Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Planescape: Torment questions

Cadmus

Arcane
:hmmm: Look harder.

Found it! It took me 1 second just looking at the menu.. I don't know what's wrong with me. It was the same with Wizardry. Why are the stupid icons darker than the rest? It's the game's fault. It's shit, I'm not playing it no more.

OH MY FUCKING GOD, I HAVE BEEN SAVING 10k FOR RESURECTION AND NOW THANKS TO THIS STUPID BUTTON I CAN SEE MY PRIEST ALREADY HAS IT FUCK THIS, I FINISHED THE FIRST AREA OF CURST WITHOUT DAKKON BECAUSE HE WAS DEAD FROM THE PREVIOUS BOSS FIGHT. I WAS JUST THINKING HOW COOL IT IS THAT DYING IS SO SERIOUS IN THIS GAME AS OPPOSED TO OTHER IE GAMES. FUCKING SHIT.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
C&C

TNO can learn a resurrection ability on the first area :troll:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You can also just zerg rush TNO into enemies repeatedly.

Remember, immortal.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Thus suicide becomes a viable tool even for completing quests. Unless you build and use *that* weapon of course. Un-existence is always welcome for someone like TNO.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
C&C

Tell me how? I was sure there was nothing left for me to do there...
Deionarra teaches you how with certain dialogue options and certain intelligence or maybe wisdom stats. The are probably a few other options you missed there (and in the whole game really). For instance the first anarchist quest is there. I think there are a few different options for learning some skills (like stories-bones-tell or whatever it was, but that one might be unique to her). It's a safety valve in case your 'cleric' dies, as she does all the fucking time.

Last edited:
After PS:T, suddenly they also had to engage me emotionally and intellectually ffs - no wonder we ended up with modern-day Bioware:-(

:lol: True, but modern day Bioware also cures you.

Really, though, did you read the Planescape sourcebooks? I think they're the closest you can get to the Torment "experience". It's not the same as playing, but still.

One of my dreams is to get rich and enslave MCA to GM Planescape for me.
I'd be like: :bounce: and he'd be like: :mca: and it would be beautiful.

Yeah - I had the kind of obsession where I'd dig up everything I could and try to find every secret (I bought the game at release, and the net wasn't quite as quick on faqs so it was easier to avoid being spoiled).

I think a lof of my fellow storyfags came from that era. You had this amazing sequence of FO, PS:T, System Shock 1 and 2, Deus Ex - not to mention the entire adventure game genre - and it just seemed like 'games as art' was inevitable. We didn't take into account the structural factors keeping good writers out of the industry, hindering those that are in it (what's the first thing that happened when Avellone penned 2 great game stories - he gets promoted into more managerial positions and only writes 'pieces', which has never been his strong suit; a balance-and-design guy like Sawyer, on the other hand, is actually in a better position to use his talents once he's promoted to that point, where writers have the most impact at a 'ground level' - i.e. the bottom rung in the gaming industry, where nobody wants to stay for long), and what would happen when storyfaggery hit the mass market.

We thought we were reading Samuel Johnson and waiting for Shakespeare to come along, and then Gossip Girl arrived instead.

Cadmus

Arcane
C&C

Tell me how? I was sure there was nothing left for me to do there...
Deionarra teaches you how with certain dialogue options and certain intelligence or maybe wisdom stats. The are probably a few other options you missed there (and in the whole game really). For instance the first anarchist quest is there. I think there are a few different options for learning some skills (like stories-bones-tell or whatever it was, but that one might be unique to her). It's a safety valve in case your 'cleric' dies, as she does all the fucking time.
Well, too bad=/
Anyway, at the start of the game I had already decided that I'd be okay with some occasional missed content because the game is huge and my patience to look into every hole and triple-check every dialogue is limited, so whatever. It kinda gives you a unique experience, too.

I'm sure this has been discussed a million times but why the fuck do the IE games not feel like real-time? It looks like the characters perform actions in rounds but run around freely but start their running in rounds, too.

The combat is so horrible because of the choppy animations and movements and the delays so that you can't accurately tell when some order already has been performed or what's going to happen and you have to pause every goddamn half a second just to make sure someone isn't stuck or doing something retarded. And you can't target people for shit.

It's the reason I really like using spells that stop the enemy movement like Ax of Torment or Rain of fire or what's it called.

Last edited:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
You can find an anarchist in the lower part of the mortuary dressed as a zombie, depending on your stats and inclination, you can do several things with him.

You might also want poke around the Lower and Upper Wards. Anarchists aren't usually advertising their genuine loyalties in Planescape.

I usually do some of their quests for the lulz. I temporarily join the Chaosmen as well to make Tenement a bit less of a slog, and go the Godsmen for the long haul.

Severian Silk

Anyone else experiencing a high ratio of empty loot containers? There are lots of containers that can be inspected, but very few of them contain anything. I was thinking that this was the result of some patch or mod.

You can find an anarchist in the lower part of the mortuary dressed as a zombie, depending on your stats and inclination, you can do several things with him.

I killed him. :(

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
PST got BG1 syndrome. There are some ridiculously small hotspots here and there.

Hormalakh

Magister
The thing about PS:T is that you have to put in something to get something out. If you aren't willing to sit through the dialogue and explore the conversations or explore different things you can do, you really won't get the most out of it. Dionnarra (sp?) is like a huge aspect of the game. Sometimes you have to sit and think about what is being said and explore and (especially) re-explore conversations to get the most out of them. That's one thing I loved about PS:T. It's always very tough to gauge when a "conversation node" is cleared. If you do one or two things and go back to some key people and talk to them again, you always learn something new.

This is especially true with your companions, the tattoo guy (Fell?), and some other NPCs. You pick up a new companion? Talk to your old companions all over again - you'll learn something new. Go talk to Fell again. You might learn something new. That's what I loved.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I only found something involving ravel in my seventh playthrough :skyway:

Severian Silk

I don't mind reading all the dialogue. I just wish there were more stuff to do between the walls of text.

Cadmus

Arcane
Guys I fucked up again :
Eh well I'm now in the first room of Fortress of Regrats so no spoilers beyond please:
I killed Ravel and went to the old lady Mebbeth or smth who taught me magic just to see if she's got any new spells and suddenly I say to her: DID YOU KNOW YOU WERE RAVEL?

wat.. I didn't know. How did I miss this? Did Ravel say it? The only indication of it is they speak the same way but I really tried to read everything or remember it from the Ravel dialogue as I was expecting it to be important but how did I miss this? Fuck me..

I'm also finding it difficult to move through the Fortress because of all the fucking shadows, my character is a mage and gets killed easily and as I understand it the number of enemies is the number of my deaths, right? Mhm, it's kind of hard even when trying to just run around and avoid them.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Doesn't Ravel transform into Mebbeth when talking to her?

I don't think I ever fought all those shadows. Was always dodging them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom