattoos after being a member for a while, but I'm not sure if this will make into the game. Definitely maybe.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You've really got to be explicit in mentioning that the supernatural things is your character tripping, I think.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Eurogamer wrote a short article about our Kickstarter, it seems that the writer didn't like our idea...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...uncompromising-rpg-prisonscape-on-kickstarter

Fuck those mainland degenerates, they have a Portuguese version of their site, thats the only thing you need to know about them.

Your game is unique, it looks awesome and from the gameplay videos it seems to be well executed. I love games based around the concept of prison life, Butcher Bay sadly was the last good effort in that regard.

Best of luck, you have my backing since day one.

Last edited:

PekkaK

Heaviest Matter
Developer
You've really got to be explicit in mentioning that the supernatural things is your character tripping, I think.

Yeah, we do. I think we'll have to make a gameplay vid where it's shown better. We'll post an update that'll have a video about the quest system in the game today or tomorrow.

Xeon

Augur
If there is a demo, maybe ask YouTubers with high viewership to showcase it, Brother None said Total Biscuit does not do Kickstarter or Early Access videos anymore but it doesn't hurts to still ask him I think or maybe ask Jesse Cox since Larian linked to his videos a few times in their updates.

Maybe pick something YouTube material as your demo if its not too much trouble, Most viewers are kind of retarded so anything comedy or funny might get them interested more. Supper BunnyHop said in his review of Goat Sim that it was made into a game and became popular just because PewDiePie made comment that he wanted to play it or something.

PekkaK

Heaviest Matter
Developer
If there is a demo, maybe ask YouTubers with high viewership to showcase it, Brother None said Total Biscuit does not do Kickstarter or Early Access videos anymore but it doesn't hurts to still ask him I think or maybe ask Jesse Cox since Larian linked to his videos a few times in their updates.

Maybe pick something YouTube material as your demo if its not too much trouble, Most viewers are kind of retarded so anything comedy or funny might get them interested more. Supper BunnyHop said in his review of Goat Sim that it was made into a game and became popular just because PewDiePie made comment that he wanted to play it or something.

We talked about this with Tuomas (the programmer) and decided against it. They could have been a great help, but we feel that the game is not yet polished enough to give it out for LPers. It's a shame, as they are usually great promotion for these campaigns.

PekkaK

Heaviest Matter
Developer
We added a simple example of how job (quest) branching works. Just a reminder, this is still quite early alpha so the dialogue options are not very rich, but we're working on them.

Hope you enjoy it, and any feedback is appreciated.

PekkaK

Heaviest Matter
Developer
We're at 10k / 20% on KS, we really have to step up our game if we want to make the goal. Greenlight is going REALLY well, we're at 81% to Top 100 now, here's some statistics for those interested:

yYn7f6s.png

It seems that we'll be able to get the game on Steam at some point, which is great for business (I suppose). To be honest I'm getting pretty tired promoting the campaign, I'd just like to make the goddamn game already...

veryalien

Educated
Patron
Codex 2014
You need to get this game on the front page of some gaming blogs/news sites.

I know it has not been easy.

PekkaK

Heaviest Matter
Developer

Yeah that's definitely the biggest problem - none of the bigger sites seem to be interested in the game. Maybe the game is just too niche or the graphics aren't appealing enough or the idea is boring. One can only guess.

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath

Yeah that's definitely the biggest problem - none of the bigger sites seem to be interested in the game. Maybe the game is just too niche or the graphics aren't appealing enough or the idea is boring. One can only guess.
If I had to wager a guess, i'd probably say it's the graphics. Pixel art stuff is really a niche in this day and age. Either that or the fact that prison levels in video games aren't very well liked, as far as I'm aware. They're the levels where weapons, abilities, etc. gets taken away from the player, and players don't like to feel that sense of de-empowerment, probably. Especially considering that prison levels are usually tightly constrictive in terms of player choice and freedom of action (almost like being in prison! :shock:).

That's just speculation on my part. I actually like prison levels.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Aesthetically, it kind of looks like an RPGmaker game. People probably look at it and wonder why an RPGMaker game is looking for 50k. Have to say that I wondered the same, despite an interest in the subject matter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom