Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry - open world pirate action-RPG from Two Worlds developer

Trip81

Novice
If you release a bugged mess and charge over 50€ for it, you better be prepared for some angry customers. Threaten to sue them doesn't help either.
It's not easy ad that you know that. Yes you are right a buggy game should receive punishment but all the haters are in there holes just waiting for an oppurtunity to attack a game or a developer, all the hate ubisoft got last year wasn't even nearly justified.

The thing is though, that until there is an 'authority' to make sure fans and customer don't get the shaft by taking shit devs and publishers to task for the mess of their releases, this is the only re-dress, nice or not, that people have.

Bottom line.. if you don't want shat on devs, release your games in a playable state and provide gameplay equal to the money being charged, you can't blame people for going berserk when they are led by the dick for months, then finally receive a bag of nuts and bolts for their trouble and that trouble is usually a pre-order (which although stupid to do this, money has still changed hands.)
I don't blame people for going berserk on ravens cry i blame people for going so many times berserk on so many other games befor ravens cry. All thr possibility to tell you oppurtinity about a game becomes more and more worthless. Because of all the shitstorms and what not i can't differ any more. I never looked on metacritics or something like that i always looked on userratings or user opinions. But nowadays? I give a crap about other opinions every day and every shitstorm a little bit more. Its sad and it shouldn't be like that. Foor example look at this thread have you read just one post about whats bad in the gameplay? I haven't.
Well some of us have watched gameplay videos and that's why we are saying it's shit. I don't really understand your argument anyway, it's bad that people share their opinions on games? Everyone should just buy everything blind and hope for the best? As for shit storms, they only happen for shit games, for the most part with unanimous codex hatred. You want to read about how all games are good games and where people praise how amazing everything is? The codex probably isn't the right place for that, though there are little pockets of love here and there.... those are however limited to actual good games not crap designed to steal your money.
In my eyes it doesn't work like that. For example after i watched several last of us gameplay videos i thougt hmm this game is ok/good. Somewhere between that and after i played it. Hm its the best game i ever had played in my life. I didn't saw that coming. After i watched some gameplay videos of demon souls back then i thought sony are you kidding me? After i played it i fell in love with the dark/demon souls series. And so on. Im not saying ravens cry will be like that but i cant say it won't be like that by just watching the videos.

balmorar

Arcane
Queued Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy Edgy
So far: the game is outdated in every way. Ugly, dull graphics with high system requirements, it's unoptimized. Really strange face animations, mouth sync is bad. Voice acting is bad. Fighting is simple, boring, with bad animations. So mature, much swearing, much violence. Sea fighting has more options than Risen 3's, different ammo types, more camera views, you can change the cannons position but overall it's boring and annoying. I can't make screenshots i only get black pictures. I'm close to uninstall it.

Risen games are masterpieces compared to this.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Trip81 Yeah here's the thing, a lot of the people here have played games before the year 2010... so we've seen a lot. Most of the games you mentioned are really really boring and easy. I'm sorry but it's true. Aside from the souls games. Honestly this is just a generation gap thing, you think DA:I is some amazing masterpiece full of detailed content, it really isn't. I suppose it might be of you are comparing to other AAA games released in the last 2 years or something, but even then I find that unlikely.

Back to Raven's Cry. I don't know what to tell you, if you can't watch a video and decide if you are going to like a game or not based of the gameplay.... then good for you. I almost always can, and I can tell I would hate this a lot. The fact that it's broken and released anyway, at full price, is just an insult to consumers.

Trip81

Novice
So far: the game is outdated in every way. Ugly, dull graphics with high system requirements, it's unoptimized. Really strange face animations, mouth sync is bad. Voice acting is bad. Fighting is simple, boring, with bad animations. So mature, much swearing, much violence. Sea fighting has more options than Risen 3's, different ammo types, more camera views, you can change the cannons position but overall it's boring and annoying. I can't make screenshots i only get black pictures. I'm close to uninstall it.

Risen games are masterpieces compared to this.
This is exactly what i searched. Thx for that.

Trip81

Novice
Trip81 Yeah here's the thing, a lot of the people here have played games before the year 2010... so we've seen a lot. Most of the games you mentioned are really really boring and easy. I'm sorry but it's true. Aside from the souls games. Honestly this is just a generation gap thing, you think DA:I is some amazing masterpiece full of detailed content, it really isn't. I suppose it might be of you are comparing to other AAA games released in the last 2 years or something, but even then I find that unlikely.

Back to Raven's Cry. I don't know what to tell you, if you can't watch a video and decide if you are going to like a game or not based of the gameplay.... then good for you. I almost always can, and I can tell I would hate this a lot. The fact that it's broken and released anyway, at full price, is just an insult to consumers.
You are wrong. I play since the nes'/c64. And i never stopped playing. Believe me im an experienced gamer. Maybe you don't like my opinion but don't make the mistake to think i don't know what i am talking about.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What is this rich homie cloaked nonsense? I didn't write that.
0NtzwOu.jpg

Trip81

Novice
Whoever logged in in my account and wrote this rich homie cloaked bullshit you know what you can have my account. I don't waste my time with guys like you. So take my account its a present. Nice isn't it? Btw you are so funny gnihihihi

SarcasticUndertones

Prospernaut
just don't use
4096489.jpg
or without the 's also.

I knew someone had to be messing with the site, alerts have been all over the place today.

krist2

Augur
Patron
Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
now it is making sense, but what is the reason for it.

Well, reason is perhaps to much to ask from this board.... :P

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Whoever logged in in my account and wrote this rich homie cloaked bullshit you know what you can have my account. I don't waste my time with guys like you. So take my account its a present. Nice isn't Rich Homie Cloaked? Btw you are so funny gnihihihi
Jesus Cristo

Ringhausen

Augur
I think this guy is right. Watching a 20 minute gameplay video and saying "UI is bad, VA is rough, GAME IS SHIT SHIT SHIT" is a worthless impression. We know what kind of company this is and that the game's had a troubled development cycle by their standards. If you're looking for a polished, unambitious title then look elsewhere obviously (Obsidian seems to be that company now with Dungeon Siege and South Park).

Based on the first 20 minutes of TW I'd call lt SHIT SHIT SHIT too but I actually played it and genuinely had fun with lt since that game did some things pretty damn well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom