Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Proest Pathfinder builds

Johannes

Arcane
Asking for a friend. They're starting a Pathfinder campaign and she really wants to impress the DM with a strong character who needs no man. Basically the goal is to have maximum amount of combat power, most importantly at low- and mid-levels.

So which classes are the best, what do the best professionals use? What's the build, how do I use it for max power, and what kind of equipment is needed/recommended? At what levels would a build have the least impressive performance compared to shit normie builds?

And if I happened to join her what would be a gud combo of classes that cover each other's weaknesses to make sure we can reliably protect the roleplayer faggots in the party? I have a hunch the other players will really be shit so we really need to carry their weight in battle too.

Any help appreciated!

Dayyālu

Arcane
Archers are freakin' good in Pathfinder. Noob-friendly too.

Get a composite longbow and a archer base (many classes work, from fighter to ranger to Paladin, yes, Paladin).

Basics are Point-Blank shot, Rapid shot and Precise Shot to maximize firepower and avoid maluses. Get then Deadly Aim for flexibility and Deadly Aim next to minimize DR. Rangers and Warriors can get even more broken builds from Weapon Specialization. Specific arrow types can be employed to counter foes with little fuss.

That will work until lv 7-8, when magic users will start to become utterly broken but that's how 3.5 derivatives work.

And if I happened to join her what would be a gud combo of classes that cover each other's weaknesses to make sure we can reliably protect the roleplayer faggots in the party? I have a hunch the other players will really be shit so we really need to carry their weight in battle too.

Go Cleric or Druid, classical. They can do everything other classes can do, only better. Both cover CC combat , spells and healing, and have a shitton of useful abilities and archetypes. Furthermore, they work well with archers if specced in close combat.

overtenemy

Augur
Strange that the summoner hasn't been mentioned. I don't feel like typing a very long post so I'll skip over the normal summoner (which is very broken, I assure you) and skip to the dumbest shit in the game: master summoner. Basically, you get summon monster as a spell like appropriate to your level (I at level 1, II at level 3, etc, up to GATE) that lasts one minute per level and only uses a standard action. You get 5 usages + your charisma modifier. That's far more spells than a normal caster could really hope to have. The one limiting factor the NORMAL summoner has on this horseshit is that you can only have one such summon active at a time - a new summon cancels the old, and even THAT allows for comical cheese. But master summoner has no such restriction: you can have as many as you please active at once.

I shit you not, at level 5 a master summoner with 18 charisma could summon 9 creatures from the level III list, or 9d18 + 9 from the level II, all at a MINUTE per level, all at once, separated, whatever. It's heinous and requires nothing outside of the most basic of summon feating. Oh and in addition to that, they're 6 level arcane spellcasters.

For breadth of ability (if that's what you want) you always go wizard or cleric, but for brute force and inability to really fuck up, master summoner. Your GM will probably hate you though.

Edit: Wow, didn't check the date. Thanks based necro.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
race: human
alignment: LN
class: hamatulatsu master (monk)
deity: green faith (favored weapon: druidic weapons)
trait: heirloom weapon (proficiency: scythe)
human feat: believer's boon (swamp domain)
monk bonus feat: weapon focus (scythe)
1st feat: crusader's flurry

And there you go, you can flurry with a scythe at level 1. Why? Why not. We like rolling lots of dice. Don't blame me if the DM blows a gasket. You want munchkin, you get munchkin. Where you take the build from here is entirely up to you (or your friend.)

dh4fBsnjW8RUVDEO8s8fK4Im-VToJPOig-_pGvfqo30FjDZDiz0kZbXeoOt7zSm_9zZiQ-3eUWPmYn8=w1024-h668
  1. Why the fuck bump a thread from January?
  2. Heirloom Weapon is shit.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
My current group's pretty good actually. Reasonable enough for me to balance around, but they aren't weak so I've got some leg room.
Half Orc Inquisitor for tanking and damage dealing in melee
Zen Archer for... Zen Archer (too deflect missiles so I can't fucking hit him at range and can't provoke AOO by using a bow)
Witch for debuffs (Gravewalker archetype for control of undead)
Mage for magic.
Cleric for cleric and stabby stabs when inquisitor fails.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom