Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Quake Champions - multiplayer hero shooter from id Software

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
just tried it out, clocked 6h, it's pretty fun game, i don't get the hate
I personaly don't care about the game. For me it is worst than quake 3,sooo no reason to shill money for it or even play it. Also i don't like how it looks,it is very shiny and sparkly with nu wave kind of design,while quake looks more gritty. And it is a hero shooter.

Venser

Erudite
Q3/Live is 100x better than Champions, no discussion but when it comes to Quake I care about esports as much as I care about playing the game and QL scene is fucking dead and there's no future for it hence Champions is the next best thing.

PrettyDeadman

Wow, I dealt quite good in my first match of quak champions:

S7ZvKAV.jpg

Venser

Erudite
Making it free to play on steam certainly helped. Wonder how many newcomers will actually stick with the game.

cKKgDZD.png

PrettyDeadman

Matchmaking is extremely unbalanced right now.
This happens almost every match (i've played 5 matches so far):

4X40wVg.png

People seems to ignore armor/health pickups on purpose.
They dance around them while getting killed.
Every game was a pubstomp, and I am very bad (22% accuracy with electric gun lol).
Average lifetime of enemy team player is 25 seconds...
Things seems to be better at ranked.
037e44a8-24ad-485a-bbc8-e88e3346afbf

Last edited by a moderator:

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Matchmaking is extremely unbalanced right now.
This happens almost every match (i've played 5 matches so far):

4X40wVg.png

People seems to ignore armor/health pickups on purpose.
They dance around them while getting killed.
Every game was a pubstomp, and I am very bad (22% accuracy with electric gun lol).
Average lifetime of enemy team player is 25 seconds...
Things seems to be better at ranked.
037e44a8-24ad-485a-bbc8-e88e3346afbf
I'm pretty sure those 4 you fought against are bots.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Picked it up since it was free and tbh, it wouldn't be something i'd buy but i never got the chance to be into arena shooters unless you count unreal tournament 2001 on the ps2 (and even then i didn't play that multi but vs bots due to not having internet), so coming into this game after getting acclimatized to modern online shooters was like a breath of fresh air.

Don't see myself ever getting into this game seriously but as a nice break from my usual online fps games it's nice to have in my library.

As an aside, I distinctly remember when watching my friends play quake 3 at their house the game being full of hot chicks and crazy and cool characters of all kinds.
By contrast, the current roster seems far too spartan in comparison to how i remember arena shooters of yesteryear.

abija

Prophet
Apparently 8k people playing but I need to wait 9min in queue for a game half filled with bots. Fuck this shit...

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
You need to check your regions accurately in the bottom right corner of the main screen. By default it used to match me with people from US (100+ ping) but not Europe (20 ping max), for some reason. Change it manually to your actual regions and it should be a lot better.

I stand by my point that the game is very fun, which I didn't expect really.

Last edited:

abija

Prophet
I'm doing everything right. All these mongoloid devs did (including the retarded id designers) is pure shit, from renderer to netcode and matchmaking.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Quake has reached 17k peak. Incline. Community is amazing as always. I am complete duel noob (played ctf and ca back in q3 days) but a friend talked me into signing up for weekly community tournament.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/273736659?t=47m33s If you want to see me getting owned ;)

First map was ez as I knew the map well and the player was lower skill level.

2nd map I knew somewhat but my opponent seemed to be way more competent at map control (which im absolute trash at). Once I realized I could out-aim him I just basically ran at him and won through sheer aim.

3rd map I literally never played before and my opponent was a veteran so RIP. I still did more damage to him then he did to me but he was way more competent overall. I had no fuckign clue how to get to red armor without rocket jumps lmao.

I encourage everyone to sign up for the weekly tournament its lots of fun!

PrettyDeadman

Quake has reached 17k peak. Incline. Community is amazing as always. I am complete duel noob (played ctf and ca back in q3 days) but a friend talked me into signing up for weekly community tournament.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/273736659?t=47m33s If you want to see me getting owned ;)

First map was ez as I knew the map well and the player was lower skill level.

2nd map I knew somewhat but my opponent seemed to be way more competent at map control (which im absolute trash at). Once I realized I could out-aim him I just basically ran at him and won through sheer aim.

3rd map I literally never played before and my opponent was a veteran so RIP. I still did more damage to him then he did to me but he was way more competent overall. I had no fuckign clue how to get to red armor without rocket jumps lmao.

I encourage everyone to sign up for the weekly tournament its lots of fun!
Are you like a popular streamer?

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, I have 150 hours in the game and my movement is shit compared to him :negative:

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
On ztn all the opponent champions were tribolt fodder and the couple mins I watched you didn't use it.

First 2 opponents were around same skill level (according to stats):
https://stats.quake.com/profile/svint
https://stats.quake.com/profile/amperture
https://stats.quake.com/profile/ThreeOliveSaint/

I'm qc noob man. All I been doing is casually playing team death match with my rl friends who are total shit at the game. I hate tribolt its no fun to use at all even if strong.

Also the reason I was crouching is because my shift was stuck lmao.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
This game could have been good,they just needed to make an option to disable all the hero perks and abilities,and have a few level modifiers like in Unreal games. Also it is a personal problem,but those pick up icons look soo plastic,i hate them,would have preferred to have a item models.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom