Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

R4 demo bugs and problems report thread

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Also, CS skill checks against Hamza always fail/partially succeed. I have CS at 9 (Dex is 9, too), but I only ever get partial success, and then Hamza instantly kills me. It's not possible to raise CS any higher, is it? I thought skill maximum was 9. What else is being checked? Am I missing something?

Hamza is a thousand times stronger in Ganezzar than he was in Maadoran. Maybe have him drink a potion or something in the dialogue to illustrate this, because I definitely don't remember him being this powerful.

EDIT: Ignore me, the max skill is 10. I didn't realise that.

EDIT: 10 is still insufficient to pass the CS check. Apparently, if you let Hamza into the castle it's a dodge check, not a CS check. I boosted dodge to 10 and succeeded, and then a lucky slash with a poisoned blade killed Hamza. Hooray for me!

Unfortunately, the game ends there; it doesn't let you go to Al Akia with Meru to get the Aegis, which I then wanted to take back to the Arch to find out what would happen.

Last edited:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anyway, next bug:

In Ganezzar, talk to the drunkard in the inn that Domitius Ulpian told you about. He will tell you where the old facility is and whatnot. On the map, however, you learn about the Dead River, Hellgate, and the Old Facility.

If you leave it like this, what is the point of the sick man who went to Dead River (located in lowtown, you talk to him through streetwise/alchemy)? Every character has access to Domitius Ulpian, and therefore access to the drunkard in the inn.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Next bug:

Enter hellgate, use the null to deactivate the guard. Bennie appears, fail the speech check so he won't help you. Enter hellgate alone (mind blown, btw, great job it's amazing), recover the spear, and return to Bennie.

bug: Bennie keeps asking for your help to get the spear, and saying he doesn't trust you. the "spear" is in my inventory.

Anyway, please put some more scrolls in the two libraries. There has to be something interesting in there.

EDIT: Also, the achievement for visiting hellgate and surviving doesn't fire. I lockpicked my way out and left the way I came in, but no achievement.

EDIT2: No SP for helping Bennie.

EDIT3: Why would I even help him, anyway? The Lore requirement for the nullity is the same as the requirement for shutting down the robots. Unless your character can't pass the intellect check, Bennie serves no purpose. I don't know what the spear does, but I'm definitely not giving it away for no benefit.

BUG: If you watch the constructs, they talk to themselves just like human characters.

Last edited:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
EDIT3: Why would I even help him, anyway? The Lore requirement for the nullity is the same as the requirement for shutting down the robots. Unless your character can't pass the intellect check, Bennie serves no purpose. I don't know what the spear does, but I'm definitely not giving it away for no benefit.
If you want to use the wards on yourself and do the ritual, he is the only one who can help you.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
If you want to use the wards on yourself and do the ritual, he is the only one who can help you.

Ah. Has that conversation been implemented yet? When I gave Bennie the spear, he didn't talk about going to Al Akia or anything. I don't have the tattoo kit, though, as I never fixed the machine in Saross.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
That's why. Basically, to get this ball rolling you need the kit and you need access to the medical lab in the monastery (will be added in the next update), either via the sewers portal or Zamedi, which requires being able to use the console, which requires a trip to Inferiae. I know it's a lot of work but you can't become a king of the world without some elbow grease.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
That's why. Basically, to get this ball rolling you need the kit and you need access to the medical lab in the monastery (will be added in the next update), either via the sewers portal or Zamedi, which requires being able to use the console, which requires a trip to Inferiae. I know it's a lot of work but you can't become a king of the world without some elbow grease.

My current character can do all of that, so it can certainly be done. I just didn't want to spend the SP to get Akabar to give up the details on the air pump stuff, because I wasn't sure what checks I'd need to pass in Hellgate/Dead River.

I would suggest having it be that you either learn how to use the console from the demon in Inferiae, or have high enough lore, or learn it from Zamedi or Hellgate. Right now, you don't need to learn how to use the console from the demon to do the following things with the computer console: activate the portal from Inferiae to Maadoran, deactivate the robots at hellgate, fire a defensive shock blast, check out the demons weakness in Zamedi. You can even fly the pyramid if you have high enough lore.

EDIT: Also, the demon at Zamedi kind of shows you how to use the console anyway. You go downstairs with him and watch him do everything; a high lore/int character could watch and learn, maybe ask an informed question or two.

Last edited:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
New bug:

Can't get the jellyfish anymore because the game always says "you're too far" when I want to click on the contraption inside the wall to fix it.

Also, there's a bit of text that says "temp".

Also: No SP for helping Hektor in Ganezzar; I completed all 3 quests, nothing.

Also: Trader at the Skyport stairs (the one who is being hassled by a zealot for some iron) doesn't show you his wares when you click "show me your wares".

Also: Even with 10 in lockpicks, you cannot open the lock on the imperial guard fort in teron.

Last edited:

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Not a bug, but optimization issues - my gtx970 jumps to 95% use in Library (upper and lower level) and Mountain Village (bandit camp part) locations. For comparison in Maadoran it is about 50-60% at most, usually lower. Maybe it is particle effects or something similar?
My settings http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=477737259

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom