Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prosper Realms of Arkania: Shovelware Edition

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I just noticed that the original BoD is listed as one of the worst RPGs every made on Steam's new ranking system (an assessment that even fans of the franchise would probably agree with). Then I looked for the remake's store page and found out that it's been delisted from Steam :argh:

I hope it's just a technical error.

pippin

I just noticed that the original BoD is listed as one of the worst RPGs every made on Steam's new ranking system (an assessment that even fans of the franchise would probably agree with). Then I looked for the remake's store page and found out that it's been delisted from Steam :argh:

I tried to access the store page via the client, and couldn't find it, but the rest of the game's forums and guides work fine. If it's not a bug, then the game has been deleted from Steam. What a surprise :M
The devs were deleting many negative reviews based on the fact that patches allegedly "fixed" many of the broken things found in this game, in a "we fixed that shit, so shut up" kinda way. I wonder if they actually want to release "HD" versions for the other two games.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Hey, what about the console versions? Still up for release in a week?

The dates seem to have disappeared from the Amazon pages.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
They might be pulling the old info and store pages for a big PR push tomorrow. I'll ask for confirmation on the official forums.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
I just noticed that the original BoD is listed as one of the worst RPGs every made on Steam's new ranking system (an assessment that even fans of the franchise would probably agree with).
Gonna have to disagree with you on this one. The original Blade of Destiny is one of the defining Western roleplaying games.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I just noticed that the original BoD is listed as one of the worst RPGs every made on Steam's new ranking system (an assessment that even fans of the franchise would probably agree with).
Gonna have to disagree with you on this one. The original Blade of Destiny is one of the defining Western roleplaying games.
:bro:
This game is about freedom ... or the illusion thereof. Just like Daggerfall was. All just smoke and mirrors in the end, but you can have tons of fun until it becomes too obvious.
And about beyond awesome CRPG mechanics. Wished it would have been more unforgiving though, because those wilderness and dungeon survival skill checks were much too soft.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
They answered my post:

Crafty Studios beendet Kooperation mit UIG
Liebe Community, liebe Spieler!

Wie einem aufmerksamen Mitglied der Community +M bereits aufgefallen ist, wird Schicksalsklinge HD seit gestern Abend nicht mehr auf Steam zum Verkauf angeboten. Dies hat den Grund, dass wir aufgrund unüberwindbarer Differenzen unsere Kooperation mit UIG beendet haben. Dies gilt auch für die Konsolenversion von Schicksalsklinge HD.
Wir arbeiten an einer positiven Zukunft für Schicksalsklinge HD und die gesamte NLT, mehr können wir euch zu diesem Zeitpunkt aber noch nicht sagen. Ich halte euch in jedem Fall auf dem Laufenden.

The future looks bright :salute:

(they ditched their publisher to make even better games in the future, including the Star Trail remake. Console versions don't seem to be completely off the table yet.)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They answered my post:

Crafty Studios beendet Kooperation mit UIG
Dear Community, dear players!

As an observant member of the community +M is already noticed fate blade HD is no longer offered on Steam since yesterday evening for sale. This is the reason that we have terminated our cooperation with UIG due to irreconcilable differences. This also applies to the console version of Fate Sword HD.
We are working on a positive future for blade HD destiny and the entire NLT, the more we can tell you at this point but not yet. I will keep you in any case to date.

The future looks bright : Bless you:

(they ditched their publisher to make even better games in the future, including the Star Trail remake. Console versions don't seem to be completely off the table yet.)

Wait - they have the DSA license, not UIG? :lol:

Gord

Arcane
The question is, can they manage it or will they run out of money?
And what about the rights to Schicksalsklinge HD? Does Crafty Studios own them or the publisher?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Wait - they have the DSA license, not UIG? :lol:

Chromatrix handles all the DSA video game licenses, regardless of who the publisher is (compare Memoria vs. Demonicon vs. Blackguards vs. BoD HD). Depending on the licensing agreement, it's possible that the console version of BoD HD could be made with a different publisher.

Last edited:

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
:bro:
This game is about freedom ... or the illusion thereof. Just like Daggerfall was. All just smoke and mirrors in the end, but you can have tons of fun until it becomes too obvious.
And about beyond awesome CRPG mechanics. Wished it would have been more unforgiving though, because those wilderness and dungeon survival skill checks were much too soft.
I like Star Trail more, but I think Blade of Destiny was more free in the sense that you could get the map pieces in any order and there were a few you didn't need to get. Star Trail's world was bigger, but its structure was far more linear - there was a set and narrow path that you needed to take to complete the game. It also had less optional content. I don't think Blade of Destiny's freedom was an illusion - I can't think of any other RPG structured like that, where you're given a goal and you just do it in the best way you can.

Anyway, they're both great and I'm still morbidly curious about the Star Trail remake.

The Steam remake has mixed reviews, but the several recent ones state the devs have listened to feedback, and devoted themselves, and the game is now decently playable.

pippin

The Steam remake has mixed reviews, but the several recent ones state the devs have listened to feedback, and devoted themselves, and the game is now decently playable.

I do remember the devs deleted a lot of comments and disathorized several user reviews, claiming things were "fixed" while being shown clear evidence on the contrary.

I do remember the devs deleted a lot of comments and disathorized several user reviews, claiming things were "fixed" while being shown clear evidence on the contrary.

In that case, I think I'll bite the bullet with the originals. Thanks for info!

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I think they fixed a lot of things, but the character models in the combat screen are so ugly that I just can't play the game. I can stand outdated graphics but not outright ugly graphics.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wasn't much playable when I last checked. Bugs might've been fixed but it's as rough as a rhino boinking a flea.

thexsa

Educated
Idk why anyone would support these devs. Another typical German-made game with abysmal voice acting + horrible grammar.

Even right at the start, where games usually are most polished, the essence of turd was visible.

The text read something in the lines of: "#CHARNAME does something, when a woman approaches at the bar. HE starts speaking to them."

Also, the voice acting doesn't substitute the missing name for something, everything else is read instead.

Sure, this doesn't necessarily make the game bad in an overall sense, but the 4 times I've even tried getting started in the game the general feel of the game pissed me off too much to even ever get to the combat. Why are devs even wasting their time on shitty voice acting when the writing is extremely abysmal in the first place? Why do they always have to be the next AAA-shitpiece of game?

pippin

The text on the original game was alright, I wonder why they didn't just copy pasted most of it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom