Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review [Quickie Nr. 001]: Konjad and Dragon Age 2

praetor

Arcane
btw that first screenshot definitely looks more like BG2 and not BG1 (it's part of a druid questline or something. that is the entrance to an area where you duel some dumb fuck and finish the quest iirc)

Notorious

Augur
For me DA2 was an average experience. It has some good ideas (Non epic plot, city adventure) but is ruined with the laughable writing.

But when you look at the modern games, like AC:B, Halo Reach, Crysis 2, F3 then it would be unfair to say it's worse than these games. (And I liked it better than DA)

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
No offense, but what the fuck...

...is AC:B?
...is the deal with comparing DA2 with Halo and Crysis?
...is wrong with you?
...are you talking about?
...ow I bit my tongue.
...I spilled my drink!

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Andyman Messiah said:
...I spilled my drink!

XXdYG.jpg

equus ex: quadruped revolution

The camera pans in on a moody horse in his penthouse stable - smoking unfiltered hay with his cybernetic forehooves that unlatch outwards and expand to make fingers.

His name is Andyman Jensen.

Gord

Arcane
The tragic story of one man up against the hivemind...

Nice review btw., didn't exactly make me wanna play the game, but I guess this may be a good thing?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Nah. i won't right an official codex review unless I get paid for it. It is a 'prestigious magazine' afretrall so it should be able to afford my masterpieces.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Is Konjad gonna be the next Volurn?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Volourn said:
Nah. i won't right an official codex review unless I get paid for it. It is a 'prestigious magazine' afretrall so it should be able to afford my masterpieces.
So you're saying you don't get paid to post here.

Ha!

Sucka!

Notorious

Augur
Andyman Messiah said:

...is wrong with you?
...are you talking about?
...ow I bit my tongue.
...I spilled my drink!

Maybe this is a better way to say it:

"For all the criticisms I've lobbed about in this review, Dragon Age II is an acceptable game. I found it to be a little bit repetitive and dull, but it's also fairly polished and well-presented, and more than playable. However, I hate the direction BioWare is going with their games, and I just sort of wish they'd develop a first-person shooter for the Xbox and get it out of their system, and then come back to where many long-time fans would like them to be -- striving to make role-playing games better than Baldur's Gate II, rather than coddling to the masses with acceptably simple action games that sell well."

Link to Review: http://www.gamebanshee.com/reviews/102251-dragon-age-ii.html

ortucis

Prophet
Andyman Messiah said:

1) Assassins Creed: Brotherhood... ?

2) All are action games.

I ended up doing a speed-run of the review. All I remember is "quickie, Konjad, to Grunker".

attackfighter

Magister
praetor said:
btw that first screenshot definitely looks more like BG2 and not BG1 (it's part of a druid questline or something. that is the entrance to an area where you duel some dumb fuck and finish the quest iirc)

It's the troll mound from BG2, you can see it on the bottom left corner of this map:
http://mikesrpgcenter.com/bgate2/maps/ar1900.html

Depends. Does Konjad have a NWN mod?

Does Volourn? If so I want to play it.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The action elements of the gameplay were slowly taking over role-playing elements in each of their games. This becomes clear if you move from Baldur's Gate on to Neverwinter Nights, onwards to Jade Empire and ahead to the newest Mass Effect.

The fuck is this? NWN is no more an action game than BG2 is. The only difference between them is that NWN is a single character game, so idiots don't get confused by a party. In other words, a throwback to old school popamole faggotry made by retards for retards like Fallout. :troll:

Also: "You will later try to resolve the problems of the city, but fortunately you do not have any great impact on an entire world; instead you actually influence the future of a single town just a little, which is an improvement over all the world- and galaxy-saving heroes in all the previous Bioware role-playing games."

Yeah, remember in BG2 when you were trying to save the world? Me neither.

Conclusion: this review is shit and konjad's a faggot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom