Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rance Series

Jason Liang

Arcane
All four of Masamune's brides? :shredder:

Nice haircut Souun. You're not Natori, but you'll do I guess.

So, where's Suzume? :kingcomrade:

Well, the old Youkai King Kurobe is back to the party. Maybe Suzume turned into a devil?

I WANT TO BELIEVE.

The new design of Red Eye has been revealed too, goofy as fuck. Instead of a Toushin body he is using a Himmler or similar creature body.

I would post the images if I could, but there is something wrong with my account or something since I can't post picks.

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Well, the old Youkai King Kurobe is back to the party. Maybe Suzume turned into a devil?

I WANT TO BELIEVE.

The new design of Red Eye has been revealed too, goofy as fuck. Instead of a Toushin body he is using a Himmler or similar creature body.

I would post the images if I could, but there is something wrong with my account or something since I can't post picks.

There is something wrong with you account, since you also can't receive Conversations and I want to add you to a good one.

Nostaljaded

Savant
where's Suzume?
Where is Saneda?
There's some character development in the later series for them.
Check their individual page in Alicesoft wiki for spoilers.

Jason Liang said:
No Baba though.
He's dead in the canon route/1st Sengoku playthrough.

Will not be posting other friendly factions in X as some characters names/portraits might be dipping into spoilers territory.
1 example would be 1 particular JAPAN character in Rance Castle which is posted in previous page.

You are forewarned on visiting the extensive and up-to-date Alicesoft Rance wiki page if intend to play Rance Quest Magnum (Kalar & AL Church), Rance IX (Helman), Rance 03 (Leazas, Free Cities Alliance & former Helman) and in future Rance X. [It's a reliable lore refresher/filling the gaps for those that's up-to-speed with Rance JAP releases.]
Gameplay wise TheEntitledOne's listing is a pretty good gauge.

Jason Liang

Arcane
There is a disclaimer on the Alicesoft wiki's Rance X character page:
The following is a full list of the character portraits that have been revealed on the official Rance X Website. As of now, it remains incomplete and will be updated on a monthly basis leading up to the game's release.

According to Alicesoft, not all of the characters' listed affiliations on the website will be representative of their actual affiliation within the game.

So there's still hope for everyone.

And who knows, the game might also have a harem like Kichikou so even more possible characters.

Nostaljaded

Savant
I would say they may just be shifted around (especially for Rance Castle residents), the appearing characters are more or less fixed unless there are easter eggs characters.
E.g. Kanami in gameplay screenshots is under Leazas faction as there's no Rance faction, only a for-Rance-only slot. So they may/may not create a Rance-Castle faction slot in the final game.

Monsters
5drM5qT.png

M. AQVILA

Arcane
What Rance game would you recommend playing after Sengoku Rance? Is there any Rance game that comes even close to the depth and awesomeness of Sengoku?

If you don't mind playing a non-canon game then Kichikuou Rance, it's my favorite and is also a SRPG like SR. I didn't like Rance VI (the worst of all the translated games in my opinion) but I might be in the minority here.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
If you're asking for a download link, it literally took me all of 2 minutes to google it.

OndrejSc

Full Auto
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Guys, since Kesselring used to be a female Kalar... do you think that he will be reverted back to a female so Rance can fuck him/her in Rance X?

"You've never heard of Rance? He's the guy that made Kesselring cum in less than twelve parsecs!"

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
hu hu hu

Little Princess boss battle.

"リア女王は魔軍に囚われた"

...fucking no. Let me guess, we have to suffer this shit while the worst slave has plot armor? FUCK NO.

"涅槃寂静モード"

lul wat? Who the fuck is wielding the Escude Sword? megacuck Arios still? AND THIS IMPLIES THAT ALL THE WAIFUS ARE DEAD!

"何度でも繰り返し、絶望の中から人類を救う真の未来を掴み取れ!"

b-but I can't take those scenes, you assholes. Bad ends in IX already were absolute cancer.

"200+ characters appear in the game"

BUT HOW MANY ARE FUCKABLE?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
hu hu hu

Little Princess boss battle.

"リア女王は魔軍に囚われた"

...fucking no. Let me guess, we have to suffer this shit while the worst slave has plot armor? FUCK NO.

"涅槃寂静モード"

lul wat? Who the fuck is wielding the Escude Sword? megacuck Arios still? AND THIS IMPLIES THAT ALL THE WAIFUS ARE DEAD!

"何度でも繰り返し、絶望の中から人類を救う真の未来を掴み取れ!"

b-but I can't take those scenes, you assholes. Bad ends in IX already were absolute cancer.

"200+ characters appear in the game"

BUT HOW MANY ARE FUCKABLE?
There isn't a moonrune rating, so I hope you'll settle for bad spelling.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom