Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prosper Realms of Arkania: Shovelware Edition

Old Hans

Arcane
haha that trailer has so many filters

Abelian

Somebody's Alt

It would have been awesome if they used this as the trailer. "Looks at all the bugs be fixed! Ten pages worth! It must be good!"

Edit: The videos even have the same length!

Eriador

Arbiter
So, did the patches do any good? Is it playable and/or good now?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Attention all newfags: When you go into the thread of a recently released any game and ask "SO HEY GUIZ IS THIS GAME GOOD?", you are just begging to be misled by shitposters. You have been warned.

I think we might need to put this warning on the main page of the forum.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing

Eriador

Arbiter
Someone told me they massively improved the game in patch 1.32 which was released in December, so that's why I was asking.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well I tried. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
I would wait at least until the next patch, where extra content will be delivered.
A developer on the Steam forum said the game requires balance fixes to make the game harder.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
OH GOD DLC: http://store.steampowered.com/app/264840/ :lol:

Delve deeper into the mystical lore of the Northland with 3 new heroic questlines in “For the Gods” the first DLC for Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny.

First, you’ve been entrusted by a nobleman from Clanegh with the difficult task of transforming the paramour of a Thorwalian leader’s daughter into a worthy suitor. But father and daughter do not always see eye-to-eye. May Rahja, the Goddess of Love, be with you, because this quest is not going to be a cakewalk.

Next, when a villager goes missing, those that remain speak of strange phenomena haunting their fields and scaring their animals. These unnerved villagers look to you for help and point towards Orkhun, the ancestral dwelling of the Baerhag Clan which had been left to decay centuries ago. Perhaps there is more to these mysterious happenings than a run of the mill ghost story?

Then you will journey to the godforsaken hicksville of neighboring Rukian. First and foremost, the Rukian population lives to serve their passing travelers. But a dark spector of death hovers over this remote hamlet. Even though the Goddess of Hospitality’s name is on every Rukian’s lips, have the residents of this gloomy crossroads taken their credo a step too far?

Discover new towns, dungeons, and quests, encounter the Gods of Love, Death, and Hospitality and venture further into Northland legends of this epic RPG saga.

Features
  • 2 new dungeons (An enchanted piece of woodlands, an old crypt)
  • 1 new questline around Rukian

Darth Roxor

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Excellent. I hope this helps them fund part 2, it's the best in the series.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
[irony]Great, I was wondering what this game was missing: a dating simulator.

You know a game is :obviously: when the official description refers to one of the locations as "godforsaken hicksville."

Also, some one contact Candy Crush for use of the term "saga" in the DLC description.[/irony]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Not just that, but:
Chris Firefox
DLC is Free of Charge for current owners

Dear valued players of our Game! We have invested the last weeks to develop a set of new contents including two new dungeons and a total of four new side quest series for your enjoyment, and released it under the name "For the Gods" as a DLC. Please do not buy it if you want it, we will be sending out Keys to every current owner of the game, and of course to everybody owning the boxed version, this will also come free of charge.

There was a little misunderstanding with the release time, so please be patient, you will receive your key as soon as possible, thank you!

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
So that means that all copies of the DLC will be given away for free?

That wasn't reading comprehension failure: I got that new buyers have to pay for it. I made a joke that people who have seen the game's woes will not buy it, so only people who pre-ordered RoA will play it.

Crichton

Prophet
I can't help but notice that as of right now, the author of post 788 has 666 posts. It is fitting that a post about these developers "remaking" Star Trail should be the message of the beast.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Final "gold" patch - including a free expansion - to be released imminently. Those who have trouble understanding how games work can use this official chart to help them out:

BYpGIZs.png

Best time for a front page re-review would be early next week, if you can find the time for it.

Sinatar

Arbiter
Final "gold" patch - including a free expansion - to be released imminently. Those who have trouble understanding how games work can use this official chart to help them out:

BYpGIZs.png

Best time for a front page re-review would be early next week, if you can find the time for it.

Taking the Jo-Wood methodology towards 'Gold' editions I see.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Final patch! No mas! Out and Proud:

Patch 1.33, 21st of February 2014, 9pm (GMT+2)
  • New Intro
  • Extensive rebalancing of all weapon values
  • 7 new weapons (e.g. Thrust Spear, Andergaster, Battle Bow)
  • “Good” and “Masterwork” Weapon variants introduced
  • Weapon trader sortiments reworked and spread hints to them
  • Extensive rebalancing of NPC values
  • Some NPCs now have 2 attacks per turn (e.g. sabretooth tiger)
  • Every combat spell now has a unique visual effect
  • Unlocked spells Nekropathia and Abvenenum
  • Many inside house screens reworked
  • Individual temple screens per god
  • Temple distribution reworked according to world background
  • Improved modability (new Functions, hook for Tavern activities)
  • Battle stances
  • Necrophobia checks when battling undead
  • Better marking of “Points of Interest” in every town, not only Thorwal
  • New Quest marker on the travelmap
  • New Druid rituals (using Obsidian Dagger)
  • Improved item tooltips
  • Extended trader item tooltips
  • Groenvelden redone (Groups of People you can talk to)
  • Real loading screen for battles
  • Evade in battles now uses up a parry attempt
  • You can now only either evade or parry once per turn
  • Fixed many spells (e.g. negative AE was possible)
  • Fixed scene display on the travelmap
  • Fixed several battle avatar bugs (e.g. female thorwalian, some hand bone assignments)
  • Fixed several hangs in the Gold DLC
  • Fixed several smaller issues (questbook, main menu image and more)
  • Fixed Tjoila crash
  • Prevented buggy dialogs (e.g. from a mod) freezing travel
  • Radial Menu in Dungeons fixed
  • Fixed “earshield” texture problem in Thorwal
  • Free-DLC “Ogredeath” released, with great help from our Betatesters, especially lunatic
  • New Dungeon/Quest Torkil’s Chasm
  • New Quest “Beilunk Riders in Trouble” (lunatic)
  • New Quest “Sweet Erika”
  • Race on Bodir
  • Tavern-Event “Throwing Contest”
  • Four new Encounters at sea (lunatic)

The game is OFFICIALLY COMPLETE now. This is the ideal time for a second playthrough + Codex re-review.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom