Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Quantum science says you always have existed and always will exist

Discussion in 'SCIENCE!!' started by Bitler, Jul 16, 2017 at 10:14 AM.

1. Fedora Master Educated

Fedora Master
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    So how do I get off this damned energy ride?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Jason Liang Arbiter

Jason Liang
    Parrots:
    Once again, science confirming what Nietzsche knew 100 years ago. Hey scientists stop plagiarizing your ideas from Nietzsche.

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Norfleet Moderator

Norfleet
    Parrots:
    Look, it's very simple: If it can grant cleric spells or destroy civilization by itself of its own volition, it's a god.

^ Top  
  4. Bitler Educated

Bitler
    Parrots:
    Don't participate in it.

• [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Burning Bridges Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Burning Bridges
    Parrots:

“'The Cosmic Integral'– The sum of Man adds up to nothing.” Donald Crowhurst, 1932-1969.

:lol:

Pretty good documentary that demonstrates what happens to you if you take this kind of questions, a book about Einstein, a massive inferiority complex and isolate yourself for some months in a boat on the ocean.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Planetar Hi, my name is Liberal Dumbfuck

Planetar
    Parrots:
    Reincarnation is irrelevant to Christianity. Whether you live once or multiple times, the result is the same in the end - either you are saved by the Lord of Light and live an eternal deathless life in the True Reality, or you are defeated by your sins and and are consumed by oblivion.

Living multiple lives in an imperfect world is merely a distraction, and excuse that people would use to put off their salvation to the next life. Hindu and Buddhist cultures are defined by this mentality, hence their apathy towards holiness and purity despite the ability to recognize it as a priority. They think they can always try again next time.

Even if reincarnation is actually true, the prophets, apostles, and Christ were absolutely right by not speaking about it too much.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. odrzut Arbiter

odrzut
    Parrots:
    Reincarnation is in direct contradiction with Christianity:

Hebrews 9:27King James Version (KJV)
    27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Not that it matters which fairy tales you choose to believe, but you could at least be consistent. Then again you believe in a god that can break laws of logic, so I shouldn't expect consistency.

• Up Yours Up Yours x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. I'm With Her oneself for prison Prophet Shitposter

oneself
    Parrots:
    A minority-white, multicultural hellscape
    Through the scientific method

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. odrzut Arbiter

odrzut
    Parrots:
    What observation would falsify your theory, then?

^ Top  
  10. corvus Arcane

corvus
    Parrots:
    Actually, all of the major religious traditions do agree on what God is, in the essentials at least. The Abrahamic religions, Hinduism, Taoism, Buddhism, etc., all acknowledge the existence of some transcendent objective reality from which everything else proceeds. Even if they do not have the same word for God, they all affirm the reality of His qualities. It's only modernists who are hopelessly confused and would rather drive themselves into absurdity than give up their materialist prejudices.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Burning Bridges Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Burning Bridges
    Parrots:
    Yes and the first "transcendent objective reality" that we think of could be called The Nothing. Nothing exists by default and for such reasons I wrote that the case is closed for me. God definitely must exist.

^ Top  
  12. Burning Bridges Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Burning Bridges
    Parrots:
    I grew up myself in ateistic surrounding but I would say everyone can have religion, even deeply scientific people.

And the more I think about religion the less I think it has much to do with believing in things that do not exist. Take all religions, subtract everything that comes from superstition and the need to objectify things, and what remains is simple understanding of reality. The fact that we exist as spirit and body and that everything else exists is connected and presents a universal significance that makes people content. The opposite philosophy is that people think they were separated and alone and sort of thrown into an alien world. This is perhaps the first thing that a rational person wants to elieve in, because rational people are egomaniac but it's not very far reaching.

Or in other worlds, the mistake is that think we are part of our own world and this world is threatened at every time. But in fact we belong to the whole world and there is no danger, just change.

^ Top  
  13. Wehraboo Novice

Wehraboo
    Parrots:
    Why do (((they))) want so badly for everyone to be an atheist, and mainly push against inoffensive christian groups like cucktholics, instead of what few genuinely crazy ones there are in the west, or are outside the west?

Basically, if someone has no principles and only "situational ethics" then they are very easy to control.

People with principles will say its' ALWAYS bad to lie, steal, kill, start wars and so on. If they have anything that is an absolute then they are very resistant to these activities even if they are allegedly "for the good". Virtually every lefturd and neocon plot is "for the common good" in some way like vaccines, wars and on and on.

The founding fathers of the USA were almost all deists, which is like saying you believe in christian principles and support them but feel that being preachy and feeling mystical experiences is far to librul for someone of your dignity. It used to seem like an odd position to take but as I get older I understand how they could come to realize the convictions, principles and values themselves are the most important thing to defend.

^ Top  
  14. Planetar Hi, my name is Liberal Dumbfuck

Planetar
    Parrots:
    Thought you said star wars.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Burning Bridges Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Burning Bridges
    Parrots:
    Wehraboo I would not want to go into any discussion that complicates this with politics.

God imo exists by default, and it has no lobsided political viewpoints. The question is just are we willing to accept what that means for our own biased viewpoints, and how we deal with the various complicated interpretations of religion that exist. But at the most profound level religion is really very simple and available to everyone.

^ Top  
  16. Make America Great Again Lady Error Arcane

Lady Error
    Parrots:
    Well, I can see what you're saying, except this is based on the assumption that the doctrine didn't become corrupted with time. It seems that early or original Christianity was much more open towards reincarnation and again, even the Bible has passsages clearly implying its existence.

If reincarnation in some form is real, then denying its existence would also be factually wrong. I don't think that religions are meant to lie in order to be more effective in "saving souls", eg. by suggesting that you've got just this one life and one chance to get it right and that's it.

^ Top  
  17. Make America Great Again Lady Error Arcane

Lady Error
    Parrots:
    Yeah, except the Bible itself contradicts you on this:

^ Top  
  18. Make America Great Again The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Parrots:
    John the Baptist is only figuratively Elijah. He fulfills a similar role.

The real Elijah never died. In fact, the real Elijah, and Moses met Jesus at the mount. I don't remember if John the Baptist was still alive then.

You can't reincarnate if you never died.

This is like kardecists interpretating the bible.

If Reincarnation was a thing in the Christian view of the universe, we would know.

Notice that the Bible prohibits necromancy, astrology and other ways of communicating with spirits.

Saying Christianism has reincarnation is like saying buddhists pray towards Mecca five times per day and worship Jesus Christ for salvation.

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

^ Top  
  19. Make America Great Again Lady Error Arcane

Lady Error
    Parrots:
    He is supposed to have died in 28-29 AD and Jesus died in 30-36 AD, so there is no contradiction there. The "figurative" interpretation is just that - an interpretation or opinion. The actual words of Jesus on this topic have nothing figurative about them.

I don't see how that has anything to do with reincarnation, other than the implied admission in the Bible that "spirits" exist.

Here is an even better passage from the Bible:

^ Top  
  20. YES! Hi, I'm Roqua

YES!
    Parrots:
    I love how philosophers pretend to be scientists. There is literally a whole school of philosophy related to this exact debate and this argument has been around for definitely an age (astrological age) and more.

^ Top  
  21. Make America Great Again Lady Error Arcane

Lady Error
    Parrots:
    I wonder why anyone would be triggered by this. Hitting too close to home or something?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Martyrized Dinosaur Learned

Martyrized Dinosaur
    Parrots:

Oh wow you remind me so much of my old senior high philosophy teacher. A dinosaur, old fashioned, somewhat senile, but kind, sweet and a real gentleman on occasions. I heard he passed away two years ago though :cry:.

Funny you're getting all these negative ratings. And here I thought that this place leaned toward reactionary ideologies. In any case I gave you a cute rating so you wouldn't be sad, Mr Hopkins :hug:.

^ Top  
  23. Jason Liang Arbiter

Jason Liang
    Parrots:
    Those that know God exist can converse about the nature of God, what is the relationship of men to God, and if and how God should be worshipped.

But there's no point in trying to explain God to someone who doesn't know God exists. If they are meant to believe, they will. If they aren't, they must do without.

Remember, thou shall not take the name of the Lord in vain.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017 at 3:49 AM
    ^ Top  
  24. Max Stats Learned

Max Stats
    Parrots:
    I'm pretty sure I didn't exist before some guy shot sperm into some woman's eggs. Always will exist, sure, but that's religion and the Grace of God, not "quantum science"

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Burning Bridges Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Burning Bridges
    Parrots:
    Repent! And submit to thy new quantum God.

Hail the Bomb! I mean the quantum.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)