Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Quake Champions - multiplayer hero shooter from id Software

Venser

Erudite
Some tips/tutorials for noobs

Last edited:

abija

Prophet
Fixed a bit zoom dmg, rl seems snappier, netcode the same, servers worse (which was to be expected).

thesoup

Arcane
Any new features or gamemodes?
Looks like I'm skipping another weekend.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
one new team mode called Sacrifice where you have to take a flag and return it to your base and stand in a capture point until the progress bar is full
sound has been supposedly fixed, though my experiences with it were that I could hear shit more often than before, but not always when it should have
zoom damage on HMG and RG reduced to 10 and 90
ranger now just grunts like some weirdo in the main menu instead of saying 'I know a good slipgate to shove YOU in'
anarki now says in the main menu how he's gonna flip tables, alongside slash who essentially says the same thing
lightning gun range nerfed
lightning gun now also stops firing at random or its beam sometimes goes invisible when firing because lolbethesda
ruins of sarnath added to duel map pool
servers are even worse

abija

Prophet

Their "esport" mode is in. Played 3 games, 2 of them enemies were playing tdm and were probably confused by the score and the short rounds.
No idea why they chose it as esport, duel is far easier to watch/understand. Same for old tdm where you had to control weapons, if they think only team games can succeed in esports.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Watched Fatal1ty play it and even with him the game looks dreary. Quite a feat I must say. What's up with the announcer VO also? Is that a joke?

Sentinel

Arcane
game is pretty fun but the sometimes laggy servers chop off whatever boner i might have at the moment

hope they fix this fucking garbage as well as just make anarki's movement standard for all characters because fuck going slow.

oh and remove the extra damage from zooming in because that shit is fucking retarded

abija

Prophet
Why the hell are loading screens after leaving games so long with barely any hdd activity, it's like the client waits forever for the server to get that stupid postmatch info.

Venser

Erudite
RNa7nOW.jpg

He's back!

https://clips.twitch.tv/GiantWealthySageOpieOP

This isn't a really a highlight, it's what you see at Toxic's stream if you tune in at any given moment.

abija

Prophet
I think there's a higher chance of rail hits not registering due to shitty netcode than him actually missing, in ffa at least.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
They messed up the scale on ztndm3 and the new nade launcher replacement doesn't fit the map as well as the original did but it's still probably the best duel map. Also custom games don't let you have classic duel yet :argh:

Venser

Erudite
They messed up the scale on ztndm3 and the new nade launcher replacement doesn't fit the map as well as the original did but it's still probably the best duel map. Also custom games don't let you have classic duel yet :argh:

Looks good to me. Only thing I don't like is putting regenerating blood pool on the safest spot on the map, next to a teleporter. Couldn't have chosen the worse place spot to put it.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire

Looks good to me. Only thing I don't like is putting regenerating blood pool on the safest spot on the map, next to a teleporter. Couldn't have chosen the worse place spot to put it.
The distance between the walkway that goes from nailgun to rocket launcher and where the grenade launcher used to be is tiny now and the lift from railgun straight to grenade launcher is lame.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Gee, I wonder what kind of depth and counterplay an ability which essentially doubles your damage output will bring to Quake Champions:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom