Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rance Series

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oda Kou grew up.
Still not legal.

dzk3ngtj85ts1jwwfmd3.jpg

K. Said that she is legal by Rance X.

So, on 4chan, so I have encountered the guy from the team translating Dance series, they apparently are on the Dex. I wonder if they lurk in this very thread.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
So, on 4 chan, so I have encountered the guy in the team translating Dance series, they apparently are on the Dex, even. I wonder if they lurk in this very thread.

Truly the Codex has everything. Too bad the latest game will take about 2-4 years to be fully translated if it's so big.

Stream with some gameplay:

Starts at 14:00.

The dungeon that shows up is an alien ship. An Horus ship (I think they retconed Megallas out of existance and replaced him with several members of his race).

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
On the other hand, we got confirmation that the vampire guy with those maids is in. That is cool.

Still hope to see more about Devils and Angels in this last game.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Shhh. I'm well aware, but his attire is obviously callback to Dracula/Castlevania series and he was transformed into a male (so he is a guy, now, kind off. At least his body is).

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
An Horus ship (I think they retconed Megallas out of existance and replaced him with several members of his race).

Lul wat? Wasn't the second Horus called "Meglass"?

I am not sure how I feel about the gameplay.

I mean, random trash fights give you "cards" and those cards can be... well, you get a choice between random lvl. 35 samurai and Io. Or the earlier one where you choose between Athena #2 and Tulip. Does this mean that if you don't pick the card, you'll never get any events for the character in question? And are the rewards fully random all the time?

That seems pretty cheap. Kinda like with the bonus chars in Sengoku. But this is the final game, damn it.

Rance is a humble man.

MmELzDI.png

How many turns of revolt follow?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I am not sure how I feel about the gameplay.

I mean, random trash fights give you "cards" and those cards can be... well, you get a choice between random lvl. 35 samurai and Io. Or the earlier one where you choose between Athena #2 and Tulip. Does this mean that if you don't pick the card, you'll never get any events for the character in question? And are the rewards fully random all the time?
It looks pretty simple, but so does sengoku at first. Admittedly the random rewards seem really derpy, especially if that's how you get characters.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Rance is a humble man.

MmELzDI.png

How many turns of revolt follow?
Can we have translations?

But I love all these revolts that happened because of Rance's megalomaniac behavior. That's part of Rance's charm.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
We need a special laughing image for that scene. A standard Rance image isn't enough.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
1 day, 5 hours, 49 minutes and 10 second remain.

PEzJZpa.jpg

Young man, is your body ready for true incline?

Old man, is your soul ready for the crushing emptiness of Rance being over?

Remember:
Rick confirmed a fated girl for Rance.

XCjLyW6.jpg

I'm going to play along and not pretend the main heroine isn't Sill.

Apparently I can post images again (I can see them at least).

Behold Red Eye.

s2I6Lkv.png

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
That is not red eye. This is red eye.

SPOILARZ BELOW

Q9vIuKv.jpg

Humanity is fucked and it is only turn 1. Top kek.

YASSSS! WORST SLAVE CHANGE IMMINENT! (from settings menu)

tNo9Igl.jpg

Last edited:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
If you screw up
World gets reset and Squidmen are the new protagonist race that replaces humans.

14-16 endings (if the ??? is an ending)

d0z6cEB.jpg

And most of them are bad ones. Yes, really fucking bad ones.

Alicesoft spends 30 years building up those characters, then forces you to watch them get killed and/or raped.

rancepalm.jpg

Highly recommend playing the game blind, without quite understanding Japanese. You'll have fun, trust me.

Jason Liang

Arcane
I wonder if hope that a Chinese translation will come sooner than an English translation. Evidently Rance Quest and Rance IX have both been (fan?) translated into Chinese already.

Last edited:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Alicesoft spends 30 years building up those characters, then forces you to watch them get killed and/or raped.

Highly recommend playing the game blind, without quite understanding Japanese. You'll have fun, trust me.
Isn't being raped things that some characters want?

I wanna fan translation.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Isn't being raped things that some characters want?

Dude...

There are literal guro scenes here, girls with intestines coming out from their vag, preggers getting raped etc.

You really, really don't want to lose countries.

Also...

ztMGj9A.jpg

This route is beyond mere edgelording.

Seriously, spoils shit bad
Demon King Rance kills his own kids in the end

Last edited:
DK route seems some fucked up shit (but not sure if evil DK is the only option there).

About DK...

There are several images of the different Demon Kings from the past. A DK Boss battle rush related to the creator phase maibe?

Many images about characters after a timeskip, including a zillion Rancespawn

apparently everyone's favourite ninja gets reincarnated as the clumsiest ninja's daughter.

He might even have a HANNY kid

Where can I buy this anyway?

This websites?

http://dlsoft.dmm.co.jp/detail/alice_0046/
http://www.a-cute.jp/OfficialDownloadStore/alice/?pg=2&icd=10320

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
What if I don't even remotely read moonrunes?

Pretty sure I'll wait. But I guess that at least the next dozen pages of this thread will be dangerous.

Use a text translator + text hooker combo as I do. At least if you set it properly you can get the overall meaning of shit.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Now, the most important question.

Is there a route where you fuck up that cursed Whale?

Use a text translator + text hooker combo as I do. At least if you set it properly you can get the overall meaning of shit.
Also, can you gib link to what you use?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom