Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You're free to use all the basic rules that have been made open source by WotC, which includes some prestige classes and additional rules from supplement books, and you can even change the ruleset with house-rules to your heart's content (like we're using hexes instead of squares, and we're thinking of adding some form of high ground bonus, etc).

This does not include any copyrighted creatures such as beholders and illithids, but it does include all generic monsters such as orcs, goblins, gnolls, dragons etc which you can freely copy from the old monster manuals.
I don't even.
Sawyer would've probably used 4e ogl anyway.

Grab the Codex by the pussy
I’m not quite sure why you’re reacting so strangely to the idea of an OGL.
Besides the fact that Pillars rule system was a huge waste of resources and time? I remember Tim Cain casualy mentioning in a interview that he had to leave the Stronghold behind because he was helping Sawyer flesh out the combat systems with more spells. That is beyond retarded. Retards beyond.

You know what is funny about this? This is exactly he is going to end up with in PoE3.
What is funny is insisting on a trilogy after this flop.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I remember Tim Cain casualy mentioning in a interview that he had to leave the Stronghold behind because he was helping Sawyer flesh out the combat systems with more spells.

Oh yeah, spells from the D&D manuals are all in too, of course.

You can't use the copyrighted Forgotten Realms names like "Melf's Acid Arrow", but you can just rename it to plain "Acid Arrow" or whatever would fit to your own setting and you're good.
That's 100+ spells with various effects you can freely use.

And of course you can also add in your own spells if you need even more variety.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
I remember Tim Cain casualy mentioning in a interview that he had to leave the Stronghold behind because he was helping Sawyer flesh out the combat systems with more spells.

You can't use the copyrighted Forgotten Realms names like "Melf's Acid Arrow", but you can just rename it to plain "Acid Arrow" or whatever would fit to your own setting and you're good.

And of course you can also add in your own spells if you need even more variety.
Is there any restrictions for your own stuff you could ad?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron

Is there any restrictions for your own stuff you could ad?

No. The OGL can be freely used in your game, pen and paper or computer, as you see fit. As long as you don't steal any of the copyrighted materials (anything connected to the worlds of Faerun, Eberron, Planescape, Greyhawk etc etc) you can do with it whatever you want.

Theoretically you could take the basic ruleset and move it to a scifi setting, replace all magic with psionics, add in rules for space combat, modify the rules for ranged combat to fit better to laser gun battles, etc etc.

Pathfinder is the biggest and most well-known adaptation of the D&D OGL. They do plenty of unique stuff of their own, but the basic ruleset is based on the OGL. It's a good example on how much you can do with it (which is pretty much: anything you want).

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Now that you have seen the dumpsterfire's masterly crafted romances and the gender fluidity of their companions,when are you going to add it in your game? I would recommend that you make it so that on a first meeting your companions will say their pronoun,gender,sex and sexual preference.....to not have any mistakes and offences. Also they should ask you if you want to have sex with them,no matter what gender you have chosen. I would recommend that even the females to fuck you in the ass with a giant strapon.....you could even itemise it,a few legendary strapons wouldn't be bad.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.realms-beyond.com/combat-alpha-first-screenshot/

Combat Alpha – First Screenshot

While the user interface of our combat alpha is still in the final polishing process, we can already present a screenshot from the upcoming scene.

A warband of orcs (along with a troll) ambushed the player’s party in morning hours while traveling through the wilderness.

RB_Combat_Alpha_MorningMist_01.jpg

Swampy_Merkin

Learned
Possibly Retarded
Screens look fanstastic. Expedtions/Warbanners style hex combat with 3.5 and (hopefully) cool animations all sounds like buttered nipple to me. Godspeed.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
And Pool of Radiance.

I'm one of those who liked PoR.

Pool of Radiance is indeed one of our major inspirations!

pool-of-radiance_9.png

In expeditions, a problem with the path arrows was that I could not see them clearly either in the background because of things like the bushes or in the dark at nighttime in the game. Please check JarlFrank that this is not an issue! Otherwise, it looks perfect.

We're still tweaking the interface to make it look beautiful and also be as intuitive and clear in its communication to the player as possible.

vazha

Arcane
It must be because I'm visually impaired, but I'm really having trouble with the color scheme in the first screen. I can barely make out what's going there, everything is pretty much grey/green. Less so in zoomed second screen. Not a criticism, mind you, just my own limitations. At least it doesn't have bloom.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I also think it hard to make out the combatants from the background. Possibly because of the lack of shadows.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
It must be because I'm visually impaired, but I'm really having trouble with the color scheme in the first screen. I can barely make out what's going there, everything is pretty much grey/green. Less so in zoomed second screen. Not a criticism, mind you, just my own limitations. At least it doesn't have bloom.

There will be an alternate color scheme for the arrows and possibly other interface elements, and we've already had a colorblind guy give feedback on the alternate arrow colors. Colorblind mode can be activated in the options menu.

I also think it hard to make out the combatants from the background. Possibly because of the lack of shadows.

We're still fiddling with the details, maybe we're going to add slight outlines to characters and creatures in combat to make them easier to make out against the background. Also, in-game every moving entity has an idle animation, which isn't visible in static screenshots of course. The combatants are a lot easier to see against the background when they're moving.

Now that you mention it, the combatants are a little difficult to spot when you zoom out your view. We haven't noticed that ourselves yet because we are so used to seeing these models in our editor. :D
We'll try to add some rim lighting and see how that improves it.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
We do have shadows, but you can't see them due to the fog effect on the ground! :D

Next screenshots we want to release will show off a dungeon, that'll look pretty different due to indoor instead of outdoor lighting and effects.
Our recent screenshots are set in a morning mist scene to show off our nice environmental effects.

Here's the same scene without fog effects, with the shadow visible under the combatants:

RB_CombatAlpha_NoFog.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom