Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Queen's Wish: The Conqueror - the Jeff Vogel Kickstarter

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
More mobile non-goals to the tune of 50k and still nary a hint of music beyond "I don't like it". "We're not ones to sit around" eh?
Don't be edgy. Everyone upthread is complaining about "Why doesn't he contract professional assets blah blah blah," then he finally says he'll hire a real sound designer and it's still not good enough. Wish he'd do the same for visuals of course but this is still good news.

Covenant

Savant
Covenant I'd say give Exile III a shot. It's the most developed of the original trilogy (there's a pretty big jump between Exile I and Exile III), and you'll get to appreciate stuff from the earlier games that's missing in the later one (tons of spells, friendly fire field spells and area of effect spells, larger party, better graphics, multi-tile creatures, etc.).

So I intended to take your advice, but getting Exile III to run on a modern x64 machine is such a pain in the arse. Dosbox? Not unless you've installed Windows 3.1 in it (as a side note, can you believe Windows 3.1 still isn't freeware? Kinda ironic given how desperately they tried to force that Windows 10 'upgrade' on all of us...). Running it in a virtual machine seems to be the best bet, but much like Jeff Vogel - and his Kickstarter - I'm lazy, so that minor hurdle has been enough for me to return it to the backlog for now. I'll get around to it eventually, but in the meantime I'm finally going to beat Incursion. Anyway, thanks for answering my question.

vazha

Arcane
I propose he names the underworld nation the Hahnatai, for mass-trolling purposes

almondblight

Arcane
Running it in a virtual machine seems to be the best bet, but much like Jeff Vogel - and his Kickstarter - I'm lazy, so that minor hurdle has been enough for me to return it to the backlog for now. I'll get around to it eventually, but in the meantime I'm finally going to beat Incursion. Anyway, thanks for answering my question.

If you have access to a Mac, someone made a Wineskin wrapper for the games here; you should be able to just download and play them. Not sure if any of the recent OS X releases broke them, but they were working last time I checked.

(Heads up to Alkarl too)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/619141553/queens-wish-the-conqueror/posts/2219795

Queen's Wish: The Conqueror has one week to go!

Our Kickstarter for Queen's Wish: The Conqueror is entering its final week, and we are enormously grateful for the support everyone has given. It is succeeding beyond anything we expected.

We are very close to getting to our next Stretch Goal: Hiring a professional for sound design. I really hope we get there. It's something we've always wanted to try.

As for the final Stretch Goal, Android support, I sort of doubt we will make it there. That doesn't mean an Android port is impossible. We're doing some research to figure out a way we could do it responsibly. No promises, but even if we don't make that goal, it might be possible. If there is ever an Android port, all backers will get it.

And what are we doing? Honestly, for the last few weeks, we've been working on Queen's Wish. We've never been good at PR and marketing. We just love to write games. That's what we're doing, to make sure you don't have to wait too long for the game you backed.

Finally, we just got in some more art, portraits for Queen's Wish. Enjoy, thank you, and you'll be hearing from us again in a week.

- Jeff Vogel

4487d897765382b6ddd62af0f551cc21_original.png

Commander Miranda, your first assistant on Sacramentum.
8448e7297933db39889b8f42b4f7b760_original.png

Your unfortunate butler, trapped with you in a wild, hostile land.
06c40d7b7a17b4e97e4d892b6bc07192_original.png

Another official of Haven, put at your disposal.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/619141553/queens-wish-the-conqueror/posts/2224863

The Final Day!

We are entering the final 24 hours of the Queen's Wish Kickstarter! We're moving close to the $100K stretch goal, but it will be very close.

We don't have much to add for this update. Each day, we look at how the Kickstarter is doing, smile, and then work more on Queen's Wish. The cultures, the choices, the framework of the game system. We're doing some historical research to look for ideas for how to structure the game world.

One of the $1000 tier backers just withdrew, so there is one more Work With Me To Design a Quest reward available. I hope someone takes it ... This promises to be really interesting.

Thank you all again, and we're looking forward to tomorrow!

- Jeff Vogel

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/619141553/queens-wish-the-conqueror/posts/2224863

The Final Day!

We are entering the final 24 hours of the Queen's Wish Kickstarter! We're moving close to the $100K stretch goal, but it will be very close.

We don't have much to add for this update. Each day, we look at how the Kickstarter is doing, smile, and then work more on Queen's Wish. The cultures, the choices, the framework of the game system. We're doing some historical research to look for ideas for how to structure the game world.

One of the $1000 tier backers just withdrew, so there is one more Work With Me To Design a Quest reward available. I hope someone takes it ... This promises to be really interesting.

- Jeff Vogel
The codex could do a fundraise for a 1000 bucks if you manage to make a deal for that quest.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

The Final Day!

- Jeff Vogel
The codex could do a fundraise for a 1000 bucks if you manage to make a deal for that quest.

We weren't able to get our feces co-located in order to make it happen. Infinitron and I did try, though.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

The Final Day!

- Jeff Vogel

We weren't able to get our feces co-located in order to make it happen. Infinitron and I did try, though.
How the fuck you are supposed to co-locate your shit? Is that some kind of shit fetish the two of you do or something?

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

The Final Day!

- Jeff Vogel

How the fuck you are supposed to co-locate your shit? Is that some kind of shit fetish the two of you do or something?

Get our feces co-located. ===> Get our shit together.

Sorry, I forgot that we have a lot of non-Americans here. It's an expression used when someone isn't organized. It's a more profane way of saying get it together, or get yourself organized.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
most kickstarter campaign probably wish for these "near the highest stretch goal, but don't hit it"

so pretty much vogel get extra $23,000 without the extra work/obligation if he reached the goal. which is shame. we gonna get all the previous "shink! SCHPEW! WHOOOSH" sound effect again,

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
If Vogel can't kick in fucking $1000 usd to complete his own damn stretch goal I seriously can't even

especially considering fact that this is a scam and he will only be using around 10k to make this mobile-tier game and pocket the other 90k.

V_K

Arcane
If Vogel can't kick in fucking $1000 usd to complete his own damn stretch goal I seriously can't even
From a financial perspective, it doesn't make much sense to donate to your own campaign (unless it's to reach your basic goal), because you'll have to pay the kickstarter share from whatever you've donated. He'd be just gifting the money to KS bosses. So if he has any interest in doing new sfx at all, he'll do it regardless of not quite reaching that goal. But something tells me he'll just pocket the money.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Well there is the slim possibility that he will decide to add new sound effects and shit. 1000 bucks are not that much,and the kickstarter is not set in stone.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/619141553/queens-wish-the-conqueror/posts/2231832

Queen's Wish: The Conqueror is on the way!

It took several months of hard work getting Queen’s Wish to the point where we could make even the humble Kickstarter we did. Several times, I almost gave up on doing a Kickstarter and had to be talked into going for it. It has succeeded beyond anything we expected, and we are hugely grateful.

This is the first of many monthly updates until Queen’s Wish comes out in (probably) Summer, 2019. I will keep you informed on what I’ve been working on and how things are going.

Reward Tiers

Thanks to your support, Queen’s Wish: The Conqueror will have a bigger, cooler world and an iPhone port. Even though we didn’t make it to the pro sound design level, we have every intention to hire a real sound designer to do a bunch of work for our new game.

We are switching to a new game engine (SDL) which has much better interface support and can make games for Android. We’re still skeptical about doing Android games, but it is not impossible. We’ll see how the game does on iOS first.

Backer Rewards

If you obtained a signed, singed Scroll of Absolution, we will do a Kickstarter survey in the near future to get your address and find out how you want to be entered on the scroll.

If you are helping to design the game, we will get you a document soon telling you a lot more detail about the game world and system. Then we can get to work!

What Happens Next

In development-world, we’re working with and hunting for new artists. This month, we will be developing the game interface and infrastructure (creating items and abilities, doing the training screen, etc). First, however, we will adapt the game to the new SDL engine, which can be a very tricky job. Wish us luck.

- Jeff Vogel

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom