Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

R4 demo bugs and problems report thread

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I've never had a problem attacking people on the ground, you get 95% chance to hit too.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
You callin' me a liar? HUH?!

Well, it must have been a fluke then. That's also good to know. And yes, before you ask, I had enough AP. Was at the beginning of my turn and I only spent 2 getting there.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Commander was knocked down, I moved as close to him as possible and never received the bulls-eye icon.
Knocked down how? Aimed attack? Hammer? Shield bash? Were you not able to target him at all? Was there any object on the ground that might have interfered? Can you replicate it? That would be helpful.

P.S. There is a healthy amount of grammar/English/awkward writing stuff. I'd be more than willing to help if you don't have a proof-reader, as that sort of thing bugs me to no end.
Would be much appreciated. PM me your fixes/suggestions.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Harmon encounter in the slums respawns.
And because that explains fuck all-
I took the guided tour thing from Leon, up to the very end where he and his mates decide it's a good idea to mug someone with a bodycount of 75+, and I proceed to demonstrate the deficiencies of their plan. Walk out that straight to Hermon/Harmon, and then tell him to fuck off. Then I proceed to kick their asses. Then I teleport to commercium, meet the healer, get patched up, talk to the youth outside the slum gates what wants a package delivered, I take that quest, into the slums, and there is dear Hermon again, waiting to bend over.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Knocked down how?

Crossbow. I think I know what it is and it's a bit silly if that's the case but so be it. Do you have to be near their torso as opposed to any other square near them?

Would be much appreciated. PM me your fixes/suggestions.

I'll take notes on my next play-through.

Btw, god-DAMMIT, man!!! These crashing-to-desktop moments out of nowhere are KILLING me. Moving on to my third instance of this fight, after having just won with a hit point left. BAM! Crash. What a great prize for me. :roll:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also-
Just to mess with peoples' heads, can you have some group, with someone of a similar name to Harmon/Hermon, replace this lot as the next protection crew the next time you walk into the slums after leaving?:troll:

Vault Dweller

Developer
Knocked down how?

Crossbow. I think I know what it is and it's a bit silly if that's the case but so be it. Do you have to be near their torso as opposed to any other square near them?
No, I don't mean that it's ok if it was a crossbow. I'm just trying to narrow it down to find the problem. You should definitely be able to kick them when they are down.

Btw, god-DAMMIT, man!!! These crashing-to-desktop moments out of nowhere are KILLING me. Moving on to my third instance of this fight, after having just won with a hit point left. BAM! Crash. What a great prize for me. :roll:
Apologies. We're working on it.

Saduj

Arcane
When in the top level of Abukar's tower, I clicked on the pathway outside the tower. My character ran through the side of the tower, then up as if climbing a flight of stairs and I was then able to run around the Trade District from this height.

On a positive note, my character's shadow behaved realistically and I was able to get back down through Abukar's tower.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
No, I don't mean that it's ok if it was a crossbow. I'm just trying to narrow it down to find the problem. You should definitely be able to kick them when they are down.

I'll have to report back the next time I'm in a position for it to happen again.

Also: WAITWAITWAITWAIT.

Are y'all seriously telling me that I'm forced to go to Maadoran after the Guild vs Guard fights?! Like, I can't simply walk out the door and make that decision on my own? And not only that...but once I'm in Maadoran I can't go back to previous locations? Well fuck me, dudes. If that's the design decision a warning would have been appreciated.

:mad:

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
You can leave on your own earlier. The rest are demo limitations.

No, I know I can leave earlier. But the whole reason I went on that Guild mission was to gain xp to finish up some other things I was unable to previously accomplish. Dammit! Anyway, glad to hear it's a demo limitation instead of a design decision. Just makes me look forward to the finished product even more.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Knocked down how?

The most important thing is which fight is it and where it happens. It's usually an issue with collisions being higher than the tiles. I need to know exactly which fight to check for the model. Thanks!

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Oscar, that The Battle at the Pass you gave me is ridiculously easy... even without doing any of the "upgrades" and with my character sitting back the entire fight the guards are strong enough to beat the enemies with like 3 guards still standing.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
The most important thing is which fight is it and where it happens. It's usually an issue with collisions being higher than the tiles. I need to know exactly which fight to check for the model. Thanks!

Assassins Guild vs Imperial Guards pt 1.

EDIT: P.S. Tried to discard my disguise during Assassins vs Thieves pt. 1 and game crashed to desktop.

Last edited:

Saduj

Arcane
Finally finished the final thief quest and it was definitely my thief and not the quest that was fucked unbalanced. :oops: I made the flawed character eventually work by going to an early save. I didn't want to start over in Teron again, but I'm pretty sure that I could have made things easier on myself with attributes distributed slightly differently. I've now played through demo with an Assassin, Praetor, Mercenary, Loremaster and Thief and to me, this was the most interesting ending to the demo I've seen with regards to what you're asked to do next. But the ending I got with my Daratan Praetor was definitely my favorite. Probably won't be playing again until final game is released.

Only bugs I've noticed other than crashes are: Some NPCs can be attacked without reacting to it (guys who took over Amerius' house), Calvus coming back to his original position after his quest was resolved non-violently and the ability to fly out of Abukar's tower.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
bonaktx.jpg

The usual spectral-projectiles of wall penetration bug.

They seem to work this way particularly if there is a break in the wall, like an open door or or even a door that was opened once and then closed.

Also SP for becoming King of Dragon Harran Pass, dammit. :x

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
If you're playing as a Praetor, opening the quest menu after Lord Gaelus dies crashes the game. It might even be after arriving in Maadoran, but I don't think so because I didn't have any quests I didn't have on other characters I got to Maadoran. Let me know if you need more information, I've run through the game with maybe 10 characters and this crash only seems to happen with Praetors after the event with the two men in the east wing of the castle.

hiver

yeah, yeah - i agree. Joining the cause.

It should be worth at least two SP per Legionnaire. I dont like those weird uneven numbers of SP for several people. :P

And some more for the whole deed.

hiver

i did put a brofist inside but it looked like some overblown reaction, so i ninja edited it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
We got it, thanks. Will be fixed.
That's because you can't do such awesome code as me:
Code:
(((c0 >>> c1) & 0x1) << 1);
It runs 5 hours now and without crash. It should be noted it's only on fourth iteration and I set fifteen.
Code:
1 - (((c0 >>> c1) & 0x1) << 1);
Actually it's this one.

Vault Dweller

Developer
If you're playing as a Praetor, opening the quest menu after Lord Gaelus dies crashes the game. It might even be after arriving in Maadoran, but I don't think so because I didn't have any quests I didn't have on other characters I got to Maadoran. Let me know if you need more information, I've run through the game with maybe 10 characters and this crash only seems to happen with Praetors after the event with the two men in the east wing of the castle.
A save game would be nice. Email it to info@irontowerstudio.com. Thanks!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom