Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Quantum Break - now available on Steam

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The game was developed and optimized primary for Xbox therefore AMD GPU.

This approach guarantees abysmal performance on nVidia. No surprise here. Remedy is a competent developer.

The problem is MS which tries any sleazy trick to hook up suckers with xbone. You cannot full-screen a game released on Win 10? Come on.

tormund

Arcane
Has anyone here bought this?
It would be funny to eventually see their sales number on PC (not that MS will ever release them, they can't even fall back to piracy excuse anymore).

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Only consoles on codex are the one capable of running weaboo jRPG garbage and discussed! in appropiate subforum.
Xbone don't have any jRPG = no discussion on this site (except this thread).

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Saw some gameplay on the YouTubez. It's like a derpier Max Payne. Do these guys do anything other than bullet time shit?

Llama-Yak Hybrid

Wild Sheep
Dumbfuck
AMD endorses the decline of PC gaming.
Yeah, right, because gameworks isn't the biggest decline PC gaming had in the last few years.

AMD just has better cards. Nvidia had huge advantage of having better drivers but they've improved so new benchmarks generally show R9 390 wrecking GTX 970 simply because the card has more "horsepower", hence in the end it performs better. Same thing for other cards. HD 7970 is still competitive against mid-tier cards while its direct competitor GTX 680 isn't. One card was designed to last for years, the other was designed so cucks will buy another one after it comes out.

_________________________________________________________________________<<< rine ends here

Deleted member 7219

This is all Microsoft's fault. Rise of the Tomb Raider, another DX12 title, runs quite well on both NV and AMD.

Yep, I see some people mentioning Rise of Tomb Raider as another example of Microsoft trying to destroy PC gaming, but you could get Rise independently of the Windows Store. People who actually bought it on Windows Store as a 'universal app' or whatever its called must be absolutely retarded. I activated a copy on Steam and had no performance issues at all.

Sòren

Arcane
watched the first 1 1/2 hour of gameplay of this "game" on youtube (fortunately there are uncommented walkthroughs so you don't have to listen to some retard breathing into the mic for hours).

gameplay looks like generic boring shooter with slow-motion sequences but the most off-putting thing is that you have to watch episodes with real actors between the chapters to get to know the full story. this stinks. who the fuck wants to watch a mediocre thriller tv-show inside a game?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I've been watching an LP by some popamole LPer who has an un-annoying voice. I really like the "writing" so far, and the fact they've tied it in with the tv show. Combat sequences are your usual Max Payne, which can be as dull or as fun as you can play it, depends on your style and skills with playing shooters. I was going to pirate it to try it out but I found out I need windows 10, so MS can go fuck themselves. It's an interactive movie with dull combat anyway, and I can already watch it at 1080p on youtube.

Remedy's own Northlight engine.
Which I guess is totally not Max Payne 3's engine updated?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Valdetiosi

Scholar
I don't need this game, since I have Timeshift, an FPS made in 2007, that not only lets you also stop time and slow it, you can reverse it too.
Granted, it's useful only for few puzzles, but otherwise the game requires less and plays much better than Quantum Freak.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom