Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

Martyr

Arcane
instead of talking about Jarl's political views we should talk about his superior taste in gaming (--> he likes Thief THIS much <--) which should be an indicator of the high quality that is to be expected in Realms Beyond. :obviously:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Is Codex Tier 1 publication in the eyes of Ceres?

Which games could have been covered in a Codex Gamescom report?
  • BG4
  • Realms Beyond
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker
  • NuGuild 3?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why don't you cover Gamescom, say everything is shit and then praise Realms Beyond.

Perfect strategy. What could go wrong?

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
Amazing, these developers convinced Guido Henkel to come back to RPG's. He still has a lot of fans waiting for him :salute:

Big Wrangle

Damn, didn't know they managed to bring Guido back into game development.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wow, I think I saw somebody say this on Shoutbox a few months ago but thought they were bullshitting or something.

Next thing you'll tell me Guido was also behind Chaos Chronicles all along. Why'd you hide him until now?

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
If any developers are reading this, I'd also like to know more about Guido's involvement with the project. Is this really a "Guido Henkel game" where he is in charge of things (or just in charge of the writing at least), or was he brought on for his fan base on Kickstarter, like Chris Avellone? Or something in between?

Aemar

Arcane
https://www.realms-beyond.com/designing-open-world-roleplaying/

Some of you may know me as “Dragon” in our forums and I am the Creative Director of Realms Beyond, which means, I am overseeing the creation of the content that you will eventually play in the game.

I do have a background in game design and I’ve worked on numerous roleplaying games before, in a variety of capacities, and when I joined the Ceres Team some time ago, the first order of business was the general world design.

While we’re using assets and code from the never-released Chaos Chronicles project, we decided early on to create the actual content for Realms Beyond from scratch. But where do you start designing an open world roleplaying game?

Aside from re-familiarizing myself with the D&D rules of version 3.5 and looking through all the already-created assets and materials, I had a completely clean slate. Peter (aka HobGoblin42), our project director and lead programmer, had only one guideline for me: create a believable world, rich in detail, that appeals to fans of classic fantasy games and literature.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
It apepars Guido is the creative director and in charge of all the content, but he was keeping his identity a secret until now. That's an awesome surprise!

mondblut

Arcane
You can argue all you want that swastikas don't mean what people think they mean and that you don't care about what people think about what the Nazis did, but you do know as well as I do that in today's, shall we say, sensitive political climate, any and all affections you've clearly plastered all over the place here at Codex and likely elsewhere towards Mr. Hitler and his friends aren't going to be looked upon with much tolerance.

Outrage equals exposure. Exposure equals sales. Crispy equals pussy.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
You can argue all you want that swastikas don't mean what people think they mean and that you don't care about what people think about what the Nazis did, but you do know as well as I do that in today's, shall we say, sensitive political climate, any and all affections you've clearly plastered all over the place here at Codex and likely elsewhere towards Mr. Hitler and his friends aren't going to be looked upon with much tolerance.

Outrage equals exposure. Exposure equals sales. Crispy equals pussy.
Was this just a compliment to crispy?! Did you just say that crispy brought up the topic because he wanted to make a controversy so the game could sell more

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wow, I think I saw somebody say this on Shoutbox a few months ago but thought they were bullshitting or something.

Next thing you'll tell me Guido was also behind Chaos Chronicles all along. Why'd you hide him until now?
This post maybe ?
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...f-chaos-chronicles.119660/page-5#post-5425920

That was it. You never did provide citation. :P

EDIT: This was the right link https://www.realms-beyond.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=9

AbounI

Colonist
Patron

This post maybe ?
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...f-chaos-chronicles.119660/page-5#post-5425920

That was it. You never did provide citation. :P

EDIT: This was the right link https://www.realms-beyond.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=9
But how was I supposed to when such citation didn't even exist until now ? :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom