Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Questions for the Codex interview with Feargus and MCA.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
We all know feargus gets a little jumbled up in interviews.. did you have to type -everything- ver batim?

Like every cough and sniffle and stutter? Just write down the poor guys fucking answers.. how hard can this shit be?

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
[Rubs nose] ... [Places hands on keyboard and starts typing] Thanks for... [Pauses for a brief moment] ... [Presses backspace a few times] Good interview, thanks. [Pauses for a while again] ... [Rubs nose] I know it was edited but it still has too much unnecessary mumbling [Moves the mouse over "Post reply" button and clicks. The sound of the click resonates in his basement room]

Last edited:

Mustawd

:rpgcodex: I did it during work. My boss was like, "Hey, did you talk to so and so about making sure those BPC reports ran in from SAP?" And I was like, "Err...no, not yet. Just finishing up this thing".

I swear this was verbatim. Only good news is that the new BPC reports are totally fucked and no one is paying attention to the fact that I am a fucking Senor Accountant and was typing for an hour for no good reason. :|

EDIT: Doctor Sbaitso, why are ERP implementation such shit? I swear..it's like these consultants are trying to make life hard for us.

Mustawd

*Senior.

An example of what I do:

Description

The senior analyst of SEC reporting will report to the Director of SEC Reporting & SOX Compliance. This position's primary role is to assist in the development and preparation of the Company's SEC filings and external reporting.

SEC Filings:

Assist in preparation of SEC filings, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, S-4, and other filings, as well as maintenance of supporting documentation for all SEC related disclosures. Manage information request process to determine the information needed to support disclosures and appropriate follow-up procedures as necessary

Prepare footnotes/schedules and perform tie-out process to ensure completeness and accuracy of SEC disclosures and supporting documentation. Manage and review XBRL tagging for accuracy and completeness

Manage quality control procedures to ensure consistency between XBRL Rendering and Edgar files. Be a liaison with the external auditors to ensure that support and explanations for all requests are provided.

Complete disclosure checklist and other reporting checklists and procedures. Partner with Investor Relations to prepare analyst presentations and other materials, as required, to ensure consistency with SEC filings

Stay abreast of changes and activities in the Company and the industry to ensure that their effects are properly reflected in the SEC filings and other deliverables. Work cross-functionally with other groups and ensure compliance with SEC reporting requirements

Accounting Research:

Monitor and track U.S. GAAP and SEC developments and evaluating the impacts of new accounting and reporting rules

Analyze new and proposed accounting standards issued by the SEC and the FASB and assist in determination of disclosure requirements specific to the Company

Assist with accounting research efforts related to the operations of a global company, including the development of position papers on accounting matters

Basic Qualifications:

BA/BS in Accounting or Finance (or business related degree), CPA preferred

3-5 years of increasingly responsible public accounting (preferably Big 4) and/or financial accounting experience (such as SEC accounting/reporting or technical accounting).

Strong technical knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC accounting and reporting requirements and experience in dealing with SEC rules and regulations, internal controls and accounting systems.

Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal

Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint

Experience with Workiva Wdesk (formerly WebFilings) and Hyperion Financial Management a plus

Additional Qualifications:

Attention to detail, strong work ethic, keen analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to learn new systems and processes quickly

Demonstrated professional commitment, initiative, accountability and ownership of assignments

Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage competing priorities and bring projects to completion, adhere to tight deadlines and adept at handling change, while maintaining composure and focus.

Excellent time-management and organizational skills

Strong interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a team environment working with others

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
potato man
tumblr_n8clzvfi6V1tbh1dho1_400.gif

Good. Have a big chunk already transcribed. Will transcribe more tomorrow, maybe finish it. MCA speaks without ehhm so transcribing goes faster and will yield better results.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom