Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Putting the RPG back in the Codex!

Andharia

Novice
But DU, why go through all this trouble? Its not like i am being a bother. 9other people reacting out of proportion is whats a bother, I am adding constructively to fair Codexia!)

Ivy Mike

Scholar
Let's be perfectly honest here. While I'm not for the banning of your ass, you do come off as an illiterate retard with attention deficit disorder for the most part. Even when you're trying to crack the occasional joke or make an intelligent post, and that's saying something. You do add a certain something to the forums, it's just not anything worthwhile. But I don't mind. Really, it's no biggie and considering some other posters here I don't see why you should be on the recieving end of the ban-rammer.

Did Brave Diplomat get banned too?

Andharia said:
But DU, why go through all this trouble? Its not like i am being a bother. 9other people reacting out of proportion is whats a bother, I am adding constructively to fair Codexia!)
You post enough as it is, no need to double post in addition to it. Anyway, how about making a believable alt next time? Say, if you spell checked your posts and spent a couple of minutes extra on each one? It would be so awesome if you got to say 100-300 posts without anyone going ANDHAIRA ANDHAIRA! If you keep one obvious alt active in addition you could decoy the retards!

GeneralSamov

Prophet
For one, it's always appeasing to code something complex and get it to work. If that specific code happens to screw up real people on teh intarnetz, so much the better.

Andharia

Novice
Dementia Praecox said:
Did Brave Diplomat get banned too?

Yes. :(
But one day all those banned alts will rise up all together with a vengance, and start a barrage of posting the likes of which has never been seen before on teh internet! Live in fear of that day.

You post enough as it is, no need to double post in addition to it
lol did I make a dbl post? Sorry it wasn't intentional. Very lulzy though. :lol:

Anyway, how about making a believable alt next time? Say, if you spell checked your posts and spent a couple of minutes extra on each one? It would be so awesome if you got to say 100-300 posts without anyone going ANDHAIRA ANDHAIRA! If you keep one obvious alt active in addition you could decoy the retards!

Who says I have not already done that? Who says the original Andhaira was not it self an alt? Not just an alt, but an alt of an alt?

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Andharia said:
Who says I have not already done that? Who says the original Andhaira was not it self an alt? Not just an alt, but an alt of an alt?
Who is to say this Andharia is the original Andharia?

Who is to say I am not Andharia, the original or the fake... perhaps I am both?

Andharia

Novice
Certainly not I!

This entire situation reminds me of that cute game: Where in the World is Carmen Sandiago!

Dang, they really knew how to make games back in teh day. Wonder where it all went wrong?

I think its when CD's were invented...and people suddenly stopped worrying about the quality of content they could squeeze into 8-9 floppies and started tossing whatever they coded into CD's.

Self-Ejected

Wilco

Self-Ejected
Andharia said:

Actually, it does seem you're going through too much trouble for Andhairia. All he basically does is create Vs. threads where people either a)discuss the topic or b)flame him.

Doubt you'd be able to fully ban him though...

Who is to say this Andharia is the original Andharia?
Who is to say I am not Andharia, the original or the fake... perhaps I am both?

Why do I get this bizarre feeling that Andharia is just the 'prank' alt of some high ranking member/mod on the codex... :?

Andharia

Novice
If DU really wants meto leave forever all he has to do is tell me. And I will.

But he has to really mean it!

Caveman

Scholar
2395843025_1709e05ac5_o.gif

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Andharia said:
Actually, it's no different to the effort expended in Retardoing most of your threads. With the caveat that if it works as intended, it'll mean less effort in the long run. Besides, I'm like Google. I don't like having to do things manually. Automated systems are far more awesome. Also, I'm inherently lazy.

Dementia Praecox said:
But will it stop stuff like TOR and JAP?
Potentially, yes. It wouldn't stop absolutely everything but it would go a long way towards making it a hell of a lot harder. If I combine it with a few other shortcuts, such as a little button next to posts that only admins see, which allows them to ban the user instantly without having to go into the control panel, it'd actually make things a hell of a lot easier.

... or as Saint would say, COMMUNISTIC.

KodeXian!

Novice
Ok, enough with all the hulabaloo. Lets get back to the OT please.

Anyhow, the codex is supposed to be primarily about crpg's. However these days it appears to be anything but. How can we go about fixing this? (please read OP for my ideas)

DraQ

Arcane
KodeXian! said:
Ok, enough with all the hulabaloo. Lets get back to the OT please.

Anyhow, the codex is supposed to be primarily about crpg's. However these days it appears to be anything but. How can we go about fixing this? (please read OP for my ideas)
You could make a list of nicks you're going to use next - it'd save DU a lot of hassle.

KodeXian!

Novice
But he really seems to be enjoying doing his coding. Who knows, he may actually sell that program for millionz, like that napster kid.

Nael

Arcane
Wikipedia said:
Mental retardation is a term for a pattern of persistently slow learning of basic motor and language skills ("milestones") during childhood, and a significantly below-normal global intellectual capacity as an adult. One common criterion for diagnosis of mental retardation is a tested intelligence quotient (IQ) of 70 or below and deficits in adaptive functioning.

People with mental retardation may be described as having developmental disabilities, global developmental delay, or learning difficulties.

Signs

There are many signs. For example, children with developmental disabilities may learn to sit up, to crawl, or to walk later than other children, or they may learn to talk later. Both adults and children with intellectual disabilities may also

* have trouble speaking
* find it hard to remember things
* have trouble understanding social rules
* have trouble discerning cause and effect
* have trouble solving problems
* have trouble thinking logically.
* persistence of infantile behaviour.

(ed.- Any of the above criterion sound familiar? Hmmm...)

In early childhood mild disability (IQ 60–70) may not be obvious, and may not be diagnosed until children begin school. Even when poor academic performance is recognized, it may take expert assessment to distinguish mild mental disability from learning disability or behavior problems. As they become adults, many people can live independently and may be considered by others in their community as "slow" rather than retarded.

Moderate disability (IQ 50–60) is nearly always obvious within the first years of life. These people will encounter difficulty in school, at home, and in the community. In many cases they will need to join special, usually separate, classes in school, but they can still progress to become functioning members of society. As adults they may live with their parents, in a supportive group home, or even semi-independently with significant supportive services to help them, for example, manage their finances.

Among people with intellectual disabilities, only about one in eight will score below 50 on IQ tests. A person with a more severe disability will need more intensive support and supervision his or her entire life.

The limitations of cognitive function will cause a child to learn and develop more slowly than a typical child. Children may take longer to learn to speak, walk, and take care of their personal needs such as dressing or eating. Learning will take them longer, require more repetition, and there may be some things they cannot learn. The extent of the limits of learning is a function of the severity of the disability.

Nevertheless, virtually every child is able to learn, develop, and grow to some extent.Diagnosis

According to the latest edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV),[5] there are three criteria before a person is considered to have a developmental disability: an IQ below 70, significant limitations in two or more areas of adaptive behavior (i.e., ability to function at age level in an ordinary environment), and evidence that the limitations became apparent in childhood.

It is formally diagnosed by professional assessment of intelligence and adaptive behavior.

IQ below 70

IQ tests were created as an attempt to measure a person's abilities in several areas, including language, numeracy and problem-solving. The average Caucasian score is 100. People with a score below 75 will often, but not always, have difficulties with daily living skills. Since factors other than mental ability (depression, anxiety, etc.) can yield low IQ scores, it is important for the evaluator to rule them out prior to concluding that measured IQ is "significantly below average".

The following ranges, based on the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS), are in standard use today:

Class IQ
Profound mental retardation Below 20
Severe mental retardation 20–34
Moderate mental retardation 35–49
Mild mental retardation 50–69
Borderline mental retardation 70–79

Significant limitations in two or more areas of adaptive behavior

Adaptive behavior, or adaptive functioning, refers to the skills needed to live independently (or at the minimally acceptable level for age). To assess adaptive behavior, professionals compare the functional abilities of a child to those of other children of similar age. To measure adaptive behavior, professionals use structured interviews, with which they systematically elicit information about the person's functioning in the community from someone who knows them well. There are many adaptive behavior scales, and accurate assessment of the quality of someone's adaptive behavior requires clinical judgment as well. Certain skills are important to adaptive behavior, such as:

* daily living skills, such as getting dressed, using the bathroom, and feeding oneself;
* communication skills, such as understanding what is said and being able to answer;
* social skills with peers, family members, spouses, adults, and others.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom