Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Rebecca Heineman's Dragons of the Rip (formerly Dragon Wars 2)

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:lol: Can they do that? Isn't it an Interplay IP? I guess Herve wants in on the action now!

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
WUT? like a week ago she was awkwardly begging Fargo to let her work on the new Bard's Tale IV... now she suddenly has a new project?

FAKE EDIT: Found leaked images of all the work so far:

n0xbuTc.jpg

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
There is no trademark currently for Dragon Wars, so are they working with Herve since he owns the IP?

Unless they outright buy the IP, if Herve is involved in any way....

:keepmymoney:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
That surely has nothing to do with the BT4 from inXile and her not being onboard despite her recommending herself on twitter. But well, if a worthy DW2 comes out of that friendly competition, who cares.

Luzur

Good Sir
Sailor Ranko? So he turned into a tranny dev that RP that he is a sailor moon anime character in a webcomic or what?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Dragon Wars 2, Story and engine by Rebecca Heineman, design by Jennell Jaquays and others that will announced soon

@McTeddyGames It WILL be a up to six member party adventure where you explore an open world and make your way in it. Not FPS, Dungeon Keeper

Oh, and yes, there will be dragons, designed by the girl who designed THIS dragon http://jaquays.com/

We are taking #dragonwars2 to Kickstarter. Soundtrack by @8bitweapon

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh, and yes, there will be dragons, designed by the girl who designed THIS dragon http://jaquays.com/

Dragon looks alright, lets see who this designer is.

Most of her fans and peers know Jennell Jaquays for the body of work she created using the name "Paul Jaquays" through-out the course of her career as an artist and game developer working on role play gaming and computer and video game development projects.
(...)
Jennell currently resides in Seattle, Washington with her fiancee Rebecca Heineman

Okay? I..I don't get it. So both are transsexuals but they live like a lesbian couple? I'd like to think that I am fairly open minded but this is just too lulzy for me, I have never heard of such a thing in my life.

-

On topic - is Dragon Wars even worth anything as an IP? It seems to be a pretty obscure title. I probably would have never heard about this at all except for the Matt Chat interview with Heineman.

Alchemist

Arcane
Jaquays is the real deal - she did some really classic stuff in the PnP RPG field (both adventure design and art) and has a nice old-school art style:
nT9fLqv.jpg

sH4qKTd.jpg

bBRvcPl.jpg

s4n31O7.jpg

C23OOLj.jpg

8t2eklt.jpg
I hope she has a lot of influence on the project's look and brings those old-school PnP sensibilities.

So according to whois, dragonwars2.com was registered few days ago (Feb 1).

It redirects to some site with Battle Chess....

:hmmm:

Is that still or was related to Herve?

Yes (if I recall correctly).

Guess this means Herve is involved. Screw that shit.
That's the Olde Skuul site - not Interplay's. They developed the new Battle Chess for Interplay is all. That doesn't mean DW 2 will have anything to do with Interplay / Herve.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
This is one of the best possible things that could happen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom