Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Random JRPG News Thread

Hobo Elf

Arcane
From the Yakuza team:
http://gematsu.com/2017/08/yakuza-studio-announces-fist-north-star-game-hokuto-ga-gotoku-ps4
Sega’s Yakuza Studio has announced Hokuto ga Gotoku, a Fist of the North Star (Hokuto no Ken) game developed by the studio behind Yakuza, for PlayStation 4. It will launch in Japan in 2018.

The action adventure game will star Fist of the North Star series protagonist Kenshiro, voiced by Yakuza‘s Kazuma Kiryu voice actor Takaya Kuroda, and feature a completely new story set in “Eden,” the great entertainment district of century’s end where the hopes and desires of the people assemble. Players will be able to enjoy various action and exploration, including Yakuza series-style play spots.

Here’s an overview of the story and protagonist:
Story

Due to the hell fire of the final war, every living thing seemed to have been destroyed. However… humanity was not annihilated.

An era has arrived where all civilzations were blown away and none were produced. A world where the strong compete for the little food and resources left behind, and where violence dominates.

In the corner of such a world was a place called “The City of Miracles.” That city’s name is “Eden.”

Eden has an inexhaustible supply of water and electricty from the giant dome-shaped “Sphere City,” a relic of the old world overlooking the city, and that blessing provided for it to become an entertainment district. The people of Eden live a rich live unimaginable in this era. It is an indescribable city that can only be hailed as a miracle.

One day, a lone man at the end his wandering finally arrives in Eden. That man’s name is Kenshiro. He was a denshosha of Isshi Souden no Ansatsuken and Hokuto Shinken.

This man, master of the invincible fist, seemed to be fortune’s favorite of this era dominated by violence. But Kenshiro’s heart was full of despair and there was only one hope left to live for.

Kenshiro’s only hope was a rumor that his beloved fiancee Yuria, who was thought to be dead, is living in Eden.

However, Kenshiro’s slight hope was in vain, as the city tightly sealed by castle gates and refused entry of people from the outside…

What will Kenshiro, who wants to enter Eden at any cost, do…? And what is the fate that awaits Kenshiro beyond his pursuit of Yuria…?

Pursuing “love” in the setting of a mysterious city, a man named Kenshiro gets caught up in the torrent of fate named destiny.

The curtain will rise on another legend of the savior.

Kenshiro (voiced by Takaya Kuroda)
A denshosha of Isshi Souden no Ansatsuken and Hokuto Shinken handed down for the long period of 1,800 years. He has seven scars that make the shape of the Big Dipper cut into his chest. Defeated by Nanto Koshuken user Shin, and his fiancee Yuria stolen from him, he again overcomes death and carries out his revenge.

:mca:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
8th volume of Kou Shibusawa Archives, as always Japanese language only:

Sangokushi Eiketsuden:

ss_97e511f778ff720d2b8b151286a48c83c373581f.600x338.jpg

Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII with Power Up Kit:

ss_14882fa1079f3d7160d9013d8ad08095957a5a6b.600x338.jpg

NOBUNAGA’S AMBITION: Reppuden with Power Up Kit:

ss_11b90942233c62d08147c212d5ecfa4cc15bb2f9.600x338.jpg

This is for English speaking gaijins:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Magic scroll tactics, a japanese indie sidescrolling TRPG currently in development, just got its demo translated.

The demo is actually not 100% translated but it's playable and very promising, the game is fun, it's really cool that the game is getting a translation.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
SINNER: Sacrifice for Redemption, that Chinese (Hong Kong, actually) Souls mocked on the internet around July:

ss_283bc782ece20b85aeb9452d94159c9d78c504f1.600x338.jpg

ss_66303ad4597ceee228f1c2ff03bc66d795836cde.600x338.jpg

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://gematsu.com/2017/09/lost-child-coming-west-2018

The Lost Child coming west in 2018

NIS America is bringing The Lost Child to North America and Europe for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in 2018, the company announced.

A PlayStation 4 limited edition including a copy of the game, official soundtrack, official hard cover art book, and collector’s box is now available for pre-order at the NIS America Online Store.

Here’s an overview of the game, via NIS America:

About

Occult journalist, Hayato Ibuki, encounters a strange girl during his investigations into a series of mysterious suicides in Tokyo. She implores that Hayato must live, before bestowing upon him a mystical device that allows him to capture celestial and arcane creatures. He is now thrust into a world beyond our own, home to horrific monsters and celestial beings. In it, he must delve into dungeons called Layers and solve the mystery of the device. Where his journey leads him could decide the fate of the our world…

Key Features
  • Mythology Unbound – Features 50+ entities from myths and legends to capture, each with three unique forms to progress through!
  • Spread the Wealth of Knowledge – There are more than 250 skills to learn and distribute among your party of captured Astrals.
  • The Infinite Abyss Awaits – Test yourself against massive dungeons with up to 99 floors of deathly dangers!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Whatever this is: http://gematsu.com/2017/09/accel-world-vs-sword-art-online-coming-pc-via-steam-september-12

Accel World vs. Sword Art Online coming to PC via Steam on September 12

Accel World vs. Sword Art Online is coming to PC via Steam on September 12 as Accel World vs. Sword Art Online Deluxe Edition, Bandai Namco announced.

The PC version will include the full game in addition to the “Castaway from Another World,” “SAO Origins,” and “SAO Ordinal Scale” downloadable content packs.

Accel World vs. Sword Art Online is available now for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita.

Trailer for console versions:

Looks like now Bamco's expanding their PC release initiative even to niche anime games. So Digimon when?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

ss_b26de6ed976e88f895ec7e9715777628c8bdf497.600x338.jpg

AFAIK this is the first game on Steam made with SRPG Studio (the tool the original Fire Emblem creator used to make his own indie SRPG). But the game itself doesn't sound like particularly interesting, and seems like it's using default sprites from the tool. Just like many other uninspiring games made with RPG Maker, I guess.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I have no expectations, since the engine is just a tool after all, but if it's cheap enough I might be able to give it a shot.

Inspired by Warsong
So the MC is Abel. Get it? It's just like the games you guys.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Whatever this is: http://gematsu.com/2017/09/accel-world-vs-sword-art-online-coming-pc-via-steam-september-12

Accel World vs. Sword Art Online coming to PC via Steam on September 12

:what:

MINIMUM:
  • Processor: Core i5-4460 3.2GHz
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: GeForce GTX970 4G
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 30 GB available space
RECOMMENDED:
  • Processor: Core i5 7500 3.4GHz
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: GeForce GTX1060 6G

ss_6c4f73d419a514f308f3650240a85c7dd010bd0a.600x338.jpg

:notsureifserious:

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Is dothek even gud? I saw my friend playing it, it has a cool bike, yay, but everything else looks like typical ps2 stuff.

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
http://gematsu.com/2017/09/okami-hd-ps4-xbox-one-pc-launches-december-12-north-america-europe

Okami HD for PS4, Xbox One, and PC launches December 12 in North America and Europe

Okami HD will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC both physically and digitally for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on December 12 in North America and Europe, Capcom announced. It will cost $19.99 / £15.99 / €19.99.

As announced earlier this morning, the console versions will launch on December 21 and the PC version on December 13 in Japan.

Here’s an overview of the game, via Capcom:

The original game, released to critical and consumer acclaim in 2006, was hailed as one of the most beautiful games ever created, and this latest release with its renowned Sumi-e ink art style is now even more breath-taking as the graphics have been updated to take advantage of modern high resolutions. Okami HD will be compatible with Xbox One X and PS4 Pro whilst featuring stunning 4K graphics on Xbox One X, PS4 Pro and supported PC hardware.
In Okami HD players take on the role of Amaterasu, the Japanese sun goddess who inhabits the form of a legendary white wolf Shiranui on a quest to defeat Orochi, an eight-headed demon and tyrannical monster responsible for turning the world into a ruined wasteland. Players must use Amaterasu’s magical abilities and arsenal of items, attacks and Celestial Brush techniques to restore the land of Nippon to its previous glory full of life and colour. Along the way, Amaterasu will be called upon to help a cast of quirky and intriguing characters and defeat a bevy of brutal enemies to rid the land of Orochi’s curse.
Players will be able to choose between playing in a modern widescreen format or the original 2007 release’s 4:3 ratio. Interactive loading game screens from the original game are also included, allowing players to earn bonus demon fangs which can be traded for in-game items.​

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's a fair price. I might pick it up just to have a physical copy of the game. Will wait and see how the port is first.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Is dothek even gud? I saw my friend playing it, it has a cool bike, yay, but everything else looks like typical ps2 stuff.
I have no clue what you're talking about here, but G.U. was a pretty fun Action RPG, yes.
Actually, that "everything else" stuff I saw was my friend tweaking around the character menu and riding his cool bike across the town, before I told him to switch to MvC or something since I was there and wants to play something too...

Back then I don't even know it was an action RPG/

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Project Octopath Traveler demo available on Nintendo Switch. Will launch worldwide in 2018. Made by people that worked on Bravely Default. Getting some SaGa vibes.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 launching in December (1st) 2017.

The Switch now has 5 games that I am interested in. Another 5 and I might actually buy one in 2019.

Expon

Scholar
Can someone with a switch try out the octopath demo and confirm if it plays more like braverlyvor saga scarlet grace?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom