Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rance Series

Rance4ever!

Literate
Also can someone tell me how do you get the cheat engine to work properly? I opened it, opened the RanceX.exe process and then opened the Cheat table but I can't open the first option to choose the cheat bonuses. Its stuck at unopen!

https://imgur.com/eiS3Qec

dark knight

Literate
how did the hornet faction lose the war? And why dont meglass appear in the series finale?

Rance4ever!

Literate
Ok I figured out how to open up the table menu in Cheat Engine but after I click on the choices there is no effect in the game. Every time I choose one of the options below:
生命最大 MAX HP
?面秒? ALWAYS CRIT
掉落率最大 TREASURE RATE 100%
??最大 MAX EXP
食券/金?最大 MAX MEAL TICKETS/GOLD BARS
徽章最大 MAX MEDALS (turn off immediately after starting new run, else get stuck in a loop)
友情?最大 MAX FRIENDSHIP POINTS
Point最大 MAX GAME SCORE

The cheat does not activate.
There is nothing under the Value or Type columns except this message: Array of ByteOFF
I tried double clicking it and chose Byte4 but there is still no change. I reloaded, I loaded a new game no change or effect. I did not scan it, should I have done a first scan and then activate the cheat boxes? How do you turn on the cheat tables? Did I change something in settings I shouldn't have done? I used this Youtube vid for tutorial and wonder if modifying my settings stopped the cheat table from going into effect??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUY9KcFf2Ho&t=264s

Some help please! How did you get the cheat table to work?

Jason Liang

Arcane
how did the hornet faction lose the war? And why dont meglass appear in the series finale?
Since Satella was frozen in the Horus ship with Rance for 3 months, she couldn't stop Kay-chan from bullying Warg to join him. Once he had Warg, Kay-chan captured Hornet so Hornet faction collapsed.

Meglass got killed off-screen. It's lame.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Ok I figured out how to open up the table menu in Cheat Engine but after I click on the choices there is no effect in the game. Every time I choose one of the options below:
生命最大 MAX HP
?面秒? ALWAYS CRIT
掉落率最大 TREASURE RATE 100%
??最大 MAX EXP
食券/金?最大 MAX MEAL TICKETS/GOLD BARS
徽章最大 MAX MEDALS (turn off immediately after starting new run, else get stuck in a loop)
友情?最大 MAX FRIENDSHIP POINTS
Point最大 MAX GAME SCORE

The cheat does not activate.
There is nothing under the Value or Type columns except this message: Array of ByteOFF
I tried double clicking it and chose Byte4 but there is still no change. I reloaded, I loaded a new game no change or effect. I did not scan it, should I have done a first scan and then activate the cheat boxes? How do you turn on the cheat tables? Did I change something in settings I shouldn't have done? I used this Youtube vid for tutorial and wonder if modifying my settings stopped the cheat table from going into effect??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUY9KcFf2Ho&t=264s

Some help please! How did you get the cheat table to work?

I don't know if the cheat engine works anymore after the newest patch.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
When playing X with the VN Reader apps, I noticed that sometimes fantasy names (Usually written in katakana) would get romanized wrongly, like Sill translated into seal, and the Hannys translated as honey.

Is this an intentional joke by the developer? That the kana they use for writing the fantasy names and stuff can be romanized into silly words, yet their official romanization is pure fantasy words? I might be far-reaching, but, for example, when you read the kana for Hanny as honey, and apply it to the name of their skill, it becomes honey flash, which is transformation catchphrase for Cutie Honey, and this is a series that is full of anime and other pop culture references (there's Lupin The Third in Helman)

Moreover, Rance translated as "lance" still sounds somewhat fitting for him, too.

Rance4ever!

Literate
I don't know if the cheat engine works anymore after the newest patch.

Oh my god call an ambulance I'm going to have a heart attack! :dead:

Since Satella was frozen in the Horus ship with Rance for 3 months, she couldn't stop Kay-chan from bullying Warg to join him. Once he had Warg, Kay-chan captured Hornet so Hornet faction collapsed.

Meglass got killed off-screen. It's lame.

Wait a second THAT'S the plot?!
I thought there was some kind of devious or underhanded method Kaybliss used or it was similar to Kichikuou Rance with Rance having killed off quite a few of Hornet's allies (Noce, Ithere, etc) that the squirrel Zerg rushes Hornet to death. But to realize... THIS IS ALL RANCE'S FAULT and its not just because he killed off a bunch of Hornet allies but the in the very prologue of X he caused the whole mess to begin with! I'm not gonna rage too hard I will just say this: For a Last Game this is so rushed and left so many unfinished plot holes they make Rage (the Game) look like a comprehensive story...

Not to mention Warg can put Ludo Rathowm to sleep, so Kaybliss must have overdosed on that Red Bull otherwise Warg can take off her clothes and run away to a new home or joined Hornet or fled to JAPAN, etc.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Kayblis was so paranoid that he mutated himself so that he wouldn't be able to sleep. He even has sleep immunity in his boss fight.

Rance4ever!

Literate
Kayblis was so paranoid that he mutated himself so that he wouldn't be able to sleep. He even has sleep immunity in his boss fight.

You played the game right? In all his forms (DK and regular) Kaybliss can sleep. He has high sleep resist but Warg can 50% of the time get him asleep and Elena 10% of the time gets the job done. Tested through multiple playthroughs on HARD mode.

Is this just canon and not gameplay wise?

I still feel like something was missing from this story. Hornet losing so easily and the way Kaybliss prosecuted the war and shit this feels unsatisfying to me. Its still a great game but feels like there is something left out I can't quite place where. Maybe the fact there are a million characters they try to cram together made each character's story way too short.

Also

Why in Ludo Rathowm's green earth did they NOT make an H Scene for Lia?!!! Forget the Kaybliss tentacle guro, Lia is the only major girl who lacks any H-scene of her own other than off-screen sex and her nude version. What the hell is with that?! Why is it Magic, Sill, Aten, etc all get their share while Lia gets shafted?!! For the Final Game too! Also Armitos needs her love scene with Rance (the cockblock in Rance Quest is unforgiveable) and Big Sis Alkanese needs some love too! What was Rance (or the Whale) thinking when they left out such major and important characters like this?! Where's the love here? Is TADA screwing with us as a final torture. I feel like I just got teased and left hanging with nothing for Lia and the other girls... :(

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
Is this just canon and not gameplay wise?

I think I misread the resistance status in the fight, I never bothered to try to sleep him since I never had Warg when I fought him.
Canonically he hasn't slept in 3000 years.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Official Japanese Male Poll results are up, but no cool graphic translation yet-

http://blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4930637.html
http://alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Rance_X:Popularity_Poll

50. Chochoman Public
50. Mouri Motonari Jr.
50. Nelson Server
50. Alex Valse
50. Scholar
48. Babolat
48. Pi-R
47. Master Fencer (I think)
45. Kincaid Brambla
45. Oruore the 3rd
42. Meglass
42. Kabachahn the Lightning
42. Ex Banquet
41. Pitten Chao
39. Souun
39. Leazas White Army Lieutenant Ogier Lott Stein
37. Tourin
37. Kurobe
31. Poron Chao
31. British
31. Barres
31. Hanny King
31. ALICE Templar
31. Cola (I think)
30. Sieg
29. Bird
28. Masamune
25. Gengorou Shinoda
25. Gigai
25. Ragnarokarc Super Gandhi
23. Mi Lordring
23. Harmonica Man
22. Paperboi
21. Hubert

1527493468349.png

10. Dark Rance
9. El
8. Brovio
7. Rocky
6. Lei
5. Patton
4. Rick
3. Kay-chan
2. Nagata-kun
1. Rance
In other news, evidently Sengoku Rance supports multiplayer.

Last edited:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Top 5 Alice Soft gurls

1. Alice

y6SckhS.gif

2. Kenshin chan

L6SspVn.png

3. Grecia Goebbels

Ix0mGW4.png

4. Senhime

FCHeK2Q.jpg

5. Hazuki

a0tgKbf.jpg

Top 5 Alice Soft boiz

1. Rance

cgmz7mm.jpg

2. Rance

cgmz7mm.jpg

3. Rance

cgmz7mm.jpg

4. Rance

cgmz7mm.jpg

5. Rance

cgmz7mm.jpg

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

Rance4ever!

Literate
Gandhi
They way he died (like a fucking moron) is probably a big reason.

Whoa care to share...

How did Gandhi die?? Also did Magic die too in the Medusa Suppression Quest? Who all died in canon during the course of the story?

Rance4ever!

Literate
Didn't you see the CG of

Kaoru and Wichita

getting snek'd?

That's Gandhi dead in the corner. And his girls got that done to them because Gandhi was being Gandhi.

...and that is canon :negative:

I may have missed that sorry. My friend the Left Ctrl button and the Skip function was liberally used as I was grinding playthroughs. I still can't believe my superior eyesight missed that 0.1 second frame as I was going comatose farming to get that needed drop.

Oh well. But still
Kaoru and Wichita were not really that valuable to me. They were only in Rance 06 I believe. I remember Ran in Sengoku was much more painful to lose. And Gandhi is a man so Rance is like whatever. At least Magic made it out ok! And so did Rizna :)

Do you know what happened in the Leazas Demon Suppression campaign...
If you chose Silky you lost La Hawzel and vice versa. What happened to the other Demon girl if you picked one over the other?? Why is it choosing one of the Demon girls makes the other one disappear and you go right to fighting Lexington instead? Did the other girl die off-screen? And canonically which demon girl did Rance rape save? Was it Silky or La Hawzel? Or somehow BOTH??

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
Canonically it doesn't matter which one you choose in Leazas mission 1. The other one just gets detained in monster realm for the rest of the war.

Rance4ever!

Literate
Did anyone make a record of all the bugs in Rance X? I noticed when I got Naked Julia character, she has NO skills at all. She does not auto attack either. Is this just a bad install or did other people get the same issue with Julia?

Are there other documented bugs in this game that the patch missed? I think you can put down the Base Phase quests as a bug. They override low priority quests with higher or new quests you unlock. They should just list all the accessible Base Quests not limit it to a small random number.

They need a new patch or (hopefully) a Magnum expansion for this game.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
Some characters aren't meant to have skills at all, such as Cola and Kamilla. And the game has had multiple patches, I think the latest one added the Zeth trio.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom