Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Questions about attack mod regarding dmg, crit and xp

Sloul

Savant
I keep using quick attacks to level up my combat skills. But, is it really effective?
I am just wondering now, do you get more xp only by frequency of skil use? or does each attack mod has its own xp ''reward''? so that using a more complex attack would get more skill xp?
I mean:
let say quick attack is 4 ap
and aimed attack is 9 ap
Would it mean, mayhaps, that you would get more skill xp with aimed attack?? tied to speed maybe?

Also, I didn't find an entry which explains the difference between attack mods, it is pretty obvious that it affects accuracy. But does it also affects damage and crits?

Bushwhacker2k

Literate
It can be found in the help menu -> Combat -> Combat Actions.

Attack - Default attack type, when you view the flashing tiles a character can move to, the inner area of the flashing tiles is how far a character can move and still execute one Attack.
Quick Attack - Costs fewer AP than Attack, but does less damage and has less accuracy. Some weapons (apparently) can't use this.
Strong Attack - Costs more AP than Attack, does more damage but has less accuracy. Some weapons (apparently) can't use this.
Aimed Attack - Costs significantly more AP than Attack, does some more damage and have a greater chance of scoring a critical hit. Some weapons (apparently) can't use this.

I have no idea how the xp is calculated, but unless I'm mistaken the attack has to hit to give xp. I can at least say that greater Speed definitely helps increasing weapon skills (because you can attack more).

Bushwhacker2k

Literate
For some reason I can't seem to find the Edit button on my last post so I'll commit yet another heinous forum felony of double-posting.

Correction on:
I have no idea how the xp is calculated, but unless I'm mistaken the attack has to hit to give xp.

I just confirmed an attack does NOT have to hit to give xp. I missed with a bow (Missile) attack and got a level in Missile.

Sloul

Savant
Thank you for sharing your observations.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom