Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

R4 demo bugs and problems report thread

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Found a bug in the latest version: if you talk your way past Dellar using the noble route, then ask to see Antidas again, and ask Antidas personally if there is anything you can do to help, Dellar will keep repeating the "Eager to help" line and the introductions to the quests indefinitely as you try to talk to him, even after visiting the bandit camp.

Also, very minor thing: there is a hovering crossbowman to the right of the palace entrance in Maadoran.

mRj2zzc.jpg

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Found a grammatical error. Play as an Assassin, go to Maadoran, complete the first mission, for the second mission betray the guild and kill the leader in exchange for knowledge, then step out of the shadows and kill Levir and his guards, then get inside the machine. The next dialogue contains this:

"You will live," informs you Iola in her usual, charming...

Should be,

"You will live," Iola informs you in her usual, charming...

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Played a bit more with a grifter character, and the same infinite looping problem with Dellar occurs after I have used persuade on Cassius but failed the perception check, and then talked to Dellar and getting summoned to Antidas, passing his persuasion check to trigger the quests to prove myself. After talking to the bandit leader, Dellar still just goes on with his "Eager to help" thing.

On the plus side, I had never actually seen that path before. Very nice to see Cassius get all smug like that. :lol:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
When you kill a guy who is already laying on the ground, the game's death description doesn't match up. I just finished off a guy I knocked out, and the game said he clutched his face with surprise before falling to the ground.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
In the fight against the gang that wants $1000 in the slums to pass by, if you run your character into the corner near the closest, small, brown-brick wood-roofed building, it is very difficult to target the enemies who approach you. Right now I have an enemy in a corner tile and I cannot click on him at all, no matter what angle I move the camera to.

EDIT: Just realized, if you stand on that tile nobody will attack you. Clearly I have found an ancient artefact... The Tile of Invisibility!

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Found a bug in the latest version: if you talk your way past Dellar using the noble route, then ask to see Antidas again, and ask Antidas personally if there is anything you can do to help, Dellar will keep repeating the "Eager to help" line and the introductions to the quests indefinitely as you try to talk to him, even after visiting the bandit camp.

Yep, this bug also occurs if you take the charisma/persuasion route to see Antidas immediately after saving Cassius.

This happened playing as an assassin, then choosing to kill Carrinas alongside Dias, then choosing to disguise yourself in merchant clothes instead of following Dias outside. Choosing to kill this guy will leave you stuck in the room. The door doesn't open anymore and the camera is fucked (reloading fixes the latter, but you still can't get out). The net effect is that you can't loot Carrinas' body.

71NSX4.jpg

hiver

You failed your lockpick check? pff...maybe you didnt put enough in traps so youre... trapped? :P

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
I went down into the well and retrieved Menes' bag, then I went into the chamber and explored, then I left the well and... wait. what happened to the bag? It's not in my inventory, and all I can say to the person outside is "down there" when he wants his cut. I'm confused.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
The content of the bag should have been added to your inventory when you reached the chamber. Unless we fucked up.

PS. Whether or not you give the guy his cut is up to you. The dialogue checks if you have enough money and if you have more than a hundred, you should get an option to give him something.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
The content of the bag should have been added to your inventory when you reached the chamber. Unless we fucked up.

PS. Whether or not you give the guy his cut is up to you. The dialogue checks if you have enough money and if you have more than a hundred, you should get an option to give him something.

What is in the bag, then? I had almost nothing in my inventory before doing the quest; all I noticed after coming up was the following: small sphere and map from the intro quest, forged paperwork from an incomplete Commercium quest, lots of small spheres and some blue steel ore from the chamber, loremaster outfit. Is there money in the bag? If so, I didn't get any because I didn't have 100 to give the guy outside the well.

railway

Educated
I ran into a possible dead end in the assassins quest line in Maadoran:
After killing Lorenza and getting teleported back to the guild house where Darista gives the quest to kill Serena, it's possible to start combat and kill Darista. Doing so leaves you trapped inside the guild house with no means to get out (it's not the "normal" instance of the guild house, saving the game there shows "Quest_AG5_AG6" as location).

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Found a big bug in the Aemolas storyline. When you defeat the 3 raiders after leading them back to Aemolas' house, the game just loops. You enter Aemolas' house, it asks you if you side with Aemolas or walk away. If you side with him, the fight begins. If you win the fight, the dialogue loops and ask you if you want to side with Aemolas or walk away. If you choose to side with him, the raiders are already dead so you just stand there with your weapon out. When you end combat, the game loops again and asks you if you want to side with him or leave. The loop doesn't end until you leave.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Another bug:

If you sneak past the broken demon in inferaie and turn on the machine downstairs, you hear the demon coming from behind you. if you choose to jump in the portal instead of preparing to fight, the game displays the text "NPC TEXT" and the only option is "jump in" which does nothing when you click it. The game effectively hangs.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
And another:

Finished the game via the thieves storyline. When I left the tower of zamedi at the end, it replayed the ending story from Teron. I left Zamedi by running away from the demon (hurray for 10 dexterity).

THEN, I backtracked and tried betraying the thieves and protecting Gaelius so that I could go to the pass and get the glove (I already have the eye and the power tubes). Unfortunately... I can't go buy the glove. When I arrive at the fort, I'm questioned, then I'm allowed to stay until morning, then I leave to the Ordu, then I return and am whisked away to Maadoran when I show Senna's letter. So... how can anybody get the glove without ending the game as IG, in which case how can anybody use the glove and the eye at the arch?

EDIT: Also, going back to the Inferaie bug, if you choose to wait and fight the demon, no demon appears. Then you can just walk over to the portal in safety.

EDIT2: ohhh, that's how you get the glove. Love this game!

For the Aemolus quest line, the following selection path has a bug:

sneak, sneak, sneak fail while digging, crit strike fail.

The crit strike fail says that you take one of them out of commission, but he takes a while to die and alerts the others. When the combat begins, there is a raider immediately next to you (presumably the one you just killed), but he's alive and well.

Really impressed by the arch, great job. Why am I so eager to ask about al-akia, though?

Last edited:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Also, is this a bug, you can both warn Gaeilus of the assassination, then go sort out the pass so that the Ordu don't come, and then proceed back to levir and assassinate him? When I go to Gaelus after stopping the Ordu at the pass, he just keeps asking me about a temple for some reason. Also, I can only show the Ghost Hand to the mad loremaster, not erebus.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
No worries, my pleasure. Let me test the full version and I'll have plenty more ;)

Anyway, here's another bug that I kind of don't want you to fix:

If you go to Darius tomb and spot the secret wall, you have some options to open it. Have the raiders help you, and then tell the raiders that the gold is in the arcane boxes (need lore for this). The boxes will kill x number of raiders, and then if you can't pass the streetwise/disguise check the remainder will attack you.

How do you survive the attack? Well, you don't have to. Just click on the sarcophagus when your combat turn begins, and combat will end; the dialogue will say that you have picked up the helmet, and then you can teleport back to Maadoran. The real bonus is that the Mithril Praetorian Armour will be in your inventory.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
In the Tower of Zamedi when you go up the elevator at the demon's behest, you can cause the graphics to glitch out by running over to the far wall where the most distant shelves are. It appears the game doesn't know what floor your on; everything disappears except the walls and the floor. It's just one particular tile.

Also, I noticed a graphical glitch in the Ordu camp. I'm sure that place is a work in progress, though, because you can run through 90% of the walls there. At any rate, the floor under the Bulgati guy's bed and the tent-post are bright red (I think the graphic is missing?).

If you go to Inferae, go down into the hole, avoid the demon, start the gate, leave inferae and return to Maadoran, then return to Inferae, the game is buggy. There is nothing to do except click the door to the hut of the old lady, but it says "leave" and when you click it the game plays the text about the villagers seizing you when you initially left the old lady's hut. When you go down into the hole, the demon is hanging around where you left him. If you run up and click on him, the game replays the whole scene from when you first landed in the hole as though it hasn't happened before (greet your host, fight, sneak). The game will go into dialogue mode, but the little graphic window will be in combat mode; you can click the text choices, but after you make your first selection you can see the combat playing in the little window. The demon will walk up and stab you while you read the text.

Last edited:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
If you save/load in Darius' tomb, sometimes the spotting of the false wall doesn't trigger. For example, I just had a character with 8 perception 9 intelligence find the tomb, then get killed by the raiders. I reloaded to the point immediately prior to discovering the secret wall, but now no matter how much I run around it doesn't trigger the secret wall discovery. I tried leaving and returning, no dice.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
If you go to the library of Saross and fix the machine and open the secret door and look at the tablets inside, then leave, the secret door will be closed when you return later. There will be no option to press the hidden button, so you can't get back in the secret room (the lights are still on, though). Also, the price of oil is really, really high right now; it costs over 2500 gold to buy the 5 jars of oil you need.

This is a problem because my character noticed there was hole in the tablet for something to go into. I left, went to Erebus to ask about the jellyfish (so he would tell me its a key), and then I returned to the library to see if I was allowed to put it in the hole... but the door is shut. My theory right now is that the jellyfish opens something in the library, or alternatively it opens that door at the monastery (haven't had time to really explore the monastery, just got in and had a brief conversation there once).

Is it normal to get constant CTDs in this game? My playthroughs become useless after a while since the game crashes (mostly when checking journal). Is it caused by corrupted saved games? is there a fix for this?

In the fight against the gang that wants $1000 in the slums to pass by,

A quick question about this part. To pass the area controlled by this guys your only options are killing them or paying an absurd amount of gold? (I need to interact with them to get to Neros and complete the package quest, right?)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom