Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry - open world pirate action-RPG from Two Worlds developer

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
https://www.vendetta-game.com

Don't know if the game will worth any penny, since publisher Topware Interactive has decided to give Reality Pump (2 Worlds series) the charge of dev as it was Octane game until now, but, God, this trailer is musically so fun (Dubliners not so far away I guess)

Also, the game is announced for May 7th 2014
http://www.topware.com/fr/424,the-d...ou-on-a-journey-back-to-the-rare-oltimes.html

At least, it seems the project is still alive
http://www.ravenscry-game.com/en/news.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Dragula

Augur
http://www.ravenscry-game.com/en/index.html

Raven's Cry is a dark, third-person, role-playingaction-adventure that interweaves fictional events and characters with historical ones from the 17th century Caribbean. The game is said to feature historically accurate architecture and ruthless pirates unlike the comical ones more commonly found in pop culture. It will be released in 2014.

picall.inc.php

picall.inc.php

picall.inc.php

More pirates, yay!

It is a rather underused setting, but I imagine that is because it is so hard to get correct.

Raven's Cry also features role-playing game elements, including morality system, side-quests, and magic items which can increase character attributes. Systems for 'Fear' and 'Notoriety' make the world around you react to your actions and choices. Killing enemies makes you accumulate 'Fear' which you can use to scare enemies away or as a super attack. The consequence is that everyone in range becomes hostile if you didn't scare them off. 'Notoriety' is increased as you do your murderous thing and similar to Assassin's Creed II's notoriety system with posters on the wall you can rip off. Opponents bleed and suffer which affects the moral aspects of the game. Pirate charms will let you become invincible, summon ravens to rip enemies to shreds, boost attack speed and damage, and even cast some magic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xeon

Augur
Wonder if there Will be sailing and ship battles or will you be a landlubber pirate.

Just talking like a pirate, digging treasure, drinkings and anything else a pirate does without having control of a ship is kinda retarded.

Deleted member 7219

I fucking hate pirates now.

I think Risen 2 ruined them for me. They only worked in AC 4 because of the huge amount of polish Ubisoft put into their games. I dread to think what the creators of Two Worlds might do with that formula.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I fucking hate pirates now.

I think Risen 2 ruined them for me. They only worked in AC 4 because of the huge amount of polish Ubisoft put into their games. I dread to think what the creators of Two Worlds might do with that formula.

Pirates are the new zombies. Just deal with it.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Better pirates than zombies, though.

That said, Two Worlds II with its gated areas and plot-locked tents was already a huge step down from TW1 (which wasn't anything to write home about in the first place), at least as far as open-world exploration was concerned, so I'm not expecting anything good or even decent from their next game.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
This game was being developed by a Finnish studio, but it seems that the project was taken from their hands. Anyway, I'm tired of these "pirate theme" games where there is no actual piracy to be done in gameplay. If it all happens on land only then you are wasting a setting only for the sake of the novelty of having a few "yarr" jokes thrown in.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Potatoes trying to outdo Germans in the European shovelware space.

Indranys

Savant
I'll keep my eye on this one.
C'mon guys Two Worlds series is one of the better popamole shit out there.
The series is better than Amalur, vanilla Skyrim, Risen 2 and the others mediocre walking simulators.
The second is more linear but it has a more badass protag (dat voice man) and interesting continuous quests.
Yeah it's silly but it's fun unlike that single player MMO Amalur bullshit.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
In a joint announcement with Reality Pump, the TopWare Interactive AG has announced that the RPG adventure "Raven's Cry" will be released on 7th May 2014.

Features
  • Action adventure set in a dark re-imagining of the pirate-plagued Caribbean.
  • Engage in fiercely tactical melee combat with an historical, authentic pirate-hunting arsenal.
  • Player choice will have grave consequences on the outcome of the story- will you become a righteous seeker of renegade justice, or a conscienceless man whose ends justify his means?
  • Utilize special combat abilities like Fear Power and cursed Voodoo Charms to overcome and dominate your foes.
  • Challenge a memorable cast of villains to brutal, heart-pounding duels to the death as you seek your vengeance.
This is basically the description for the Risen franchise from a polish developer.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I'll keep my eye on this one.
C'mon guys Two Worlds series is one of the better popamole shit out there.
The series is better than Amalur, vanilla Skyrim, Risen 2 and the others mediocre walking simulators.
The second is more linear but it has a more badass protag (dat voice man) and interesting continuous quests.
Yeah it's silly but it's fun unlike that single player MMO Amalur bullshit.
Talk about low standards..

Tigranes

Arcane
These guys are so weird. First they make Two Worlds which was an unabashed 'all the open world ARPGs out there' clone, and now they have screenies that basically look exactly like Risen 2 with some different photoshop filters.

TW2 was mediocre and boring, so I don't have any hope, but if they improve it will be nice to have another player in the market.

Lhynn

Arcane
Well, a lot of the bad things from TW1 was obviously fixed on TW2, which was good, pity that they took everything they did right and traded it for shit elements.

Feels like these guys grow with every game, and that they actually listen, so im reluctant to just dismiss it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Seems like in addition to the Kickstarter/Retro Revolushun, it's also kind of a golden age for popamole ARPGs lately, if you're into that sort of thing.

deuxhero

Arcane
Eh, tell me when it's released. Only games I bother following the pre-release for anymore are the ones where it's a trainwreck (TESOn Valdez).

Might be good, but probably won't be.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
I like popamole ARPGs. Unfortunately the only one coming out in the near future that doesn't look like complete shovelware shit is Witcher 3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom