Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Moonspeak Random Non-Japanese Asian RPG News Thread

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Fantasia Sango 5 on Steam. No English support listed but it has one in achievement languages, so probably later?:

ss_3426555ba6952388d3dee101aca8ff262f116333.600x338.jpg

ss_65fc1d9915ee2c4c7b8c7fa113cddb33c8dc4ef5.600x338.jpg

Jinn

Arcane
Hahahaha, holy shit that trailer on the steam page is the strangest thing I've seen in awhile.

Anyway, this kind of looks like a Taiwanese Romancing Saga of sorts? If that's the case, would love to try it someday.

Nostaljaded

Savant
I liked their combat design; from the combat perspective, graphic assets for each weapon, beat-them-up colored HP bars down to splashy combat animations (don't remember if there's an option to turn off when one gets bored though).

Recommend playing the DOS (俠客英雄傳3) version, instead of the Windows (俠客英雄傳XP) remake due to IMO better character portraits.

Flame Dragon Knight 2 - Legend of Golden Castle (炎龍騎士團2 黃金城之謎), my go-to Chinese classic-tactics game, also has such combat perspective.
Similar to Shining Force / Fire Emblem series, no defence if one claims is a Shining Force II clone.

QfHy8Du.gif

Jinn

Arcane
Fate Seeker looks badass. Also sounds like the developers plan on an English release! Not sure when, though.

Modron

Arcane
Did they ever fix the prequel?
Well it runs just fine but if you are referring to the google machine translation level translation then no; before steamspy had to rejigger its' algorithms it was in the neighborhood of 4-5k copies moved so I doubt there is any motivation for them to really improve it instead of working on their next game.

Pretty much stuck waiting for autists to fix it.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
hmm, i think a discussion should be had on whether it is morally and ethically responsible to support chinese video games.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
50 billion chinee in the place and they can't find 1 single person who also speaks english to translate their fucking games.

Modron

Arcane
50 billion chinee in the place and they can't find 1 single person who also speaks english to translate their fucking games.
I think the problem is they can't find anyone to translate it on their budget of 4 chickens as the last group that translated their game cheaply looks to have used pure machine translation.
(Tale of Wuxia presequel :negative:)

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Swords of Legend 3 or GuJian 3. First two games are on Steam. First game is being fan translated.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I'm not sure if it's me dropping frames or not (I don't think so), but GuJian 2's video on its steam page looks like it was made on a potato.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm not sure if it's me dropping frames or not (I don't think so), but GuJian 2's video on its steam page looks like it was made on a potato.
Mostly, Chinese trailers run at 10FPS but run smoothly when you actually play them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom