Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PS VITA hacked. For real this time native vita hack (not epsp one)

Perkel

Arcane
Yup the moment people were waiting years for has come.
https://henkaku.xyz/

Native Vita hack. Just rebought Vita for this.
Vita is soon to be best handheld yet with best emulation library sans PC.

BTW Vita handhelds are cheap as fuck now so get yourself VITA-1000 (original one with OLED screen) and update it to latest firmware because Sony will probably fix hole in next firmware

ps_vita_front_side_sony.jpg

Fucking hyped. IT will take now few months to build properhackscene but end goal will be glorious.

ultimanecat

Arcane
Wow, if it works that is indeed pretty cool. Been checking in every couple months on Vita hacking and it seemed like Sony may have locked it up tight.

It's certainly the most capable handheld but those memory cards are not cheap. Kinda limits things when 64gb of storage costs over $100 US.

Perkel

Arcane
True still you can i think backup most of gamesetc on pc without much problem. Found used one (vita) in great shape for 50$ and i should get it in next 2-3 days. I sold mine for 150$ back in the day.

4 core cpu + 4 core gpu imo will be great for emulation and since VITA has emulators buildin (PSP, PS1) some people already think about riping them andmaking them better (like increased resolution).

I don't expect Vita getting near 3DS hack level (best hacked console ever) but overall iwould love to haveemulation on that screen.

Perkel

Arcane
ecryption is kia (they can now dump kernel/games/andsoon and decrypt/encrypt files as you want). aka full blown piracy and tinkering with kernel.

When they will start to tinker with kernel maybe they will be able to get into boot which would render whole console completely hacked like 3DS. Though chances are slim as method Sony used is similar to 3DS which was very secure but fucked up with few keys (like using same exact password fromWii just capslock).

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
3DS isn't the best hacked console, but I do wish it was easier to do it. I can't since I don't have any of those 3rd party software/hardware hacks and my version is too new to do anything with. Nintendo really likes sending out updates almost exclusively to fight hacks. I am gonna try some of these homebrew stuff. Reasonably excited.

Perkel

Arcane
3DS isn't the best hacked console, but I do wish it was easier to do it. I can't since I don't have any of those 3rd party software/hardware hacks and my version is too new to do anything with. Nintendo really likes sending out updates almost exclusively to fight hacks. I am gonna try some of these homebrew stuff. Reasonably excited.

No. 3DS is currently the best hacked console of them all since arm 9 loader was created at start of this year.
PS2 and PSP held that crown till last year but not anymore.

Siveon

Bot
No. 3DS is currently the best hacked console of them all since arm 9 loader was created at start of this year.
Let's say I have no clue what that is. Or what it's purpose is other than aiding in the process of playing backup 3DS games. Somehow.

You need a PS Vita or PSTV running system firmware 3.60. Unfortunately, it is not possible to run HENkaku on any device running a higher firmware version and it is also not possible to downgrade your system firmware.

:argh:

Siveon

Bot
Okay, so far I've been messing around with HENkaku and it's pretty impressive. Installed better than those old Pandora Batteries, and getting VPKs on the thing using this FTP program isn't that bad. Might be a pain for anything larger than GBA roms but hey, it's a start. Most emulators run, they just don't really run well. I believe the only really good one so far is a Retroarch core for the Genesis, while the others are actually worse than some PSP emulators. It all came out today so most of this is just proof of concept rather than anything.

Hopefully this is the start of something cool. Who knows?

Perkel

Arcane
BTW they have access to full kernel which means that they probably will be able to spoof firmware version for games so no longer people will need to choose to have hack or play new games/online.
Previous hacks were only userland and didn't give that ability.

Thanks to this hack you can already have multiple accounts on same memory card unlike vanilla.

3.60 is the latest firmware so you need just to update. Also if you have some other hack working on previous version of firmware you can download 3.60 from internet and apply it when Henkaku will be completely ready for you.

does this mean i will be able to emulate soul sacrifice on pc?

YEs as it allows finally for creation of emulator. Without access to kernel and throwing stuff at it trying to figure out how it works you can't make emulator.

Let's say I have no clue what that is. Or what it's purpose is other than aiding in the process of playing backup 3DS games. Somehow.

What i mean by it: It is so hacked that you wouldn't notice difference from non hacked version of 3DS + you would be able to use stuff normal 3DS doesn't allow like homebrew, games injection (playing old games which nintendo never released on store on their native emulator etc). You can play online update firmware without problem aka hack without downsides. Even on PSP you had to check which version of firmware you have (until they dropped support for PSP). For 3ds you can now update without minding anything to latest newest firmware and if something goes wrong (let's say they will find fix ) you can restore your system to previous version like nothing happened.
Even without firmware you can spoof firmware as well as tags so you can play online on old firmwares and so on.

Siveon

Bot
Oh, so you were just commenting on how well hacked it is so far. At least for a non dead portable. I agree it is pretty good, but it sadly still relies on exploits and hardware crud while for the PSP it's as simple as downloading a program and connecting it to a computer. Okay now, before it was just as bad. And yes, I am a bit chuffed because I can't get mine hacked while everyone is bragging about how far the 3DS hacking scene has gone. It's agonizing, especially as a former PSP CFW enthusiast.

I wouldn't get too hasty with this stuff though. These are the stepping stones, but it may take a while before we to 3DS/PSP territory. I am a bit happy to get ROMS running on a Sony handheld again. It's a bit nostalgic.

Expon

Scholar
Oh, so you were just commenting on how well hacked it is so far. At least for a non dead portable. I agree it is pretty good, but it sadly still relies on exploits and hardware crud while for the PSP it's as simple as downloading a program and connecting it to a computer. Okay now, before it was just as bad. And yes, I am a bit chuffed because I can't get mine hacked while everyone is bragging about how far the 3DS hacking scene has gone. It's agonizing, especially as a former PSP CFW enthusiast.

I wouldn't get too hasty with this stuff though. These are the stepping stones, but it may take a while before we to 3DS/PSP territory. I am a bit happy to get ROMS running on a Sony handheld again. It's a bit nostalgic.
You can use Vhbl for psp emulators instead of vita ones, also to make it esier to copy roms tovthe vita use open cma and a any psp savedata, drag the roms in the folder copy to vita then use the shell to movd it to your rom folder.

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
And yes, I am a bit chuffed because I can't get mine hacked while everyone is bragging about how far the 3DS hacking scene has gone.

You can hack any almost any 3DS via software now. Just follow this guide VERY carefully.

Also make sure you have a decent sized SD card, 8 GB should be fine.

Siveon

Bot
Better off grabbing a Chinese handheld like a GPD XD: http://www.gpdxd.com/
I was always interested in one of those devices, though I was never quite sure of the build quality. Also, even if it doesn't excel in the emulator department, free VITA games. Good enough for me.

Better yet, just wait on the GPD Win to come out in October which will be Windows-based, has a physical keyboard and can run even PCSX2.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gpd-win-intel-z8700-orz8750-win-10-os-game-console-laptop#/

Windows 10, really? I'd prefer anything else honestly. It would be a dream come true if it could run PS2 games, but c'mon now. The price is seriously the cost of a normal laptop, so I would have to see some performance videos on PCSX2 before I'd put that much money down.

And yes, I am a bit chuffed because I can't get mine hacked while everyone is bragging about how far the 3DS hacking scene has gone.

You can hack any 3DS via software now. Just follow this guide very carefully.

I've seen this guide, thanks. To hack a 3DS with the latest firmware you would already need another 3DS that's running CFW, or else you would have to hardmod. Both are incredibly difficult to do (more like downright impossible for me), and would take way too much effort. I suppose "can't" is inaccurate, but more like "won't".

A user named cat

Better off grabbing a Chinese handheld like a GPD XD: http://www.gpdxd.com/
I was always interested in one of those devices, though I was never quite sure of the build quality. Also, even if it doesn't excel in the emulator department, free VITA games. Good enough for me.

Better yet, just wait on the GPD Win to come out in October which will be Windows-based, has a physical keyboard and can run even PCSX2.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gpd-win-intel-z8700-orz8750-win-10-os-game-console-laptop#/

Windows 10, really? I'd prefer anything else honestly. It would be a dream come true if it could run PS2 games, but c'mon now. The price is seriously the cost of a normal laptop, so I would have to see some performance videos on PCSX2 before I'd put that much money down.
I'm certainly no fan of Win 10 nor do I use it on my PC, but Windows in just about any form is superior to Android and all others if you want to game. Emulators especially. So compared to Vita or any other handhelds, it's the easy choice if you want the best emulators.

The GPD Win costs the price of a cheap laptop because that's what it essentially is. Quite a little beast.

A dream to run PS2 you say? Here is PCSX2 on an older build with an inferior cpu. It's running slow as shit here, should be much better now. Plus the guy probably didn't tweak PCSX2 considering the aspect ratio isn't even set correctly. You won't be doing this on Vita or any other handhelds, as there is no proper Android port for PCSX2.

Last edited by a moderator:

Siveon

Bot
Any chace to turn it in PS2 portable machine?
The Vita? I'd say, no, definitely not.

I'm certainly no fan of Win 10 nor do I use it on my PC, but Windows in just about any form is superior to Android and all others if you want to game. Emulators especially. So compared to Vita or any other handhelds, it's the easy choice if you want the best emulators.
That's fair. Perhaps I can play that HD version of... uh, this Xbox game that they announced they'll release a port of on the windows store. Forgot the name, had something to do with cards. Silver lining.

The GPD Win costs the price of a cheap laptop because it's essentially a mini-laptop that fits in your pocket. Quite a little beast.
True. What is the normal retail going to be again, the Engrish on indiegogo is confusing me. It's like $500, right?

A dream to run PS2 you say? Here is PCSX2 on an older build with an inferior cpu. Plus the guy probably didn't tweak PCSX2 considering the aspect ratio isn't even set correctly. You won't be doing this on Vita or any other handhelds, as there is no proper Android port for PCSX2.
Hm, runs about as well as I expected (about the same as my old laptop), but perhaps the new CPU will steer it in the right direction. I personally just want all those grindtastic PS2 games portable, so I can actually enjoy the grind in the train or what not. Zen out, as they say.

I can't wait for a Tyrian port. I actually ended up preferring PSP Tyrian to the PC version.

This is p. exciting honestly. Hope SNES emulation picks up quick.

A user named cat

The GPD Win costs the price of a cheap laptop because it's essentially a mini-laptop that fits in your pocket. Quite a little beast.
True. What is the normal retail going to be again, the Engrish on indiegogo is confusing me. It's like $500, right?
Yeah I'm pretty sure the final price will be around $500 which is pretty expensive. Preorder price is $330. Again, pretty expensive but it's quite powerful for a handheld.

If you just want to emulate up to PS1/Dreamcast generation though, then the GPD XP I mentioned is a great choice too. You can get one for around $160 now off ebay or various other sites. It's basically a Nintendo DS with one screen but better hardware and Android.

Siveon

Bot
Yeah I'm pretty sure the final price will be around $500 which is pretty expensive. Preorder price is $330. Again, pretty expensive but it's quite powerful for a handheld.
It's taking a big chance either way. GPD XP might not be so bad, though. I may even consider that $500 behemoth if the reviews turn out to be good.

Siveon

Bot
You're right. I'm getting a staple 59.94 framerate for most stuff, even translated releases. It's pretty impressive, to be honest. Even some hardware intensive stuff like The Adventures of Batman & Robin run mostly stable until some crazy Mode-7 stuff goes on. I should try F-Zero as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom