Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Project Temple+ * RELEASED *

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
And where is this FAQ you speak of?

Searched for about 10 minutes the wiki and the moddb project and see no FAQ. Can you provide a link please?

Could be usefull if you add that to the articles section in moddb.

Thanks.
On this forum.

How to restore the correct challenge rating? Do I just install Co8+temple?
Yes. Co8 features an overhaul of creature definitions to be more compliant with the rules in that regard.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Working on Subraces now. My goal is roughly to implement the ones available in IWD2. Naturally I've started with...

upload_2018-3-24_23-52-28.png

upload_2018-3-24_23-52-36.png

upload_2018-3-24_23-52-50.png

I think it should be possible to implement monstrous PCs as well, although they won't reflect worn armor.

At any rate I've done my "programmer art" attempt at Drow textures, but I can't say I'm very happy with it. Also there's a lot of armors that show skin, so they need a special texture version too. I'd be overjoyed if anyone with an artistic bent took a stab at it ;);)

Risewild

Arbiter
I had no idea that this project existed. I always thought ToEE needed more love.
So, thanks for your hard work! :salute:

I don't know a thing about modding ToEE, what format are the texture files and what does one need to edit or create new textures for it?

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I had no idea that this project existed. I always thought ToEE needed more love.

I don't know a thing about modding ToEE, what format are the texture files and what does one need to edit or create new textures for it?
TGA files. You can extract the existing files (see the Tools thread) and edit the elf textures under art/meshes/PCs.

Risewild

Arbiter

TGA files. You can extract the existing files (see the Tools thread) and edit the elf textures under art/meshes/PCs.
I installed ToEE and installed Project Temple+. I also got the TioTools to see if I can do any texture work.
This was what I managed to quickly do:
P0UXLwh.jpg

TUooVrc.jpg

So thanks to nice instructions (and tools) on how to unpack and override the files. I think I can do some texture work on this. If you need help from someone (and can't get anyone better) I would be happy to be of assistance. :D

Sitra Achara

Arcane

I installed ToEE and installed Project Temple+. I also got the TioTools to see if I can do any texture work.
This was what I managed to quickly do:
P0UXLwh.jpg

TUooVrc.jpg

So thanks to nice instructions (and tools) on how to unpack and override the files. I think I can do some texture work on this. If you need help from someone (and can't get anyone better) I would be happy to be of assistance. :D
Cool! Thanks.

The trouble with Drow is that some armor skins have racial variations (for skin tone), since it doesn't work as an overlay on top of the skin texture but rather as a replacement. Mostly for armors that have some skin showing through, like the farmers garb and bikini chainmails.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Added a feature for another pet peeve of mine: a Next button for the looting UI. Will cycle through nearby corpses, saving you some tedious pixel hunting.

LootNext.jpg

Also added Aasimar and Duergar subraces, as well as Hill Giant race.

Last edited:

Deathmiester

Novice
Thank You So Much Sitra Achara the prc pack for neverwinter nights was quite good but Temple Of Elemental Evil is my favourite and with your mod it is one of the best dungeons and dragons pc games currently available

tarasis

Novice
Thank you for the continued work on this game. I am beyond impressed with the TLC its getting.

Very fine work. Thanks again for making this engine even better and better. Hoping the new modules follow soon. Even having a pure combat module, wherein you just battle through randomly generated and increasing difficult fights, would be welcome.

Sentinel

Arcane
I'm looking to give ToEE a replay but there's one thing I never understood: does ToEE+ fix issues that co8 targets, making it superfluous? I'm not looking for additional content, so is there any point in installing co8?

Kharagh

Novice
I love the latest features.

A couple issues I've had: (1) The weapon proficiency gained from the Favored Soul class isn't counting as a pre-req for other feats (and it should count). So my human Favored Soul of Ehlonna, while proficient in longbow, is unable to ever take Weapon Focus or Improved Critical with the longbow. (2) Whirlwind Attack sometimes works but sometimes doesn't [when it doesn't work it won't work for the entire combat]. And when it doesn't work, the turn is wasted (the action bar drains out as if a full action has been taken but no attacks are made). I imagine #1 is an easy fix. For #2, maybe it's possible to drain the bar after the attack instead of before? That wouldn't completely fix the issue but at least it wouldn't result in lost turns.

As for the preceding post, #2 (preventing interaction with empty corpses) might be a mistake. It would make the Belsornig quests more difficult to complete if you can't interact with looted corpses. (The quests require putting items on corpses - so if you've already looted those corpses the quests couldn't be completed.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom