Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Radical Heights - Cliff Bleszinski chases the next fad...and goes bankrupt, RIP

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Last edited by a moderator:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Can we pin this thread to the top? I want to find it whenever I feel sad, down and come here to cheer up.
Rest in pepperoni and good riddance!

giphy.gif

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://www.pcgamesn.com/boss-key-cancelled-projects

Boss Key's cancelled games include "feudalpunk" dragons and dog-tanks

In the wake of the closure of Lawbreakers and Radical Heights developer Boss Key Studios, its founder, Cliff Bleszinski, has been speaking about some of the games the team never got to make. And some of them sound amazing.

The highlight is a project that was codenamed DragonFlies. Cliffy describes it as a game in which “you were ninja/samurai in airships riding dragons fighting zombies with friends in a PvE ‘feudalpunk’ setting on floating islands.” That’s quite a lot to take in, but some of the concept art that was tweeted along with the description looks amazing, and I'm very excited by whatever 'feudalpunk' might have meant. Player characters were decked out in stylised takes on traditional samurai gear, and you could hatch, train, and enhance multiple classes of dragons for combat.

Sadly, however, the project never got off the ground. Blezinski says he pitched the game to multiple large publishers, including Microsoft, Sony, and EA. The need for a hefty investment, however, meant that it was never picked up.

Another project, codenamed ‘Rover’ was a multiplayer game initially planned for VR that saw teams of five duking it out from within canine-themed Walkers. It was a World of Tanks/Guns of Icarus-style endeavour in which some players would pilot walkers, while other acted as gunners or engineers. The third and final game was another VR endeavour named Donuts, which Cliffy describes as “Mario Kart on water with animals in VR,” intended as a spiritual sequel to Atari’s 1988 arcade game, Toobin’.

Obviously the closure of Boss Key means that none of these games is likely to ever come to pass, at least not in the format that Cliffy suggests. That’s obviously a shame, but it could be that some version of at least one of them finds an audience somewhere else one day.

Ash

Arcane
One down, 200 other game studios killing my beloved hobby with talentless and/or sellout drivel to go.

Sadly the reality is they're all here to stay, this "developer" just got unlucky/didn't have the marketing and business savvy to lull in the sheeple "gamers".

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Why is Cliff spreading hate speech?

Is this what one of those 4chan threads where everyone contributes one word to a letter looks like?

Came out remarkably well.

Sounds like something fantadomat would do
rating_lulz.gif
Hahahaha,i am not a chaner yet. For now the codex scratches my jadedness. :lol:

PS: Yeah it sounds like something i would do. How about guys,want to send a message to cuckyB?

Here is my first word:
Lopadotemachoselachogaleokranioleipsanodrimhypotrimmatosilphioparaomelitokatakechymenokichlepikossyphophattoperisteralektryonoptekephalliokigklopeleiolagoiosiraiobaphetraganopterygon!

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
He should have returned to the roots... create a re-imagination of Unreal or sth like that. He probably lost his path with all this Arena Battle & Mobile Phone things...

This actually made me look if someone attempted a remake of Unreal... something like this

Big Wrangle

He should go back to Epic and get them to continue working on that Unreal Tournament semi-abandoned thing.

mastroego

Arcane
You know I try to be a good person and not think ill of or wish suffering upon others, but every time I see this thread’s title I chuckle.
I share your feelings.
We should not be too proud of laughing at some other guy's financial misfortunes.
ON THE OTHER HAND, I suppose many of us belong to the category of gamers who have been called racist, bigot, sexist, despicable and hateful by default for years on and on, so, rationally speaking, we might just as well laugh and hate (a little?).

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/boss-key-cancelled-projects

Boss Key's cancelled games include "feudalpunk" dragons and dog-tanks

In the wake of the closure of Lawbreakers and Radical Heights developer Boss Key Studios, its founder, Cliff Bleszinski, has been speaking about some of the games the team never got to make. And some of them sound amazing.

The highlight is a project that was codenamed DragonFlies. Cliffy describes it as a game in which “you were ninja/samurai in airships riding dragons fighting zombies with friends in a PvE ‘feudalpunk’ setting on floating islands.” That’s quite a lot to take in, but some of the concept art that was tweeted along with the description looks amazing, and I'm very excited by whatever 'feudalpunk' might have meant. Player characters were decked out in stylised takes on traditional samurai gear, and you could hatch, train, and enhance multiple classes of dragons for combat.

Sadly, however, the project never got off the ground. Blezinski says he pitched the game to multiple large publishers, including Microsoft, Sony, and EA. The need for a hefty investment, however, meant that it was never picked up.

Another project, codenamed ‘Rover’ was a multiplayer game initially planned for VR that saw teams of five duking it out from within canine-themed Walkers. It was a World of Tanks/Guns of Icarus-style endeavour in which some players would pilot walkers, while other acted as gunners or engineers. The third and final game was another VR endeavour named Donuts, which Cliffy describes as “Mario Kart on water with animals in VR,” intended as a spiritual sequel to Atari’s 1988 arcade game, Toobin’.

Obviously the closure of Boss Key means that none of these games is likely to ever come to pass, at least not in the format that Cliffy suggests. That’s obviously a shame, but it could be that some version of at least one of them finds an audience somewhere else one day.

Hey CliffyB, your ideas suck ass. They're really, really bad.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I said this would happen if Boss Cuck made another multiplayer shooter. Even if it was good people wouldn't play it because of the stench of Lawbreaker's failure. I didn't even hear this game existed until they announced bankruptcy. Cliffy B is a retarded idiot and I hope he dies penniless in the gutter.

Elex

Arbiter
He should go back to Epic and get them to continue working on that Unreal Tournament semi-abandoned thing.
epic is swimmingnin money, they can even understand how is happening.

if he go back they will probally lose theyr good luck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom