Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Random JRPG News Thread

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Seinarukana is now available on Steam:

LJ40

Cipher
I know it is not a jrpg but ace combat 7 is coming to pc:

It looks like a return to the original ace combat formula instead of the realistic bullshit of the previous game.
:shredder:

Not sure how many dudes I'd have to plunk in the trunk to actually be gay enough for a flight sim. Rest assured the world at large knows you're a shit-taste faggot.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
KEMCO released their mobile RPG Tears Revolude on Steam:

ss_f1f7cb10551dd9b52f4bb2d3f1267eae4c660052.600x338.jpg

ss_5c1d661ee2abeb2b1c2b523f77886b7047af5858.600x338.jpg

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Looks like now DMM Games (big online-centric Japanese publisher and distributor) is publishing on Steam. First game is a hack and slash action RPG called "OBCIDIAN" LEGACY.

And...this also is out now.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/568190/discussions/0/144513670977990486/

Shouldn't it be OBSIDIAN Legacy?

The JP version clearly says OBSIDIAN LEGACY not OB(C)IDIAN LEGACY.

Due to some copyright concerns, the game is Obcidian Legacy outside of Japan.

And they think it's OK with "Obcidian"? Wonder if they concerned about Obsidian Entertainment.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Force is coming to Steam on February 14:

Looks like it'll support Japanese and Chinese languages from day one, which means, I guess, now Idea Factory is even more serious about Steam releases.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
So do any of these Idea Factory games have any gameplay merits or are they just weeb shit?

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So do any of these Idea Factory games have any gameplay merits or are they just weeb shit?
Mostly the latter. Their games have some fun ideas with combat at times, but since most of it is grindy/easy there's no point. I say this as someone who likes some of their games.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Chaos Wars seemed OK and not 100% generic from the little I tried, but it was only the beginning.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Force is coming to Steam on February 14:

Looks like it'll support Japanese and Chinese languages from day one, which means, I guess, now Idea Factory is even more serious about Steam releases.

I hope it will have a discount for current owners if the original game.

Jinn

Arcane
Atelier Sophie is released.:bounce:

Interested to see some impressions on this. My weeb meter is going through the roof, but if the gameplay makes up for it I may want to give it a spin. I have this horrible compulsion to buy JRPGs on steam just because I want Japanese developers and publishers to have an incentive bring their games to PC.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Damascus Gear is just a basic Action RPG, by the way, before anyone gets excited by the description. Level based Diablo loot and leveling, but with a pretty fun mech backdrop.

Wonder what NISA is planning. So far they haven't royally fucked up translations/publications.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
And before that, they'll release Artdink's historical management game Neo Atlas 1469 on Steam next week:

Is this the new old Uncharted Waters? Because if it is, I am sold

Hm, it sounds not quite that.

You play the role of the Master of a Trading Company in 15th century Europe with the goal of mapping out the four corners of the earth, to show the world what lies beyond the unknown. You’ll need to enlist the help of various admirals to help create a map of the world. By choosing to accept the reports of their discoveries to fashion your very own World Map. Some reports may be mundane but valid, while some may sound like they’ve fought mythical creatures. Depending on what you believe and the decisions you make, your World Map will begin to take shape.

Neo Atlas 1469 Key Features:

Choose Your Admirals Wisely
The key to success is selecting the right Admiral depending on the circumstances. Organize your fleets and send them to explore unknown waters and ruins to help you map out the world.

Ships! Ships Ships!
Ships are an integral part in the game as they allow you to explore the world over. There are many interesting ships to unlock each with their own strengths and weaknesses!

Establish and Secure Your Trade Routes
You need to pay your admirals wages and keeping a functioning fleet does not come cheap. As you progress in the game, you will discover exotic goods from newly discovered lands. Set up new trade routes and make a nice profit!

Hunt for Hidden Treasure
Many treasures are hidden all over the world, waiting for you to discover. By unlocking the “Dowsing” tool you can detect valuable treasures more easily!

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Interested to see some impressions on this. My weeb meter is going through the roof, but if the gameplay makes up for it I may want to give it a spin. I have this horrible compulsion to buy JRPGs on steam just because I want Japanese developers and publishers to have an incentive bring their games to PC.

The current gen tanked in Japan, so they have a strong motivation to port their games to PC.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Now the Ghost brings teasing to the new ground: http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/what-games-would-you-like-to-see-come-to-pc

In other news, we’re getting closer to signing some more games to bring to PC, but unfortunately we’re still waiting for everything to be agreed before I can tell you about them.

While we’re on the subject of signing new games, I was wondering what Japanese games you’d like to see ported over to PC?

These days there are quite a few more publishers bringing Japanese games to PC then there were back in 2013 when we brought the original Agarest across. But there are still loads of great Japanese games that haven’t come to PC just yet. So, regardless of if it’s something you think we could realistically pick up, please let us know which games would excite you the most. After all, you never know what might be available one day. :)

flyingjohn

Arcane
Samurai Warriors - Spirit of Sanada coming to PS4 and PC on May 23 in NA:

Still no warriors orochi 3 for pc omega force!!!
:argh:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
From NISA press event:

New announcement
Ys 8 is coming to PC, PS4 and Vita by NISA this Fall

Release date announcements:
Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy / PC - March 27
Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness / PC - April 27
Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy / PC, Vita - May 16
Cladun Returns: This is Sengoku! / PC, Vita - June 6

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
For the completeness' sake, here are all the announcements from the event including non-PC and non-RPG releases, courtesy of RPGSite and Gematsu:

New announcements:
Ys VIII (PC, PS4, Vita) - Fall 2017
Tokyo Tatoo Girls (PC, PS4) - Summer 2017 - Trailer
Touhou Kobuto V (PS4, Vita) - Summer 2017 - Trailer
RPG Maker Fes (3DS) - Summer 2017 - Trailer
Culdcept Revolt (3DS) - Summer 2017 - Trailer

Release date announcements:
Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy (PC) - March 27
Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (PC) - April 27
Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy (PC, Vita) - May 16 (NA), May 19 (EU)
Disgaea 5 Complete (Switch) - May 23 (NA), May 26 (EU)
Cladun Returns: This is Sengoku! (PC, Vita) - June 6 (NA), June 9 (EU)
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (PS4, Vita) - September 26 (NA), September 29 (EU) (PC announcment will likely coming from SpikeChunsoft)

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Samurai Warriors - Spirit of Sanada coming to PS4 and PC on May 23 in NA:

Still no warriors orochi 3 for pc omega force!!!
:argh:

Someone explain to me Dynasty / Samurai Warriors; I want to try and get into this series. Which are the good ones for the PS4? And could someone explain to me the differences between the normal games and the Empire games. Do they have some kind of empire sim gameplay, as the name might imply?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom