Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry - open world pirate action-RPG from Two Worlds developer

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Sounds like Sacrilegium might get canned as well.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Even with a year's development it stands a better chance with Reality Pump than it did with Octane. That said, it'll be crap.

DeepOcean

Arcane
175849007.jpg

Now this is the face of a truly happy and enthusiastic developer.:lol:

Bitcher1

Cipher
Now this is the face of a truly happy and enthusiastic developer.:lol:
This is as enthusiastic as potatoes get, bro

Also, it kinda seems like Aliens:CM situation, with one dev getting scraps from another and having to work out a finished product on the double. Doesn't exactly look dandy.

Explorerbc

Arcane
Damn, I was looking forward to play both Raven's Cry and Sacrilegium.

Even though the Two Worlds games were a bit rough around the edges and flawed, I had a lot more fun with them than with some AAA games like Oblivion. I always thought with a larger team and budget they could do great things.
Right now it sounds like they were forced to make a half-assed version of the game with limited resources, and yeah he doesn't sound very happy. At least I appreciate such a rare degree of honesty in this interview.

Hopefully they are able to deliver and grow as a studio, I like CDProjekt but I'd rather have both studios in business making fun games.

DeepOcean

Arcane
It is a pity, TWT was a fun game even with a lot of flaws, most of them because they were a small studio for the size of the game.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Two Worlds Derp was fucking bland and boring, and I'd be flabbergasted if Raven's Cry is any better.

TheGreatOne

Arcane
Dragons Dogma and Dark Souls are the only games I can think of that have been above mediocre.
Devil Summoner, not as good as Demon/Dark Souls but they're above mediocre (how good is mediocre when it comes to aRPGs is a different story)

Renevent

Cipher
Not a fan of the pirate theme in RPGs, but if I am reading the features list correctly, this one might actually be cool. Based on the Steam page it seems it will be basically a cross between something like Sid Meyer's Pirates! and a 3rd person RPG? If that's the case that could def be fun, especially if the ship/trading/economy mechanics are done well.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Comes out of nowhere, so obviously they're trying to hide it's shittiness. "Don't ask question, just pre-order now! Pirates! HURRR!"
we talked about it ages ago, so it doesn't really come out of nowhere... anyhoo, it will be shit because reality pump.

Lhynn

Arcane
Comes out of nowhere, so obviously they're trying to hide it's shittiness. "Don't ask question, just pre-order now! Pirates! HURRR!"
we talked about it ages ago, so it doesn't really come out of nowhere... anyhoo, it will be shit because reality pump.
Reality pump made a very good magic system in TW2, and the first game had its charm, maybe this one will be better?
If anything they seem to listen to players feedback.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Reality pump made a very good magic system in TW2, and the first game had its charm, maybe this one will be better?
If anything they seem to listen to players feedback.

It's not made by reality pump though. Not from the ground up, anyway. It was in constant development hell being made by a Finnish game studio who have been missing the release date for the past 2 years now. They never got anywhere so reality pump just finally took the project out of their hands and got rid of them. Projects like these always end up the same way: the publisher tries to salvage something out of the wreckage and then just throws it out into the market in hopes that it'll generate some revenue to compensate the losses.

pippin

Long list of features so you don't realize the game comes with 3-limit activation drm.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom