Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Quantum Break - now available on Steam

Israfael

Arcane
With faux 1080p disabled, it runs at decent 40-50 fps on my r9 290 @ 1123/6000, although i cant really imagine how it performs on lesser cards (and without almost 20% overclock), it's always at 100% GPU load and temps are really high (over 70C on GPU and VRM with AC IV monster cooler installed). I'm not sure it's a shooter, i think i watch cutscenes /do platforming stuff more than i do anything. I'm already at act 4 and i played it for a few hrs on the highest difficulty, i guess it's 5-6 hrs long. While the return to 'choose your own story' a-la Wolf: TNO is kinda nice, i'm still not sure if this is a game i'd buy (playing hrrm... 'evaluation' version) and replay to see what would happen if i did other choices (probably it's easier to look through the relevant story parts on youtube as gameplay-wise it's probably 90-99% the same). Poor invidia users, finally a game that caters to us AMDfags and is unplayable on J.S. Huangs' hardware

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.remedygames.com/state-of-the-studio/

State of the Studio

After two months of the release of our latest game Quantum Break, it’s a good time to give you an update on what’s next for us here at Remedy.

First things first: we’ll continue supporting Quantum Break, which became the “biggest-selling new Microsoft Studios published IP this generation”. It’s something we’re extremely proud of, so thank you to all of our fans for making the game a success and our long-time partner Microsoft for helping us create something unique.

Keep playing, giving feedback and spreading the word! We’re working on another update for the game, so stay tuned for details over at our community forums.

As for the future, we have some very exciting news to share. Moving forward, we want to create more games and hopefully get them out more often. In order to achieve this, Remedy has expanded into two game development teams.

For a while now already, we’ve been developing a brand new Remedy game with a new partner. Our second team is working on an early concept, which will turn into another Remedy game sometime in the future.

We can’t wait to show and tell your more about these new projects, but if there’s anything we’ve learned from the past, it’s that we should have the patience to announce games when they’re ready enough. So don’t expect us take the stage at E3 or gamescom this year.

Remedy has developed games for over 20 years. We’re very thrilled about the AAA games we have in the works and where we are as a studio right now. With several positions open, it’s the perfect time to join us!

Finally, we feel that it’s important to set the expectations right and let you, the fans, know that neither of the two projects currently in development is an Alan Wake game. We’re working on something else, but at the same time we’re exploring opportunities in other mediums to tell more Alan Wake stories.

We have plenty of exciting endeavors to come, and we hope you stay along for the ride.

Thomas Puha
Head of Communications

A horse of course

"other mediums" AKA some shitty comic or whatever. Maybe a terrible webseries.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Gib Killer Instinct on Steam and all is forgiven. MS Store on Win10 is even more pathetic than their mobile store.

tormund

Arcane
You speaking of console or Win Store exclusivity? If you can speaking of latter, I can only imagine that it turned out that they "flushed millions down the drain" due to keeping PC version exclusive to Win Store and Win 10, not the other way around...

typical user

Arbiter
Microsoft isn't stupid. They'll have their little 'exclusivity window' and then release their stuff to Steam. To do otherwise would be to flush millions down the drain.

No, they ARE stupid, if they want PC market then they need to start small, share profits instead of bruteforcing their pathetic store-platform or treating potential customers like shit.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-timeless-collectors-edition-releases-delayed

The Steam release of Remedy's TV and game hybrid Quantum Break has been pushed back from 14th September to 29th September.

The reason given was "additional time required for mastering and manufacturing the Quantum Break - Timeless Collector's Edition for retail".

They're two separate things although the Timeless Collector's Edition uses a one-time Steam verification check. Presumably there's nothing technically holding the Steam version back, though it makes more sense to deliver them together - and I suppose it gives the bumper shop box a better chance at being desirable before Steam dominates.

Temesis

Arcane
Developer
That figures. They want to make smaller games. A title like Quantum Break is a huge gamble given the production scope and timeline. I though the idea behind Quantum Break was a weak throwback to advent of CD, but kudos to Remedy for trying to do something nodoby else in AAA-industry has been doing lately.

A horse of course

Even Halo has a tie-in TV series these days. I would put money on the live-action sequences seagued into the game as being a mandate from Microsoft.

Temesis

Arcane
Developer
Tie-in yes, but it is totally different to integrate them to the game itself. This may very easily result in bad optics: gameplay / cutscenes mismatch etc. and thats what happened to a degree in my opinion. Usually AAA- games are played very safe.

Temesis

Arcane
Developer
What is kind of funny is how the marketing pitch pretends this is somehow a new idea.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It confounds me how they stay in business milking the shitty bullet-time-slow-mo-time-distortion gimmick they have been for over a decade now. Same games with a different coat of paint.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It confounds me how they stay in business milking the shitty bullet-time-slow-mo-time-distortion gimmick they have been for over a decade now. Same games with a different coat of paint.

It's weird, maybe because no other dev is actually doing that. The F.E.A.R. games have it but I almost never used that mechanic and the games weren't really built around it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom